Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Amile Jefferson 15 x 15

Amile Jefferson has been having an amazing year so far and has been so much fun to watch. I started working on this after the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament last month. In that weekend, Amile had back-to-back games with at least 15 points and 15 rebounds, 16P and 15R vs Penn State and 17P and 15R vs Rhode Island. And now he has done it again with his monster game vs Florida with 24P and 15R. He also had one last year against Kentucky. I got to wondering how often does a Duke player record a 15 x 15 game?

Going back to the start of the 1980 season, Coach K's first year, there have been 45 games in which a Duke player has scored at least 15 points and grabbed at least 15 rebounds. It happens on average 1.25 times per season or on average about once every 28 games. There have been 20 different Duke players to accomplish a 15 x 15 in the last 36 years:

1X - Marshall Plumlee, Brian Zoubeck, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, Mike Dunleavy, Chris Burgess, Greg Newton, Cherokee Parks, Mark Alarie and Kenny Dennard
    2X - Jabari Parker, Kyle Singler, Danny Ferry,
    3X - Jahlil Okafor, Mason Plumlee, Carlos Boozer
    4X - Amile Jefferson, Elton Brand, Christian Laettner
    10X - Sheldon Williams

The fact that Amile has accomplished this feat in 3 of the last 7 games with two of those games against top 25 teams is impressive.

If Amile passes the landlord this season its either very good (title) or very bad (Giles/Bolden never get healthy/break into the rotation).

How many posts before someone points out it is Shelden? Uh, never mind...
    Bob Green

wow - amile is keeping some pretty good company on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by BullBlue View Post
    Amile Jefferson has been having an amazing year so far and has been so much fun to watch. I started working on this after the Hall of Fame Tip Off Tournament last month. In that weekend, Amile had back-to-back games with at least 15 points and 15 rebounds, 16P and 15R vs Penn State and 17P and 15R vs Rhode Island. And now he has done it again with his monster game vs Florida with 24P and 15R. He also had one last year against Kentucky. I got to wondering how often does a Duke player record a 15 x 15 game?

Going back to the start of the 1980 season, Coach K's first year, there have been 45 games in which a Duke player has scored at least 15 points and grabbed at least 15 rebounds. It happens on average 1.25 times per season or on average about once every 28 games. There have been 20 different Duke players to accomplish a 15 x 15 in the last 36 years:

1X - Marshall Plumlee, Brian Zoubeck, Josh McRoberts, Luol Deng, Mike Dunleavy, Chris Burgess, Greg Newton, Cherokee Parks, Mark Alarie and Kenny Dennard
    10X - Sheldon Williams

The fact that Amile has accomplished this feat in 3 of the last 7 games with two of those games against top 25 teams is impressive.
    Damn - Jahlil had three of those games in one freshman season? Why can't he replicate those rebounding numbers in the NBA?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm pretty sure I've made the mistake before, but it's been bad lately. Even one of the home page articles got it wrong a few days back.

Or Zoubek?

10X - Sheldon Williams

Great info, thanks for assembling!

I would bet tomorrow will be Amile's last shot at 15/15 for the season. Too much help on the way on the boards with Bolden and Giles, both with reputations as rebounding beasts. So proud of the season Amile is having though - even with the guys coming back, I think he's playing his way to an All-ACC season and a second round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I would bet tomorrow will be Amile's last shot at 15/15 for the season. Too much help on the way on the boards with Bolden and Giles, both with reputations as rebounding beasts. So proud of the season Amile is having though - even with the guys coming back, I think he's playing his way to an All-ACC season and a second round draft pick.
    on the flip side, more often he'll get to rebound against shorter folks when giles and bolden are in...does it even out? we'll see.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyBrickey View Post
    I think you will be surprised at Amile's remainder of this season. He will average a Double Double and will see 15/15 several more times. Experience counts.

Take a deep breath, select an appropriate beer, settle down in a nice comfortable chair, and then just wait patiently for the next time it happens. (Bet it won't be a long wait.)

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Take a deep breath, select an appropriate beer, settle down in a nice comfortable chair, and then just wait patiently for the next time it happens. (Bet it won't be a long wait.)

ricks
    Is this the new drinking game?

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Or Zoubek?
    Well dang. My apologies to both Mr. Shelden Williams and Mr. Brian Zoubek for mangling their names. I even had them written down correctly in my notes. May I offer my congradulations to Mr. Williams for being Duke's all time leading rebounder, and to Mr. Zoubek for his outstanding rebounding during Duke's 2010 championship run as a form of reparation.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Is this the new drinking game?
    put me in, coach.
    1200. DDMF.

Well dang. My apologies to both Mr. Shelden Williams and Mr. Brian Zoubek for mangling their names. I even had them written down correctly in my notes. May I offer my congradulations to Mr. Williams for being Duke's all time leading rebounder, and to Mr. Zoubek for his outstanding rebounding during Duke's 2010 championship run as a form of reparation.
    I think the gauntlet has been thrown. We all need to up our games when it comes to posting.

I'll admit, I've never referred to notes before, during, or after posting. I fear that perhaps all my posts have been found lacking (as well as deserving of vacations from time to time).

edit: I know there was something else I wanted to add to this post, but I just can't remember what it was.
    Last edited by BandAlum83; 12-12-2016 at 05:40 PM. Reason: If only I'd jotted down some notes first!

Quote Originally Posted by BandAlum83 View Post
    I think the gauntlet has been thrown. We all need to up our games when it comes to posting.

I'll admit, I've never referred to notes before, during, or after posting. I fear that perhaps all my posts have been found lacking (as well as deserving of vacations from time to time).

edit: I know there was something else I wanted to add to this post, but I just can't remember what it was.
    You can use notes?

Geez, now you'll never get me to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    You can use notes?

Geez, now you'll never get me to shut up.
    Bonk doesn't allow Notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    OMG! Bonkistry? Sporks to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Funny you should say that, because from what I know Bonk did allow notes to be used during tests (while I was there). I never took his late-career offering, Chem 83, but I'm confident there are other posters on the board who took that class in his last years of teaching and could provide their insight.