Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I like how the polls are not quuiiiiiite trusting Duke yet. Fun stuff!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    I like how the polls are not quuiiiiiite trusting Duke yet. Fun stuff!
    i wouldn't either, given we gave up 94 points on saturday.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by FadedTackyShirt View Post
    Brackets set up extremely well for the PAC this season. UA will play in SLC the first weekend along with Gonzaga. UO & UCLA will play in Sacramento.

Whoever stays in the West wil get Gonzaga in San Jose. The PAC school that gets the number 2 seed in the West will have an easier path than even number 1 seeds elsewhere. F4 in Phoenix is a bus ride for UA and UCLA and UO play in Phoenix almost every season.
    This assumes, of course, that Gonzaga is highly overrated -- worse than the average 2 seed. Which might not be the case.

I tend to think the Zags are somewhat overrated by the computers but probably still a top-5 team.

Of course, we'll find out more as they make their way through the NCAAT.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    i wouldn't either, given we gave up 94 points on saturday.
    Come on youngster! You're too serious and fact driven. Come on over here to Looneytown. Ok, maybe in a couple of weeks...
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Not sure we need a separate seeding speculation thread (at least not yet), so gonna stick a link to Bracket Matrix (updated this morning) here.

It looks like at this point Duke is the highest-rated 3 seed (so #9 overall).

After Baylor's loss, UNC is now the fourth #1 seed. So, the 2 seeds ahead of us are Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Alternatively, Duke wins 'em all, and gets the fourth #1 seed without any controversy.

Actually, there is a school of thought that they will want to keep the top Pac team as a number 2 in the west instead of a #1 in the south.

We'll see..
    Because the Zags are presumed to be the weakest 1 seed and the top dog in the pac12 could be presumed to be the strongest 2 seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    This assumes, of course, that Gonzaga is highly overrated -- worse than the average 2 seed. Which might not be the case.

I tend to think the Zags are somewhat overrated by the computers but probably still a top-5 team.

Of course, we'll find out more as they make their way through the NCAAT.
    Drawing the 'Zags is part of it, but the highly seeded PAC teams will also benefit from familiar/easy travel (SLC, SJ, Phoenix). Sacramento's the other locale where they don't play often. None of the number one seeds will potentially have easy travel, familiar surroundings, and alumni/fan base support all three weekends.

People know the Pac 12 is terrible outside of Oregon, Arizona, and UCLA right? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills to have all of the good ACC teams ranked below all of them. Like, we have just been beating the hell out of each other all year.

Also, Carolina, get a lot of buzz as a 1 seed and "best team in the country." That is complete and utter nonsense.
    Whatever the hell "it" is, Jabari found it.

-Roy "Ole Huck" Williams

Zags are going to face the same issues as Kentucky '15...seriously talented, but seriously untested.

Its hard to tell if they have a B or C game to fall back on if A is taken away from them.

Not sure we need a separate seeding speculation thread (at least not yet), so gonna stick a link to Bracket Matrix (updated this morning) here.

After Baylor's loss, UNC is now the fourth #1 seed. So, the 2 seeds ahead of us are Baylor, Louisville, Oregon, Arizona
    Jiminy Christmas!! That site averages a ton of bracket projections together. I would have thought Lunardi was the only one who did Bracketology with the way he's all I ever see!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    Jiminy Christmas!! That site averages a sh*t-ton of bracket projections together. I would have thought Lunardi was the only one who did Bracketology with the way he's all I ever see!
    Northwestern a #7 and Marquette a #11 seed. I hope our Duke guys make the tournament this season. GoDuke!

Agree! If asked, I would have guessed maybe 10--15 brackets, with only maybe 5 complete. Wow, would I have been wrong. That is more brackets than Carter has pills!
    This message was composed entirely from recycled letters of the alphabet using only renewable, caffeinated energy sources.
    No trees, wabbits, chimps or whales died in the process.

Very interesting... 3 of the first four out are from the ACC (clemson, wake forest and Gtech).

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Because the Zags are presumed to be the weakest 1 seed and the top dog in the pac12 could be presumed to be the strongest 2 seed?
    Not necessarily -- the NCAA Selection Committee has made it clear that geography trumps the true s-curve. They are willing to move teams TWO seed lines to accommodate geography.

I think it very likely that the best Pac 12 team (Oregon, I think) ends up as the No. 2 seed in the West ... unless Gonzaga loses one (as unlikely as that is) and Oregon becomes No. 1 in the West.

PS Count me among those who thinks Gonzaga is GROSSLY overrated. They are unbeaten this year because they (1) played the easiest non-conference schedule they've played in recent times (their neutral court win over an Arizona team missing two starters is their "signature" win) and (2) their West Coast Conference is the weakest they have ever been.

I would LOVE to be No. 2 or No. 3 or even No. 4 in Gonzaga's regional.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    I'd rather be the #1 or #2 in the East or South. I don't want us to have to travel so far and play road games against teams like UCLA or Arizona just to have a chance at a weak Gonzaga #1.

So let's just win out and be a #1 or #2 in the East or South and play closer to home.

Not necessarily -- the NCAA Selection Committee has made it clear that geography trumps the true s-curve. They are willing to move teams TWO seed lines to accommodate geography.

I think it very likely that the best Pac 12 team (Oregon, I think) ends up as the No. 2 seed in the West ... unless Gonzaga loses one (as unlikely as that is) and Oregon becomes No. 1 in the West.

PS Count me among those who thinks Gonzaga is GROSSLY overrated. They are unbeaten this year because they (1) played the easiest non-conference schedule they've played in recent times (their neutral court win over an Arizona team missing two starters is their "signature" win) and (2) their West Coast Conference is the weakest they have ever been.

Don't underestimate the time zone effect. It is very difficult to travel 3 time zones and win with just a couple days adjustment. Would be a huge advantage for gonzaga if they played an east coast team in the sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Don't underestimate the time zone effect. It is very difficult to travel 3 time zones and win with just a couple days adjustment. Would be a huge advantage for gonzaga if they played an east coast team in the sweet 16.
    Yup. If Gonzaga was the #1 seed in the East or South (which they won't be), I'd be all for being in their bracket. But travelling out West is not what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    I'd rather be the #1 or #2 in the East or South. I don't want us to have to travel so far and play road games against teams like UCLA or Arizona just to have a chance at a weak Gonzaga #1.

So let's just win out and be a #1 or #2 in the East or South and play closer to home.
    I'm with you in the let's win out scenario. The last few conference games are going to show just how good this Duke team is
    (at this point in the season). I put the "at this point in the season" in because we have two players that still just might play their way into a few more minutes, Harry & Marques. Then we have Grayson and Amile still not quite at 100%. In prior years, we've had teams that some Duke fans said to have peaked too early. Personally I don't believe teams peak too early. I do think that some teams can or don't reach their ceiling. I look at this team and think it has not reached it's ceiling. Injuries and Coach K's back surgery has played a part in that. I know we're currently on a hot streak and have played our way into contenders for the ACC Regular Season title, but we've only blown one conference team(GT) away. I want to see a winning streak like UConn had in winning their conference tournament and the NCAAT. Like I said, the last few conference games should tell us a lot about our team. GoDuke!

I think it bery likely that the best Pac 12 team (Oregon, I think) ends up as the No. 2 seed in the West ... unless Gonzaga loses one (as unlikely as that is) and Oregon becomes No. 1 in the West.

Don't think the 'Zags will lose before the Dance, but they'd get punished if they did. Likely a two seed and probably moved out of the West. Not losing in the first weekend, but very vulnerable outside of the West.

Tournament Committee would love to have a Gonzaga/Oregon match up. Few's an Oregon grad. Good guy and coach, but can't see him jumping anywhere other than UO or Washington. Chris Petersen has done great things with UW football.

I'd generally agree, aside from the fact that we generally have not done well when in the West regional. Traveling from the east coast to the west coast does weird things to your internal clock. I'd love for them to get tripped up in the WCC tournament (I assume there is one), they fall to a 2 seed in the midwest or south, and we get the 3 seed in the same region. That would be the ideal scenario.