Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I vote much ado about nothing. Here is a video clip worth getting excited about:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...sketball-teams
    Meh. Nunez vs Rousey now that's excitement.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Figures that it was Tava involved in the contact. That guy smacked a couple players in the face during the game.

I hate that I have to say or even think this, but I think there's a small (yet real) possibility that Grayson doesn't make it through the season. His reactions are instinctive, and it's VERY hard to just stop those kinds of reactions. Somebody may just get him to lash out again, and his fate won't be up to K or Duke next time.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Meh. Nunez vs Rousey now that's excitement.
    The basketbrawl lasted longer.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The basketbrawl lasted longer.
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Grayson should be suspended for the next four games...has to be four games or there is no point.
    Dude are you serious? Grayson clearly lost his balance for a moment because he ran into a screen. He wasn't trying to trip anybody. Seth Greenberg explained it pretty well.

This witch hunt click bait crap is so irresponsible and out of control.

IMO, Grayson has to leave Duke after this season for the draft. This level of biased, incessant scrutinizing and accusations is too much for anybody to get through in that many competitive games.

In that game, the only player who got tripped (and dangerously) was Grayson Allen.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Dude are you serious? Grayson clearly lost his balance for a moment because he ran into a screen. He wasn't trying to trip anybody. Seth Greenberg explained it pretty well.
    Look at the schedule then look at the guy's handle.

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Grayson should be suspended for the next four games...has to be four games or there is no point.

IMO, Grayson has to leave Duke after this season for the draft. This level of biased, incessant scrutinizing and accusations is too much for anybody to get through in that many competitive games.

In that game, the only player who got tripped (and dangerously) was Grayson Allen.
    PackMan's proposed 4 game suspension would include, wait for this...

...our game vs NCSU at CIS on 1/23.

Methinks our Wolfpack buddy is funnin' us.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Look at the schedule then look at the guy's handle.
    Ha - got it now! Sorry Packman - you were clearly joking. I'm admittedly sensitive about this, because Grayson is a good kid who absolutely does not deserve this bs every time he runs into a screen. This incessant media scrutiny cannot be good for his psyche, and in this case is grossly unfair IMO.

He deserves a chance to move forward, but it's clear that the media and clicking Duke haters will never let him get that while at Duke.

Can't and won't speak for P-man, but I think he may have been being sarcastic based on all the noise of a couple of weeks ago. At least, that's how I read the post.

I am hoping for a gloating Packman by sundown. But perhaps that thought belongs on a different thread.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I am hoping for a gloating Packman by sundown. But perhaps that thought belongs on a different thread.
    That thought belongs on every thread.

9F

Confucius says, You pick your nose on tv, you must hope your nose never itches in public again.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    Figures that it was Tava involved in the contact. That guy smacked a couple players in the face during the game.

I hate that I have to say or even think this, but I think there's a small (yet real) possibility that Grayson doesn't make it through the season. His reactions are instinctive, and it's VERY hard to just stop those kinds of reactions. Somebody may just get him to lash out again, and his fate won't be up to K or Duke next time.
    Not sure about making it through the season, but I agree that these actions appear to be ingrained behaviors, rather than conscious decisions. I think that makes it even harder for Grayson to control it.

Look at this from Adam Rowe:

https://twitter.com/adamrowetdd?lang=en

Not only does Grayson trip himself (suspension-worthy in and of itself), he then hurls the ball toward the Hodges' region of the BC player AND tries to take his legs out with his chop block!

()

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    Not sure about making it through the season, but I agree that these actions appear to be ingrained behaviors, rather than conscious decisions. I think that makes it even harder for Grayson to control it.
    Thank you for your sage analysis, Dr. Death!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Thank you for your sage analysis, Dr. Death!
    No problem.

My opinions are worth every penny I'm paid for them....

I think it's possible that Grayson, feeling the contact, attempted to draw a foul with sort of a reverse flop if you will but that's it. More likely it was typical of most players trying to fight through a screen--flailing arms and legs are pretty common. Rest assured where benefit of the doubt is normally given, Grayson will receive none.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Rest assured where benefit of the doubt is normally given, Grayson will receive none.
    Such is a consequence of repeated indiscretions.

WaPo, too

Quote Originally Posted by duke4ever19 View Post
    Are you serious? It's was on the front page os ESPN, CBSSPORTS and Sports Illustrated's website.

Seth Greenberg has a segment on it. Andy Katz has talked about it. ESPN's article alone has well over a hundred comments.
    The Washington Post has a ridiculous piece on it, too. I won't link, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Such is a consequence of repeated indiscretions.
    This.