Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Can't believe the BC Wake spread was 15. Preposterous. Inconceivable.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Smuch as I loath to say it, I'm going with the Cheats tonight. I hope Clemson will do them in, so I figure if I wager on the BabyBlues, I will lose the bet and the tigers will carry it home.
    I did the same thing. My first bet in this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish80 View Post
    Can't believe the BC Wake spread was 15. Preposterous. Inconceivable.
    I did not touch that one with a 10-foot pole. I agree the line is insane, but I cannot decide which way it is crazy. BC is wretched, but Wake is absolutely capable of laying an egg and not covering 15 points.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Went 4-4 tonight for +900. Puts me at 10-0-1 on the season for a total of +1700.

Maybe I should have done more sports betting when I was in Vegas lol

Quote Originally Posted by jhmoss1812 View Post
    Went 4-4 tonight for +900. Puts me at 10-0-1 on the season for a total of +1700.

Maybe I should have done more sports betting when I was in Vegas lol
    Was just about to comment on this. Great night and great picking so far! I believe that puts you in the lead now, too.

Amazing. Meaningless BS three pointer at end of cheater game and it's a push. If the cheats had just dribbled the ball out I would've won the bet. Which is why I never bet on basketball for real.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Was just about to comment on this. Great night and great picking so far! I believe that puts you in the lead now, too.
    Thanks! I can promise you that it's fools good. But I'm really loving the format of this pool.

Thanks! I can promise you that it's fools good. But I'm really loving the format of this pool.
    Me, too. It's a big improvement on the Yahoo pools that my office uses for football season. In Yahoo, you can't lock in a point spread so if you take the Patriots -7 and they end up being -10 and win by 9, you lose even though you took them at 7.

Obviously, with the UNC/Clemson game tonight being a prime example, little differences in the point spread can matter. (Sorry, Dr. Rosenrosen. That's a bad beat!).

Nothing, and I mean nothing, like an OT loss to muck up your first bet in a tourney. Or more specifically, a missed front end with 5 ticks left.

Man I hate betting.

- Chillin

Bump.

Two ACC games tonight, and during the 2nd half of those two games, the lines will be released for tomorrow's batch of 5 ACC games.

Exciting stuff! (Well, if you're a degenerate.)
    Whoops, wrong about this. The lines should be up soon but I wish Covers had them up NOW so the folks who just got a bad beat on Clemson +2.5 or UNC -4 can go on tilt make it up by betting tomorrow's games immediately.

Whoops, wrong about this. The lines should be up soon but I wish Covers had them up NOW so the folks who just got a bad beat on Clemson +2.5 or UNC -4 can go on tilt make it up by betting tomorrow's games immediately.
    Thanks. Thanks for that.

- Chillin

Seems very weird that no O/U's are posted for today's games.

Seems very weird that no O/U's are posted for today's games.
    Agreed. Vegas Insider has O/U's for all the games so not sure why covers.com is lacking them.

Riding my 4-0-0 streak to start the contest, I've got 3 bets tonight. I was surprised to see Duke at -19, so I'll take GT getting those points as I don't think we've shown an ability to cover that spread; I'll be happily surprised if we do. Also have Notre Dame getting 2 at home against Louisville - that line surprises me as well given the way Louisville lost at home over the weekend. And I think Miami will continue Syracuse's woes, getting them as 1 point favorites.

Now that I've posted about my picks, they're certain to lose. It's like the Schrodinger's Cat of gambling.

Quote Originally Posted by Hingeknocker View Post
    Agreed. Vegas Insider has O/U's for all the games so not sure why covers.com is lacking them.

Riding my 4-0-0 streak to start the contest, I've got 3 bets tonight. I was surprised to see Duke at -19, so I'll take GT getting those points as I don't think we've shown an ability to cover that spread; I'll be happily surprised if we do. Also have Notre Dame getting 2 at home against Louisville - that line surprises me as well given the way Louisville lost at home over the weekend. And I think Miami will continue Syracuse's woes, getting them as 1 point favorites.

Now that I've posted about my picks, they're certain to lose. It's like the Schrodinger's Cat of gambling.
    Well I have the same picks (albeit slightly different spreads) as you so hopefully you're on point. I also took UVA -6.5 and NCSU pickem.

I've emailed Covers asking for the O/U lines to be put up. Agree it's weird -- usually all the lines are up by now.

I've emailed Covers asking for the O/U lines to be put up. Agree it's weird -- usually all the lines are up by now.
    I need the O/U!! I am 4-3 picking against the spread but 6-2 on the O/U. The over/under bets are my bread and butter!

As an aside, I'm amazed at how well some of us are doing. We should go to Vegas!!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I need the O/U!! I am 4-3 picking against the spread but 6-2 on the O/U. The over/under bets are my bread and butter!

As an aside, I'm amazed at how well some of us are doing. We should go to Vegas!!
    O/U lines are up!

O/U lines are up!
    And one of them is a mortal lock... wow. Wish I could wager more than $500 on the one I lovelovelovelove!

And one of them is a mortal lock... wow. Wish I could wager more than $500 on the one I lovelovelovelove!
    Jason - you know we can see your picks right?

- Chillin

Not all of us should go to Vegas. For the time being, I'm very happy to be playing with Monopoly money.
    Bob Green