Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Is there some way to pick games in advance? Like, I am ready to lay down some coin (units) for Saturday's games, but all that I see on the Make Picks page are Thursday's games. While I know it is an advantage (mostly) to wait until game time to make your picks, in case someone gets sick or breaks a leg or something, does this mean that I have to make all my Saturday wagers on Saturday morning before the Duke game at noon? I'd rather go ahead and submit this evening at some point for the Saturday afternoon games.
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Vegas does not typically publish lines on college basketball games until the day of the game, sometimes the night before.
    Night before is usually a good time to check for lines. For example, right now you can see the lines for tomorrow's (Friday's) games.

This is typical for the daily or near-daily sports (baseball, basketball, hockey). It's really only football that you can bet several days in advance.

I might be degenerate 19. Can't make any picks for Friday, no ACC games. But that leaves me at break even going into Saturday.

I appreciate that even as a latecomer, being at 0 without having placed any wagers still leaves me ahead of five of you degenerates.

It also makes me wonder if there should be a penalty for not making any wagers to prevent timid folks like myself from staying in the middle of the pack by avoiding any risk.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjswift View Post
    I appreciate that even as a latecomer, being at 0 without having placed any wagers still leaves me ahead of five of you degenerates.

It also makes me wonder if there should be a penalty for not making any wagers to prevent timid folks like myself from staying in the middle of the pack by avoiding any risk.
    If you wish to finish in the middle of the pack by making no wagers, that is up to you. Nothing wrong with it, but I doubt anyone will be bragging about finishing 12th out of 24 players.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Congrats on getting square with the penalty on your first attempt (and also for being a good sport)! That's pretty impressive. I thought there was a chance you could be chasing it for awhile, and a part of me would've been very entertained by the subplot.

For everyone else, let's stick to ACC vs ACC games. You (usually) can't successfully decide to just start losing bets any more than you can decide to start winning them. Props, DukeTrinity11.
    He successfully picked Butler not to cover (they lost to St John despite being an 8.5 favorite) and OleMiss to lose by more than 10 to Kentucky (they lost by 23). I actually feel awful for DukeTrinity11 as it is just as impressive to quickly lose 770 as it is to win 700! This took real skill. Despite being far back in the pack due to this penalty, I'm ready to say that DukeTrinity11 is one of the favorites to win this contest based on some impressive picking skill shown thus far.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

He successfully picked Butler not to cover (they lost to St John despite being an 8.5 favorite) and OleMiss to lose by more than 10 to Kentucky (they lost by 23). I actually feel awful for DukeTrinity11 as it is just as impressive to quickly lose 770 as it is to win 700! This took real skill. Despite being far back in the pack due to this penalty, I'm ready to say that DukeTrinity11 is one of the favorites to win this contest based on some impressive picking skill shown thus far.
    My antennae were raised when he/she coolly accepted your draconian penalty, Evans :-). Only somebody not lacking for confidence (or perhaps very degenerate) would've done so; I thought we were just going to lose a player from the contest at first.

22 DBR degenerates now playing. Can we hit 30 by tomorrow's tip off?

Sound off as you sign in to keep thread alive?

If you wish to finish in the middle of the pack by making no wagers, that is up to you. Nothing wrong with it, but I doubt anyone will be bragging about finishing 12th out of 24 players.
    Sadly, I'd be pleased with that. I'm the Clemson of the pool. .500 is a successful season.

😎

All I see are games for Friday, December 30, and there doesn't seem to be a menu option for later dates. Surely, I don't have to place bets only on the day of the game.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    All I see are games for Friday, December 30, and there doesn't seem to be a menu option for later dates. Surely, I don't have to place bets only on the day of the game.
    I will direct your attention to posts 33, 34, and, 41, my fellow degenerate.

Quote Originally Posted by NYBri View Post
    Sadly, I'd be pleased with that. I'm the Clemson of the pool. .500 is a successful season.

😎
    With my historic performance in almost anything wager related, .500 sounds great!

But I'll be making an effort to do better than the middle. I just will make sure I take a screenshot of the last time I was better than negative.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    I will direct your attention to posts 33, 34, and, 41, my fellow degenerate.
    The spreads for Saturday's games are up now.

Only degenerates...
    Hello.

Gone with Duke and mainly home teams...UVA, Wake and Miami. 18 is too rich to give in the Cheats game.

Man, a lot of you guys are taking Duke today. I was actually going to do some sort of "emotional hedge" / reverse-jinx by taking VaTech, but I don't even have to do that now because I'll gain on many in the contest if Duke falls short today. Of course, I'll be rooting for all of you to gain on me.

Boy, I suck as much as the team did today. Lost Duke, Wake and UVA.

Great Saturday for you, Jason. Now you're at the top of the heap.

Saturdays will be important days in this contest. You can really move up and down the leaderboard on Saturdays.

I like how Fish80 is only throwing out max bets ($500) right now. If he has some success, he may force the rest of us to get antsy and start max betting to keep up.

Bump.

Two ACC games tonight, and during the 2nd half of those two games, the lines will be released for tomorrow's batch of 5 ACC games.

Exciting stuff! (Well, if you're a degenerate.)

Bump.

Two ACC games tonight, and during the 2nd half of those two games, the lines will be released for tomorrow's batch of 5 ACC games.

Exciting stuff! (Well, if you're a degenerate.)
    This degenerate has finally locked one in. Final answer.

- Chillin

Smuch as I loath to say it, I'm going with the Cheats tonight. I hope Clemson will do them in, so I figure if I wager on the BabyBlues, I will lose the bet and the tigers will carry it home.