Patrick Patterson

Just read that he really enjoyed the visit in Gainesville.

"It's crazy," he told The Gainesville Sun. "The student section, the Rowdy Reptiles, were great. It looks like a fun place to play." -

http://www.kentucky.com/mld/kentucky...y/16841778.htm

Anyone know what are the chances of him wearing a Duke uniform next year?

I just get the feeling that he wants to be a Gator.

The ROWDY REPTILES? Seriously?

It is amazing how lame some schools have gotten with their student sections.

I do not base this on anything other than what I've pieced together from various sites and articles and occasional comments from a buddy of mine, but he appears to be down to Duke, WF, VA, FL, and UK - with Duke, FL, UK having a leg up. What I recall hearing/reading/being told:

*he'll pick 3 finalists (I think it was) by the end of his season which I recall is 3/19(ish).
    *he'll pick a school first week of April.
    *his Dad likes Duke as I recall
    *his Mom gets along well with Mrs. Tubby Smith
    *Tubby Smith rumors of departure will affect his decision
    *Who declares for the NBA may affect his school of choice
    *he "liked the rims" at Cameron when he played a tournament here - if I recall he didn't miss a shot in one game (or just missed a couple)
    *enjoyed his visit here and at UF

Again, ALL IMO. I too have a gut feeling that it is FL but one never knows. I've been impressed with this young man, his family, and how "professional/mature" he has handled his whole recruiting. Usually you see a kid, a family member, a member of his "group" slip something. Not this fella - cards tight to his vest and I think that is both wise and, again, impressive.

Either way he has a lot of good choices and he will probably do well wherever he goes. One never knows with that too. Ranking high school kids is inexact at best. If we do not land him we still have a great class and the top PF (again, ranking means nothing really) in '08 has us high on his list (and says we're sort of a favorite school).

I get a bad vibe on our place with PP but I recall Watzone saying some time back that we were in good shape with him. That's been a while and perhaps he can tell us if things have changed.

We UVA fans are really hoping he'll surprise everyone and come our way. I mean, you guys already have a great class, so why not share some of the love?

But you guys almost won the regular season and have that shiney new colliseum!

It's anybody's guess I'd think. Sounds like a great kid and any school will be lucky to have him.

Btw, congrats on your season and good luck in both tournaments. UVA has always been a favorite of mine so it's good to see you guys back.

Quote Originally Posted by vango View Post
    But you guys almost won the regular season and have that shiney new colliseum!

It's anybody's guess I'd think. Sounds like a great kid and any school will be lucky to have him.

Btw, congrats on your season and good luck in both tournaments. UVA has always been a favorite of mine so it's good to see you guys back.
    Thanks! I started grad school at Duke this year, so it's been an interesting time to be a Hoo fan in Durham. It's shaping up to be a heck of a game on Friday night...good luck to you guys as well.

"It's shaping up to be a heck of a game on Friday night...good luck to you guys as well."

Let's don't get ahead of ourselves. Duke has some business to take care of tonight.