Redick's "Mohawk"

It's not a true Mohawk, DBR.
    His Hair is gelled to the middle line of his head and the hair might be a bit shorter on the sides. kind of a mohawk maybe. His look is a lot better than Adam Morrison's, who he torched. Not only does Morrison still have the long greasy hair and the obnoxious moustache, he now has a headband and a wispy goatee to match the 'stache.

http://www.nba.com/magic/photogaller...ml?curPhoto=11

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauxhawk

Made famous by (of course) David Beckham.

When my teenager kids see a "mohawk" like that, they say it's called in teen lingo, a "faux-hawk".
    Last edited by rthomas; 10-14-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    ~rthomas

Oh that's not so bad, I had horrible visions of a 101st airborne about to jump into Normandy type of look.

BTW, Adam Morrison so looks like he stepped right out of dazed and confused.

Adam Morrison is just a creep.

redick > morrison

when it comes to style, JJ will always trump Adam in my book

Quote Originally Posted by theasem View Post
    It's not a true Mohawk, DBR.
    His Hair is gelled to the middle line of his head and the hair might be a bit shorter on the sides. kind of a mohawk maybe. His look is a lot better than Adam Morrison's, who he torched. Not only does Morrison still have the long greasy hair and the obnoxious moustache, he now has a headband and a wispy goatee to match the 'stache.

http://www.nba.com/magic/photogaller...ml?curPhoto=11
    Second pic -- JJ's arm looks to be getting very friendly w/ Mr. Morrison. (Who does look like a Dazed & Confused reject...)

I hate to say it, but in the book of cool the faux-hawk falls into the metro chapter. Don't get me wrong, I still yell out "JJ" whenever I through wadded up paper in the trash can - but I must award more style points to Morrison on this particular occasion.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Wow! I noticed the arms, not the placement, just the arms. And after that, who's looking at his hair?

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    I hate to say it, but in the book of cool the faux-hawk falls into the metro chapter. Don't get me wrong, I still yell out "JJ" whenever I through wadded up paper in the trash can - but I must award more style points to Morrison on this particular occasion.
    If I understand your usage of metro correctly, wouldn't anything metro be, almost by definition, more stylish? One main aspect of metro is to attempt to be stylish, and spending a lot of time/thought on it. Another might be to not be so manly, as spending time/thought on style isn't always considered manly.

Let's hope J.J. bashers don't notice the arm in that picture, it's just more ammo they will have to use on him

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    When my teenager kids see a "mohawk" like that, they say it's called in teen lingo, a "faux-hawk".
    My wife does one that's really cool, the fro-hawk (it's all about the rhyming, people). I don't have a picture of it, but she pulls the sides really tight and leaves the fro at the top. Looks sexy and works well for the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    So you're saying retro over metro then.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine