Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Coach K to take leave of absence

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...ue-back-issues

ESPN reporting that Coach K is expected to take a leave of absence for an unspecified amount of time to address back issues.

Coach K health

Not trying to start rumors but seeing on a lot of other sites that there will be an announcement today that Coach K will be stepping away due to health reasons. I have seen this on 3 different places now. Anyone have any info? Thanks

On ESPN now

Just saw this on my phone . . .

I just hope he's okay, and the surgery goes well. One's back is nothing to mess around with. Get well soon . . . we need you, coach!!

The official release says Coach K will be undergoing surgery this Friday to remove part of a herniated disc.

Get well soon, Coach!

It is over.

Can't wait to hear all of the conspiracy theories from the Duke haters this time. Sheesh.

Get well soon Coach! Can't mess around with back issues. Glad he is addressing this now and not just trying to tough it out like he did after '94. I feel he is leaving things in capable hands with Capel. Wow, just being able to salvage anything for this season is going to be quite an accomplishment.

A nice cherry on top to the most bizarre season a team could possibly have. Something like 6 injuries, preseason POY suspended, and The GOAT takes a leave. Sounds about right.

Well crapola. The injuries continue. Hope this turns out better than 1995 did. When will the haters say he should/shouldn't count any future victories on his record?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Odd coincidence that the game K missed last season was also against GT. Capel will have a nice audition to see how he handles leading the team for an extended period.

What is it about K's back problems and Georgia Tech? Didn't Mrs. K give him an ultimatum about his health before the Tech game back in '95?

back pain is nothing to "try to tough out"...it makes your entire life miserable....

go get it fixed...you've got a great staff...we'll hold down the fort while you're gone...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Wow, what a weird season.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    The official release says Coach K will be undergoing surgery this Friday to remove part of a herniated disc.

Get well soon, Coach!
    "Up to 4 weeks" recovery time, says the press release.

I'm confident that Coach Capel can hold down the fort for a month, assisted by Coaches James and Scheyer.

Will the last one out please turn off the lights?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Nasty tweet here

Fran Fraschilla ‏@franfraschilla 5m5 minutes ago
    Hoping that Jeff Capel gets credited for all of the wins. That precedent has been set.

Get well soon Coach K.

I'm excited to see how Capel uses/develops the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Nasty tweet here
    Yeah, WTF? I'd never pegged Fraschilla as a secret Duke hater, but that is pretty petty and largely irrelevant.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Now we know why he hasn't been off the bench screaming while the players have been screwing up. He couldn't because of his back.

Get well soon Coach K. We need your FIRE!

rick

Strange Season

What a strange season indeed...So many surgeries & given his age I hate to think this might be it after this year..assuming he can make it back..And all things basketball is very secondary to his health.

I want Coach K to enjoy the rest of his life & of course I would love maybe five more great years as HC but if not..Thank you. For some long time Duke fans like me we use to wonder if Duke would ever win one NC much less five.

As for fans of other schools that would use this as an opportunity to make fun of health issues that anyone may have like they have about 95 forever.. God help you. I have never made fun of Roy's vertigo or other health issues..If I believed in karma I would say that is bad karma.

In the meantime let's try to see some silver lining...Capel gets to audition for the head chair. I think he will do well..