Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Quinn Cook NBA Contract!

This stays on this board until Quinn get's an NBA contract. However long is okay.

If the Pelicans don't sign him after dumping their entire backcourt and its depth last night, they are dumber than if they tried to hire John Calipari.

Also, They are definitely going after Cal right? Brow and Boogie?
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    This stays on this board until Quinn get's an NBA contract. However long is okay.

If the Pelicans don't sign him after dumping their entire backcourt and its depth last night, they are dumber than if they tried to hire John Calipari.

Also, They are definitely going after Cal right? Brow and Boogie?

Well, Cal did say a team of his former players could beat the Warriors. He'd be 2/5 of the way there.

Thought the same exact thing about Quinn when i seen this this morning!! He has ties to the Pelicans, spent the off season w them when they did there overseas tour thing. He was signed and waived. Had time to make some associates though Quinn is a cool dude, and the brow made him part of the "squad" while he was there. I think he would be a great big to finish on the break, abvove average 3 pt shooter, high iq, and two freak athletes to throw the lob to!

Im going to text chris broussard and see if i cant get some further insight on this.

Btw what a laughable thought by that investigation riddled coach cal. So out of touch.. Kentucky Starting 5: John Wall, Devon Booker, MKG, Anthony Davis, Boogie Cousins.
    Warriors Starting 5: Steph Cur, Klay Thompson, KD, Draymond, ZAZA

Quote Originally Posted by dukefan_828 View Post
    Thought the same exact thing about Quinn when i seen this this morning!! He has ties to the Pelicans, spent the off season w them when they did there overseas tour thing. He was signed and waived. Had time to make some associates though Quinn is a cool dude, and the brow made him part of the "squad" while he was there. I think he would be a great big to finish on the break, abvove average 3 pt shooter, high iq, and two freak athletes to throw the lob to!

Im going to text chris broussard and see if i cant get some further insight on this.

Btw what a laughable thought by that investigation riddled coach cal. So out of touch.. Kentucky Starting 5: John Wall, Devon Booker, MKG, Anthony Davis, Boogie Cousins.
    Warriors Starting 5: Steph Cur, Klay Thompson, KD, Draymond, ZAZA
    I think an all-UK team would stand a decent chance, actually:

Cousins
    Davis
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bledsoe
    Wall

Towns
    Randle
    Booker
    Murray
    Knight

Jones
    Meeks
    Noel

With Patterson, Cauley-Stein, and Ulis sitting out. And that isn't including Kanter, who spent a year at UK with Cal but wasn't allowed to play because his former team in Turkey are jerks and sabotaged his eligibility.

The starting five would still favor Golden State. But the second five would be a huge edge for the UK group.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

Cousins
    Davis
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bledsoe
    Wall

Towns
    Randle
    Booker
    Murray
    Knight

Jones
    Meeks
    Noel

With Patterson, Cauley-Stein, and Ulis sitting out. And that isn't including Kanter, who spent a year at UK with Cal but wasn't allowed to play because his former team in Turkey are jerks and sabotaged his eligibility.

The starting five would still favor Golden State. But the second five would be a huge edge for the UK group.
    Nah I would take a UK lineup over the Warriors every day of the week and twice on Sunday
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post

Cousins
    Davis
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bledsoe
    Wall

Towns
    Randle
    Booker
    Murray
    Knight

Jones
    Meeks
    Noel

I went AND did a NBA UK vs NBA Duke scneario like you did w warriors uk above. Opinions? I think we stack up well.. game i'd pay to see
    Cousins
    Davis
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bledsoe
    Wall

Kyrie
    JJ
    Jabari Parker
    Jahlil
    MP2

2nd Rotation

Towns
    Randle
    Booker
    Murray
    Knight

Austin Rivers
    Seth Curry
    Justice
    Rodney Hood
    MP1 (Shuts Down KAT)

Role Players

Jones
    Meeks
    Noel

Brandon Ingram
    Luol Deng
    Gerald Henderson

Bench Warmers/Special Situations

Cauley-Stein
    Ullis

Tyus Jones
    Dunleavy
    Singler

Quote Originally Posted by dukefan_828 View Post
    I went AND did a NBA UK vs NBA Duke scneario like you did w warriors uk above. Opinions? I think we stack up well.. game i'd pay to see
    Cousins
    Davis
    Kidd-Gilchrist
    Bledsoe
    Wall

Kyrie
    JJ
    Jabari Parker
    Jahlil
    MP2

2nd Rotation

Towns
    Randle
    Booker
    Murray
    Knight

Austin Rivers
    Seth Curry
    Justice
    Rodney Hood
    MP1 (Shuts Down KAT)

Role Players

Jones
    Meeks
    Noel

Brandon Ingram
    Luol Deng
    Gerald Henderson

Bench Warmers/Special Situations

Cauley-Stein
    Ullis

Tyus Jones
    Dunleavy
    Singler

Love our guys, but we would get slapped. Kyrie is the only guy on the same level as Wall, Davis, and Cousins, and Wall is the best defensive PG in the league when he wants to be.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehky View Post
    Love our guys, but we would get slapped. Kyrie is the only guy on the same level as Wall, Davis, and Cousins, and Wall is the best defensive PG in the league when he wants to be.
    I would have said Jabari was close this year before the injury. A lot of people were saying he would have been on the short list of players to replace Love in the all-star game.

But yea.. even with Bari Duke is getting smacked in that game.

What does any of this have to do with the possibility of Quinn getting a contract?!?! This must be one of the swiftest thread hijackings ever. Anyway, since this is apparently getting its own thread and been separated from the D-league thread, I figured I'd repeat some of my thoughts from over there. Quinn has done really well to even get on the NBA radar and this Pelicans opening seems like the first really legit possibility for him. Making an NBA roster for the first time off of a ten day contract as a point guard is really tough to do. Of the half dozen or so point guards signed to ten days his year, only one, Chasson Randle, did so without previous NBA experience, and even he was well on his way to making the Knicks roster in camp before getting hurt. Whether or not he gets a deal, he's done well.

Quote Originally Posted by SCMatt33 View Post
    What does any of this have to do with the possibility of Quinn getting a contract?!?! This must be one of the swiftest thread hijackings ever. Anyway, since this is apparently getting its own thread and been separated from the D-league thread, I figured I'd repeat some of my thoughts from over there. Quinn has done really well to even get on the NBA radar and this Pelicans opening seems like the first really legit possibility for him. Making an NBA roster for the first time off of a ten day contract as a point guard is really tough to do. Of the half dozen or so point guards signed to ten days his year, only one, Chasson Randle, did so without previous NBA experience, and even he was well on his way to making the Knicks roster in camp before getting hurt. Whether or not he gets a deal, he's done well.
    This board had a severe case of ADHD.

I can't think of a guy who deserves a shot more than Quinn. I'm sorry but if Dellavedova is deemed good enough to play at the NBA level, then I'd take my chances with Quinn any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Squirrel!!!!!!!
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Shouldn't we start arguing over minutes on the Duke NBA team next?

I think it was SI when reviewing the Boogie trade that suggested Quinn would get the call up. Really hope it works out for Cook. Thought the Cavs may have called him up but with Love out they needed size.

Full support from me with this tread! Well done sir!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

According to ESPN's Marc Stein, Quinn will be working out for the Pelicans today along with Mario Chalmers, Hollis Thompson, and Reggie Williams. Obviously, this is still in the rumor phase, so hard to tell the veracity (whether that list is correct, and if so, is there anyone missing). That list also includes a mix of wings and point guards so tough to tell what the team is truly looking for. It's also possible that they are trying to complete another trade first and signing a free agent could be merely a backup plan. Either way, stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Nah I would take a UK lineup over the Warriors every day of the week and twice on Sunday
    I wouldn't . . . Steph and KD are 2 of the 3 best players in the league, and I don't see any way that UK team can realistically match up with Steph, Klay, and KD (I'm not sure anybody can). The Warriors would be a WAY better shooting team than that UK lineup. They have 3 of the 10 best shooters of all time. As for the UK squad, Wall/MKG/Bledsoe/AD are all below average to terrible 3 point shooters, especially compared to the Steph/Klay/KD trio. I'm not concerned about the Warriors' bench. They have good depth, and their starting 5 is MUCH better offensively in my opinion. You can't hang with the Warriors when the only guy they have to guard on the perimeter is your center. And even Cousins is just a career 32% shooter who is at 35.6% this year. That's your best shooter. Just stop it. (Booker is a career 35.5% from 3)
    Last edited by kAzE; 02-21-2017 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    I wouldn't . . . Steph and KD are 2 of the 3 best players in the league, and I don't see any way that UK team can realistically match up with Steph, Klay, and KD (I'm not sure anybody can). The Warriors would be a WAY better shooting team than that UK lineup. They have 3 of the 10 best shooters of all time. As for the UK squad, Wall/MKG/Bledsoe/AD are all below average to terrible 3 point shooters, especially compared to the Steph/Klay/KD trio. I'm not concerned about the Warriors' bench. They have good depth, and their starting 5 is MUCH better offensively in my opinion. You can't hang with the Warriors when the only guy they have to guard on the perimeter is your center. And even Cousins is just a career 32% shooter who is at 35.6% this year. That's your best shooter. Just stop it. (Booker is a career 35.5% from 3)
    While they might rank amongst the top 10 shooters of all time from a statistical standpoint, I think this is largely due to them playing in a 3 point happy era. I don't think Durant or Klay rank amongst the 10 best shooters of all time.

May the force be with you Quinn...

Did someone say...vigil?

I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    While they might rank amongst the top 10 shooters of all time from a statistical standpoint, I think this is largely due to them playing in a 3 point happy era. I don't think Durant or Klay rank amongst the 10 best shooters of all time.

May the force be with you Quinn...
    Here's a news flash: The "3 point happy era" isn't going away any time soon. This is what basketball is now. And statistics matter. There's no other way to compare across eras. Steph I think by any measure is the greatest shooter of all time. Basketball historians almost unanimously agree on this. Another thing they agree on is that Klay is in the top 10 of all time, no question. Those guys would have been good in any era.

KD is a bit different, but I personally would consider him one of the best shooters ever, just because he has 30 foot range and nobody can block his shot.

And just so we don't get confused, here's my top 10:

1. Steph Curry
    2. Ray Allen
    3. Steve Nash
    4. Reggie Miller
    5. Larry Bird
    6. Jerry West
    7. Klay Thompson
    8. Kyle Korver
    9. Dale Ellis
    10. Kevin Durant

Barely missed: Steve Kerr, Jason Terry, Chris Mullin, Drazen Petrovic, Dirk Nowitzki, Mark Price, Peja Stojakovic
    Last edited by kAzE; 02-22-2017 at 11:12 AM.

While I agree that the 3 point era isn't going anywhere soon, I don't think it is necessarily here to stay in its current form. Adjustments to any number of rules could diminish the effectiveness of relying so heavily on the 3 point shot. I also don't think 3 point shooting statistics and ability should be the exclusive criteria in assessing shooting ability. And while statistics do matter, relying on them is not the only way to compare players over different eras. When attempting to define something subjective such as the best shooter or player, the eye test obviously plays a major role too.

I'd place Nowitzki, Mullin, Kerr, and Price in the top 10. Kerr has the top 3 point shooting percentage of all time and Price is number 2 all time in FT percentage. Durant ranks outside the top 100 in 3pt percentage and Thompson ranks outside the top 100 in ft perctage; neither ranks top 10 in FT percentage or 3 pt percentage. IMO, Rick Barry and Thompson should be included in the honorable mention along with the bottom 4 of your top 10(excluding Durant) and the ones I haven't mentioned from your barely missed list (excluding Terry). Based on statistics alone, Mullin would probably not make many top 10 lists but he is there based on my eye test. I really don't see how Kerr can be left off of anyone's list, he passes the stats test, the eye test, the ear test and the cinder block test...imo.

1. Curry
    2. Nash
    3. Allen
    4. Kerr
    5. West
    6. Bird
    7. Miller
    8. Price
    9. Nowitzki
    10. Mullin

Honorable Mention:
    Barry, Peja, Drazen, Thompson, Ellis
    Last edited by subzero02; 02-22-2017 at 12:35 PM.

Man, this place really loves the warriors. Last year during the finals, it was almost nauseating. As a born and raised Ohioan, I'm looking forward to Lebron bringing back another title.

I just wish Cleveland would of given Quinn a shot. I think he would of been a great backup PG to kyrie.