Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Is there any chance at all of hyperextending something with the way he landed

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Maybe we ran out of walking boots.
    Lol hahahahahah. I mean all we can do is laugh at this point anyway

Quote Originally Posted by DBFAN View Post
    Is there any chance at all of hyperextending something with the way he landed
    Only a knee, and he wasn't grabbing that.

I know it's tough, but it's best to keep speculation to a minimum until we get official word as to what happened.

Nah. Duke is on the frequent-buyer plan. Every 10th boot is free.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I was pretty sure Duke got a bulk discount.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    I think we're only up to nine injuries this season.

Someone warn Jack White to be really careful walking in the snow.

Anyone know the status of Chase? I know that he still has a lot to learn to get to Amile's level of knowledge (on defense in particular), but given how many fouls Harry & Marques racked up today, we'll need our 2nd most experienced big man!

And I still have not read any info about Javin's injury. What's going on there?

(Sigh...)

Unfortunately i don't think we'll hear anything useful. Duke likes to keep its injury info hidden from everyone. No one even knows that exactly marques bolden injury was as the only info we got was "lower leg injury".

Best wishes to Amile and hope he comes back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by construe View Post
    Anyone know the status of Chase? I know that he still has a lot to learn to get to Amile's level of knowledge (on defense in particular), but given how many fouls Harry & Marques racked up today, we'll need our 2nd most experienced big man!

And I still have not read any info about Javin's injury. What's going on there?

(Sigh...)
    I don't know any specifics on Chase or Javin beyond the fact that they dressed out and participated in warmups today. Chase did not do that against GT and Javin hadn't done that for 4 straight games before today.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Doctors/athletic trainers make mistakes too.

I have an M.D. from [Duke], I am board certified in [sports medicine and orthopedic surgery], I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in [North Carolina], and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into [Duke Chapel] and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their [power forward doesn't have a season ending lower leg injury], who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, [Spanarkel], and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on [January 8], and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.

Quote Originally Posted by davekay1971 View Post
    I have an M.D. from [Duke], I am board certified in [sports medicine and orthopedic surgery], I have been awarded citations from seven different medical boards in [North Carolina], and I am never, ever sick at sea. So I ask you; when someone goes into [Duke Chapel] and they fall on their knees and they pray to God that their [power forward doesn't have a season ending lower leg injury], who do you think they're praying to? Now, go ahead and read your Bible, [Spanarkel], and you go to your church, and, with any luck, you might win the annual raffle, but if you're looking for God, he was in operating room number two on [January 8], and he doesn't like to be second guessed. You ask me if I have a God complex. Let me tell you something: I am God.
    Not sure I understand this post.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post

I'm probably crazy, but I think the shoes have to have something to do with it.
    Its very improbable, if not impossible, but so many foot injuries, all wearing Nikes over a sustained period of time have to have some common denominator. It has to defy lots of laws of probability for this to happen so often, to one team over such a long period of time.
    I would start with shoes first and then go to training routines next. Something is out of whack.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Billy stole dakekay's log-in/password/screen name.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Ding ding ding ding ding! Strong work, Troublemaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Ask god how many drinks he had before he cut me open.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Billy stole dakekay's log-in/password/screen name.
    Not so - I'm only aware of one medical board in NC!

Quote Originally Posted by billy View Post
    Not so - I'm only aware of one medical board in NC!
    I am ethically opposed to monopolies.

I am ethically opposed to monopolies.
    That's funny - I'm often ethically opposed to the medical board!