Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Women's Basketball On TV 2016-17 Edition

As usual, I will post how you can watch games on TV or online approximately 12-24 hours before said games.

The opener at Liberty at 6pm ET on Friday can be seen online on ESPN3 or on TV via ESPN College Extra (DirecTV 788 or Verizon FIOS 821).

Penn visits Cameron at 2pm ET on Sunday and the game can be seen on ACC Network Extra.

Double header on ESPN2 and so0me of the best match ups of the season tonight. http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...all/scoreboard

Get a Tuesday of basketball started when Longwood visits Cameron at 7pm ET. The game can be seen on ACC Network Extra.

Grand Canyon visits Cameron again, this time at 7pm ET on Thursday. The game will be shown on ACC Network Extra.

The team visits Vanderbilt at 3pm ET on Sunday and can be seen on SEC Network+ which is part of the WatchESPN set of services. You may need to subscribe to SEC Network as part of your television package in order to have access.

Old Dominion visits Cameron at 7pm ET on Tuesday and can be seen on ACC Network Extra.

The Big West finally put up the direct link for Friday's game at Long Beach State at 10pm ET. It should also be available for replay:

Duke visits Pepperdine at 3pm ET on Sunday and the West Coast Conference will broadcast the game here:
    http://www.wccsports.com/game-center...014f38519c7a1/

Duke hosts South Carolina at 2pm ET on Sunday. The game can be seen on ACC Network Extra if you cannot make it to Cameron.

Two McCallies enter, but only one can leave with a win when Duke hosts Elon at 7pm ET on Thursday. The game can be seen on ACC Network Extra.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Two McCallies enter, but only one can leave with a win when Duke hosts Elon at 7pm ET on Thursday. The game can be seen on ACC Network Extra.
    We have a mutual opponent in Rutgers. Elon beat them 66-54 at home. They've also played Wake and UNC, only losing by 5 to the Heels in Carmichael.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    We have a mutual opponent in Rutgers. Elon beat them 66-54 at home. They've also played Wake and UNC, only losing by 5 to the Heels in Carmichael.
    I was at the Elon-Rutgers game. Being better than Rutgers is, as a friend says, the Taller than Mickey Rooney award. They had some decent ball movement, and OK on D, but this shouldn't be close. Elon losing to the cheating Smurfs by 5 says more about how bad it is (other than sartorially) ten miles away.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I was at the Elon-Rutgers game. Being better than Rutgers is, as a friend says, the Taller than Mickey Rooney award. They had some decent ball movement, and OK on D, but this shouldn't be close. Elon losing to the cheating Smurfs by 5 says more about how bad it is (other than sartorially) ten miles away.
    The women won by only seven, 68-61. It looks like from the box score that Elon made a run in the 4th quarter to get close.
    Tied the game in rebounds and turnovers. (39, 17)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The women won by only seven, 68-61. It looks like from the box score that Elon made a run in the 4th quarter to get close.
    Tied the game in rebounds and turnovers. (39, 17)
    Duke led by 16 with 2:30 left, when Lexie and Rebecca went out of the game. The bench lost the rest of the game 11-2.

That said, it was a lethargic showing for the most part. Elon was aggressive inside, on D a lot of hands knocking the ball away on drives. Turnovers were again a problem, fortunately Elon missed a lot of shots.

We had foul trouble inside, Erin picked up two quickly, a third before the half, and a fourth early in the third quarter. Oderah and Kendall were off their game as well. Lynee tries, but she just isn't back fully from her injuries.

Overall, I'm glad we didn't play a tougher team. I was a little tough on Elon, they're a decent CAA team, but really shouldn't be competitive with Duke. Next home game is against Villanova, and the defense better be ready to defend the three. That, unfortunately, is a perennial issue with Duke's D. (Villanova doesn't have the talent it's had in the past, with the graduation of the Coyer twins depleting their guards. They have seven freshmen on the squad, and they've struggled, losing to GW, Troy and VCU (beating Purdue) and are on a three game winning streak.

Time to fire up the multi-screen setup as Duke hosts Villanova at 7pm ET on Wednesday and can be seen on ACC Network Extra.

Duke hosts Kentucky at 7pm ET on Thursday and can be seen on ACC Network Extra. Hopefully they get some good jersey retirement coverage in there too.

This is also a good time to point out that ESPN has officially announced a DirecTV rollout that they have been testing recently. DirecTV customers in some select states with receivers that have the TV Apps feature and internet connectivity can now access WatchESPN with the receiver and have it broadcast on their television without the need for a computer hookup or a third party box. This is supposed to eventually be expanded to the rest of the country in the coming months.

Duke hosts Louisville at 7pm ET on Monday and can be seen on ESPNU.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Duke hosts Louisville at 7pm ET on Monday and can be seen on ESPNU.
    Hoping fans show up and pack Cameron nicely. Louisville is ranked 8th and would be a sweet win. We have a few mutual opponents so far. They beat UK by 2, Vandy by 12, and lost to South Carolina by a lot.

If we win, I think there is a better than good chance we will be in the top 10 again.

Duke visits FSU at 3pm ET on Sunday and can be seen on ACC Network Extra. Which side of ACC basketball is tougher this year is still an open question as there will be plenty of good games.