I, EarlJam, am filled with love for all of mankind today.
To me, EarlJam, all you need is love. I say again, all you need is love. All you need is love, love. In conclusion, love is all you need.
So, this lovely Thursday afternoon, let's all just focus on the things we love. Just a few things I love and appreciate are:
-Good beer (and the buzz that comes with it)
-Cool women (not "cold" women, rather, "cool" women)
-Baseball (can't wait to see the playoffs tonight)
-Hurley - the basketball player and the reptile/pet
There are many more things that I, EarlJam, love. But those are just a few off the top of my head.
Since you love friends, good weather, and beer, does that mean you're coming to enjoy all three at Sweetwater today?
I think I just walked into a Coors Light commercial
You must spread some comments around before flaming the Moderators again.
I love SweetWater Brew.
Alas, I love my daughter more than the brew. She has lacrosse today, so no brew for me...
plus I have to put together a talk for a conference.
On the other hand, I will return from St. Louis with New Belgium ... after which, once I get home, I'll go to the store, and pick up some Tony Packo's fixings.
Cheers (and beers),
Also, it just occurred to me that Sweetwater would be a perfect prelude to 8:00/9:00 Wednesday/Thursday night Duke game viewings come basketball season.
Yes there's beer post-noon on Sunday in MO, a least in StL and U City.
Not only that, but there's hard liquor in the freaking grocery store.
A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
Some questions cannot be answered
Who’s gonna bury who
We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
---Over the Rhine
Without giving it thought, just writing down, I came up with the following:
1) Experiencing the birth of my daughter
2) Trout/Salmon (that I've caught) on the grill
3) Reading a wonderful novel that I can't put down
4) A great blizzard or hurricane
5) Body surfing in the Atlantic off the Outer Banks
6) Watching my daughter graduate from Duke ('01) and USC Law ('04)
7) Having Duke, NY Giants, NY Mets win it all
8) A crackling fire -- either at my campsite, or in the fireplace on a snowy day
9) Thanksgiving dinner
So many more....
1. Those generous hugs from my big ol' football-playing, lacrosse-playing grandsons.
2. Getting an idea in my head for a painting that just begs to be painted.
3. Painting it.
4. Time spent with the ol' professor when his mind is not on his next program (which is hardly ever).
5. The great jazz stream on KPLU.
And I sure would be grateful for some RAIN!
buddy, old pal, you forgot to include in your list 'kiteboarding'.
love it dude, love it. write it, write it!
then you, too, will be hooked.