Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Grayson Allen dunk, top 10?

I have list for top ten dunks for Duke and Grayson's dunk in the first half was pretty damn good. Given his toe issues thus far, that was a pretty damn good dunk.
    ~rthomas

Quote Originally Posted by rthomas View Post
    I have list for top ten dunks for Duke and Grayson's dunk in the first half was pretty damn good. Given his toe issues thus far, that was a pretty damn good dunk.
    For me, one of the top ten will always be JJ's first at Duke. See around 6:30 into this video.

Not spectacular, but after years of watching Redick, so satisfying.

I can't stop watching it. Everybody is getting in on the dunk party! Grayson's dunk from the left side was pretty nifty as well.

Now THAT dunk by Grayson was a genuine candidate for Top 10.

I thought Luke's earlier dunk was notable because I wasn't sure he could.

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Really?? Luke is 6'6 and has dunked many times since playing at Duke. Many times.

Jackson

Jackson's dunk on an offensive rebound was also pretty darned nice, as was DeLaurier's. This team is big and, well, athletic.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Really?? Luke is 6'6 and has dunked many times since playing at Duke. Many times.
    Indeed he has, including a few power right handed dunks on the break similar to the Matt Jones left handed dunk earlier this season. That dunk was my favorite of the year until Grayson's today. (Although, Amile threw down a nasty right hand power dunk in traffic in the open practice that was awesome as well.)

Today we were treated to 3 great dunks from Grayson... the power right hander down the middle of the lane, the awesome two hand put back dunk off the Jones missed 3, and then the lefty dunk down the lane, along with the Frank Jackson put back dunk, and the Kennard two hander/hang on the rim dunk. I was glad the ref's didn't spoil the fun by T'ing up Grayson and Luke. I've seen less hang time T'd up in previous seasons. I personally hate the rule to be honest. Let the kids have a little fun there. It's harmless.

It was the Sportscenter #1 play tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    It was the Sportscenter #1 play tonight.
    Along with the unsolicited assertion that Duke has "two villains" now, Allen and Kennard.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    Along with the unsolicited assertion that Duke has "two villains" now, Allen and Kennard.
    I haven't smiled so widely in weeks! It was great to hear that.

(In fairness to ESPN, they weren't malicious about it. It was along the lines of, "Well, we're already going to play into a trope, so...")

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    It's possible there are some out there who can't, but I'd be surprised if there are any D1 basketball players who can't dunk(walkons included). If you are over 5'10" with remotely decent hops, you should be able to. Being able to dunk and being brave enough to attempt it in a game if you have pedestrian hops are two different things though.

Grayson also had a nice left handed jam, and Frank's put back jam was awesome as well.

Who says white guys can't jump?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Jackson's dunk on an offensive rebound was also pretty darned nice, as was DeLaurier's. This team is big and, well, athletic.
    YEP!!
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    Grayson also had a nice left handed jam, and Frank's put back jam was awesome as well.
    YEP!!
    Love, Ima

This was the first game in a while where Grayson looked like... well, like Grayson. It was good to see that the unathletic Grayson could still be a solid basketball player, but the athletic Grayson is scary, in a good way.

Great dunk, to be sure, but for some reason I found Frank's put-back dunk to be more satisfying. Can't explain why, as both were great.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Alarmingly athletic?

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzle View Post
    Alarmingly athletic?
    Now to Douggie G for his expertise on alarming un-athleticism!
    April 1