Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

FB: Duke 35, Ga Tech 38

Front page article today, 10/22, previews the GT game. Uh, today is the bye week and we play them next​ Saturday, 10/29, not today! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

This statement is incorrect as well:

As an aside: this week’s helmets commemorate the 1942 Rose Bowl team.
    The commemorative helmets and Rose Bowl patches will be worn during the November 5 home game against Virginia Tech.
    Bob Green

atlanta tailgate?

Just got my tickets. Is there any Atlanta Duke tailgate planned?

Page 2?

Waiting to hear injury report from Jim Sumner later today.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Page 2?

Waiting to hear injury report from Jim Sumner later today.
    Will I do?

Duke Football Injury Report
    Duke vs. Georgia Tech
    October 27, 2016

OUT
    WR Anthony Nash (clavicle)
    P Austin Parker (clavicle)

OUT FOR SEASON
    LB Tinashe Bere (leg)
    S DeVon Edwards (leg)
    S Javon Jackson (foot)
    DT Zach Morris (leg)
    QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

Pretty good news -- nothing we didn't know. Duncan, Fields, Davis, et all -- banged up to some recent in recent weeks not on the list at all.

Although we have started the rough second half schedule, this is a winnable game for us. We have done well recently against option offenses. If we can force Ga. Tech into 3rd and long, or even 3rd and medium distance, we should be okay. We have to convert drives into touchdowns though. I like how our offense has played, but we need to finish drives. It goes without saying that if we can't get in the endzone, we need to make field goals. We are about to play our 8th game, and our field goal kicker still can't make one much beyond an extra point. I believe he's talented, and I bet he will be fine. I'm not trying to kill the kid. But as a football team, you have to make field goals of less than 40 yards routinely. Our inability to make kicks is impacting our play calling in that part of the field (e.g., going for it when we might otherwise settle for 3). I keep waiting for Reed to make the kick that gives him his confidence. We hoped it would come after the ND game winner. I hope it comes this week. We need Reed to be a weapon. I keep routing for him.

In any case, let's be disciplined on defense and tackle. When playing an option offense, they try to isolate defenders, so any missed tackle or assignment results in big gains. I have faith in the defense to play well. I hope the offense scores points. A win keeps us at .500. A loss could create a spiral effect. Let's get this one. Go Duke.

P.S.

Any thought whether after the bye week if Fuller or Bracey could see some action, especially with Nash out? I expect not but am just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    Will I do?

Duke Football Injury Report
    Duke vs. Georgia Tech
    October 27, 2016

OUT
    WR Anthony Nash (clavicle)
    P Austin Parker (clavicle)

OUT FOR SEASON
    LB Tinashe Bere (leg)
    S DeVon Edwards (leg)
    S Javon Jackson (foot)
    DT Zach Morris (leg)
    QB Thomas Sirk (leg)

Pretty good news -- nothing we didn't know. Duncan, Fields, Davis, et all -- banged up to some recent in recent weeks not on the list at all.
    Sumner is 1A and you're A1. And I'm not talking highway numbers/letters and/or steak sauces, either . How's that?

I'm guessing Parker and Nash are done for the year, too.

Not too bad but still bad considering who we've lost for the year.

Thank you!
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    Although we have started the rough second half schedule, this is a winnable game for us. We have done well recently against option offenses. If we can force Ga. Tech into 3rd and long, or even 3rd and medium distance, we should be okay. We have to convert drives into touchdowns though. I like how our offense has played, but we need to finish drives. It goes without saying that if we can't get in the endzone, we need to make field goals. We are about to play our 8th game, and our field goal kicker still can't make one much beyond an extra point. I believe he's talented, and I bet he will be fine. I'm not trying to kill the kid. But as a football team, you have to make field goals of less than 40 yards routinely. Our inability to make kicks is impacting our play calling in that part of the field (e.g., going for it when we might otherwise settle for 3). I keep waiting for Reed to make the kick that gives him his confidence. We hoped it would come after the ND game winner. I hope it comes this week. We need Reed to be a weapon. I keep routing for him.

In any case, let's be disciplined on defense and tackle. When playing an option offense, they try to isolate defenders, so any missed tackle or assignment results in big gains. I have faith in the defense to play well. I hope the offense scores points. A win keeps us at .500. A loss could create a spiral effect. Let's get this one. Go Duke.

P.S.

Any thought whether after the bye week if Fuller or Bracey could see some action, especially with Nash out? I expect not but am just curious.
    Having already played seven games, I think it's highly unlikely we'll see Bracey...that's been a real disappointment this year (not seeing him).
    I do hope to see some Fuller, more Young...would be nice if either Taylor or Lee could step things up a notch or two...

Here is the TV info again:
    http://www.theacc.com/news/acc-footb...ech-10-29-2016

Blackout map:

Options based on the shading of your location on the map:

Black:
    -On TV on one of the stations in the list above
    -Online through services provided by station from list above

Green:
    -On TV on one of the stations in the list above
    -Theoretically on TV through ESPN College Extra (no channel assignments have been announced)
    -Online through services provided by station from list above
    -Online through WatchESPN/ACC Network Extra

Gameday.

We've played GT every year since 1933.

GovDevils!

Keys to the Game:

* Defense

- stop the fullback dive
    - stretch plays to the sideline
    - don't forget GT can throw the ball

* Offense

- achieve success running the ball (a healthy Jela Duncan will help)
    - Yards after Catch from the receivers

* Special Teams

- positive or neutral turnover margin

This is a big game! We need to beat Georgia Tech to even our record at 4-4 in the quest for six wins and bowl eligibility.
    Bob Green

Really a must win for a successful season. Hit their QB clean, hard, early and often.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

We're breaking out the Raid Wasp and Yellow Jacket spray today...active ingredients being JGH and BHumphenothrin (and yes, I did actually lookup the ingredients). Yep, I think that'll do the job nicely. Let's go Duke!!

DBR Chat is open!

If it gets a bit slow, refresh the page. If you're on a mobile device, you'll need to select "Blue" at the bottom.

As always - please follow the DBR Posting Guidelines.

Let's Go Duke!

-jk

Here in the Rocky Mountains, the game is blacked out on every channel -- and there is no special broadcast on DirecTV 795 or such. Any suggestions?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here in the Rocky Mountains, the game is blacked out on every channel -- and there is no special broadcast on DirecTV 795 or such. Any suggestions?
    14-0 GT. Consider yourself lucky.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Ditto, I don't know what arrangements Fox has, but I can only guess they don't want anything messing with their local broadcast of Kansas State and Iowa State. I was getting a play-by-play over the phone from my back-east buddy, and as chrishoke says ... we're not missing anything.

Should a miracle occur, it appears we'd be able to see a re-play on 683 at 5pm MT this evening.

ESPN3 - ACC Network Extra.