Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    Redick's "Mohawk"

    It's not a true Mohawk, DBR.
    His Hair is gelled to the middle line of his head and the hair might be a bit shorter on the sides. kind of a mohawk maybe. His look is a lot better than Adam Morrison's, who he torched. Not only does Morrison still have the long greasy hair and the obnoxious moustache, he now has a headband and a wispy goatee to match the 'stache.



    http://www.nba.com/magic/photogaller...ml?curPhoto=11

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Austin, TX
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fauxhawk

    Made famous by (of course) David Beckham.

  3. #3
    When my teenager kids see a "mohawk" like that, they say it's called in teen lingo, a "faux-hawk".
    Last edited by rthomas; 10-14-2007 at 02:58 PM.
    ~rthomas


  4. #4
    Oh that's not so bad, I had horrible visions of a 101st airborne about to jump into Normandy type of look.

    BTW, Adam Morrison so looks like he stepped right out of dazed and confused.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Toledo
    Adam Morrison is just a creep.
    "Duke is a once in a lifetime opportunity and something you don't pass up on." -Amile Jefferson

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Washington, DC

    redick > morrison

    when it comes to style, JJ will always trump Adam in my book

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by theasem View Post
    It's not a true Mohawk, DBR.
    His Hair is gelled to the middle line of his head and the hair might be a bit shorter on the sides. kind of a mohawk maybe. His look is a lot better than Adam Morrison's, who he torched. Not only does Morrison still have the long greasy hair and the obnoxious moustache, he now has a headband and a wispy goatee to match the 'stache.



    http://www.nba.com/magic/photogaller...ml?curPhoto=11
    Second pic -- JJ's arm looks to be getting very friendly w/ Mr. Morrison. (Who does look like a Dazed & Confused reject....)

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In your attic
    I hate to say it, but in the book of cool the faux-hawk falls into the metro chapter. Don't get me wrong, I still yell out "JJ" whenever I through wadded up paper in the trash can - but I must award more style points to Morrison on this particular occasion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    Wow! I noticed the arms, not the placement, just the arms. And after that, who's looking at his hair?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    I hate to say it, but in the book of cool the faux-hawk falls into the metro chapter. Don't get me wrong, I still yell out "JJ" whenever I through wadded up paper in the trash can - but I must award more style points to Morrison on this particular occasion.
    If I understand your usage of metro correctly, wouldn't anything metro be, almost by definition, more stylish? One main aspect of metro is to attempt to be stylish, and spending a lot of time/thought on it. Another might be to not be so manly, as spending time/thought on style isn't always considered manly.

  11. #11
    Let's hope J.J. bashers don't notice the arm in that picture, it's just more ammo they will have to use on him

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    When my teenager kids see a "mohawk" like that, they say it's called in teen lingo, a "faux-hawk".
    My wife does one that's really cool, the fro-hawk (it's all about the rhyming, people). I don't have a picture of it, but she pulls the sides really tight and leaves the fro at the top. Looks sexy and works well for the clubs.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post
    I hate to say it, but in the book of cool the faux-hawk falls into the metro chapter. Don't get me wrong, I still yell out "JJ" whenever I through wadded up paper in the trash can - but I must award more style points to Morrison on this particular occasion.
    So you're saying retro over metro then.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Skinker-DeBaliviere, Saint Louis

    A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert


    Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Similar Threads

  1. OT: Bobby Hurleys horse "Cameron Crazzies" running today!
    By GoDukeDevils in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-25-2008, 11:28 PM
  2. Wheat/"/"/"...Fantasy Fishing, win big $
    By Wheat/"/"/" in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-13-2008, 09:26 PM
  3. Icing the Shooter: "Good" play or "Bad"
    By greybeard in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-07-2008, 03:53 PM
  4. "Blue Devils crush Yellow Jackets, remain unbeaten"
    By Bluedawg in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-30-2007, 11:08 PM
  5. Wheat/"/"/" weighs in....*long
    By Wheat/"/"/" in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •