Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

much ado about nothing, or OMG?

Saw this clip on our regional cable news this evening and haven't seen it anywhere else except for this BC site. Thoughts?

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/1...opponent-again

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Saw this clip on our regional cable news this evening and haven't seen it anywhere else except for this BC site. Thoughts?

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2017/1...opponent-again
    Did you watch the clip? There's a reason this isn't all over ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Of course I watched it.

it's incidental contact...there are plenty of times players legs get intertwined and locked up....this isn't tripping...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Are you serious? It's was on the front page os ESPN, CBSSPORTS and Sports Illustrated's website.

Seth Greenberg has a segment on it. Andy Katz has talked about it. ESPN's article alone has well over a hundred comments.

When you get pushed one way you put your leg out the other way to maintain your balance. This is much ado about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    When you get pushed one way you put your leg out the other way to maintain your balance. This is much ado about nothing.
    Makes sense to me, except I don't see him being pushed.

I'll take much ado about nothing for $100, Alex.

He ran into a screen and was knocked off balance. Torso goes toward the ground and back leg comes up to try to maintain balance. No side movement to the leg.

Grayson should be suspended for the next four games...has to be four games or there is no point.

I don't buy the argument. It looks intentional to me, in this clip.

Watched it three times. Maybe he was trying to maintain his balance, but it sure doesn't look good. Hope he's not that stupid. Luckily, the kid didn't fall. If he had, well, you know...

I cannot see any reaction from the BC player at all,so I'm going with this being much closer to MAAN than OMG. It's really not even "much" ado.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    OMG, it's over.

It was much ado about nothing until the clip was posted by bleacher report and the national media asked the question if he tripped another opponent. Not helping is the BC guy took to twitter about the incident. Broadcast never mentioned anything, refs didn't look at the play, and the ACC says it's inconclusive. Appears to me that Grayson will just have to live with this scrutiny until he is no longer in a Duke uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by DukePA View Post
    Makes sense to me, except I don't see him being pushed.
    The BC player set a wide screen - Grayson moved backwards and his toe hit the side of the BC players foot. This caused Grayson to lose his balance. The BC player reflexively retracted his foot after contact. Not a trip.

I don't see it as a trip. To me, it looks like a kick.

Quote Originally Posted by DrChainsaw View Post
    I don't see it as a trip. To me, it looks like a kick.
    Have someone videotape yourself in slow motion as you hit something with your toe with your eyes closed. You will retract your leg and it will look like a backwards kick.

I vote much ado about nothing. Here is a video clip worth getting excited about:

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...sketball-teams
    Bob Green