Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamison Crowder

As a preface to this post... I'm NOT a Redskins fan...

I'm actually a Steelers fan... That said, I was watching the Washington at Detroit game while waiting for my brisket to smoke, and here's what I learned...

1) It's not a problem if the right tackle wishes to take down the defensive end... Tackling a defensive lineman is apparently now a perfectly legal tactic. (Sorry, but Detroit's winning TD as well as the 50-yd plus reception that saw Norman injured and led to another Detroit TD were both the result of blatantly offensive [no pun intended] holds by Detroit OLs)

2) Unless your name is Antonio Brown, Fred Davis, or someone else that Roger Goodell happens to have a bone to pick with on any given weekend, you are immune to excessive celebration penalties and can do whatever you like with the ball after a TD... (by the way, this has GOT to be the most moronic rule ever conceived in professional football)

This serves as a reminder why I shouldn't be watching NFL games on Sundays... When does the college basketball season start, for Pete's sake?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa John View Post
    I'm actually a Steelers fan... That said, I was watching the Washington at Detroit game while waiting for my brisket to smoke, and here's what I learned...

1) It's not a problem if the right tackle wishes to take down the defensive end... Tackling a defensive lineman is apparently now a perfectly legal tactic. (Sorry, but Detroit's winning TD as well as the 50-yd plus reception that saw Norman injured and led to another Detroit TD were both the result of blatantly offensive [no pun intended] holds by Detroit OLs)

2) Unless your name is Antonio Brown, Fred Davis, or someone else that Roger Goodell happens to have a bone to pick with on any given weekend, you are immune to excessive celebration penalties and can do whatever you like with the ball after a TD... (by the way, this has GOT to be the most moronic rule ever conceived in professional football)

This serves as a reminder why I shouldn't be watching NFL games on Sundays... When does the college basketball season start, for Pete's sake?
    Thank you! I know the old saying is they could call holding on every play but I thought the no call on the play where Norman was hurt was a bit ridiculous.

I'm a Lions fan who lives in DC, so this week is going to be won-der-ful for me! Though, I was extremely proud of Jamison Crowder yesterday...he was the best player for Washington by a lot and even in the closing moments of the game, I was always happy to point out to my Detroit friends that Jamison Crowder is a Duke University graduate. 7 catches for 108 yards, I believe his first-ever game with 100 yards receiving. With Pierre Garcon and DeSean Jackson getting hounded on a weekly basis, Crowder is going to continue to shine in the slot.
    Check out the Duke Basketball Roundup!

2003-2004 HLM
    Duke | Mirecourt | Detroit| The U | USA

Crowder also laid a sick juke on Detroit's Darius Slay that was worth a replay.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2016/...us-slay-video/
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Oh, and Crowder now leads Washington in receiving yards (391) and touchdowns (3).
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Unfortunate loss yesterday but Jamison, once again, was fantastic. Kirk Cousins, after a slow start to the season, is starting to play really well and part of that is the great chemistry he's developed with Jamison.

As for the Redskins...a loss to Detroit really hurts. It's a game we should win by several scores. Turnovers and injuries really cost the Redskins. Jones' fumble at the 1 yard line and losing both starting CB's, in particular.

Agree, elvis. Tough loss to handle. Especially given the somewhat ironic situation that if Cousins had done slightly less well on his run, the Redskins worst outcome would have been overtime, and best would have been a win. In other words, had he been tackled at the 1 or the 2, it would have taken another play or maybe two before the Redskins would have scored, which would have left the Lions with not enough time for the winning drive.

I also agree that there were some pretty egregious holding calls that got overlooked. Had they called the one on the play that Norman got injured, the Redskins are likely winners of the game.

Oh well. Next play.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Great Crowder read. He grew up an Aggie fan.

http://boxtorow.com/2016/10/redskins...lege-football/

Quote Originally Posted by SupaDave View Post
    Great Crowder read. He grew up an Aggie fan.

http://boxtorow.com/2016/10/redskins...lege-football/
    Whew. Glad I read the article. Was concerned he was a Texas A&M fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mbird30 View Post
    Jamison Crowder was leading receiver in the Washington loss. 108 yards on 7 catches!
    I picked up Jamison early in the season off waivers in two leagues, and I've struggled to start him as I have Brandon Marshall, Marvin Jones Jr, and TY Hilton in one league, and in the other I have Beckham Jr, Marvin Jones, and Crabtree.

OBJ, TY, and Marvin are #3,4,5 in total yards. Marshall and Crabtree are 16 & 18, and Crabtree leads all WRs in TDs. Not sure who I bench for Jamison, though he I'm looking for my spots

Quote Originally Posted by blazindw View Post
    I believe his first-ever game with 100 yards receiving.
    Crowder had five receptions for 109 yards in a win over the Cowboys last season. Sunday's performance was his second career game with 100+ yards receiving.
    Bob Green

I didn't see the game as I was playing golf this morning but Jamison Crowder had nine receptions for 107 yards and a TD today as the Redskins tied the Bengals 27-27.

He also had a 23 yard punt return.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I didn't see the game as I was playing golf this morning but Jamison Crowder had nine receptions for 107 yards and a TD today as the Redskins tied the Bengals 27-27.

And I finally was able to start him in one of my fantasy leagues (I own him in 2 leagues). Glad I did and what an awesome game that was...right up until it ended in a tie

Also, Juwan Thompson was activated by the Broncos today and he scored his first touchdown of the season on a one-yard run.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post

If you didn't see the game and just looked at the stats you'd think he played great. If you saw the game, you'd know for sure that he played great again today. I feel like a broken record every week but I'm so happy the Redskins drafted Crowder. He's a true asset to the team.

As for the game, a sad result for the second week in a row. In the first half the Redskins plays great but didn't score great. In the end, that cost them dearly.

Perhaps the most significant stat for Crowder yesterday -- he was targeted 13 times, which tied him with Jordan Reed for the team high. He's now up to 56 targets on the season, which ties him for second on the team with DeSean Jackson (Reed is first with 58 targets; Pierre Garçon is right behind them with 55 targets). Cousins clearly trusts Crowder and has developed a good rapport with him.

Crowder is now up to 40 catches on the season, second on the team behind Reed (42). Crowder is almost on pace for a 1,000-yard season (he has 498 receiving yards in eight games), and he leads the team in both receiving yards and receiving touchdowns (4). He also has a punt return TD.

Sadly, another owner in my fantasy league snapped up Crowder a couple of weeks ago, before I could get him. But I do have Kirk Cousins, and I started him yesterday. Always nice when your QB throws for 458 yards with two TDs.

The guy just find a way to get open, apparently with little effort,and if you throw it to him he will catch it. A true pro.

This week is a bye week for the Skins and that gives Jamison a little time to heal his groin injury. The kid is a winner and I hope he continues to be targeted by Cousins. GoDuke and GoSkins!

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    And I finally was able to start him in one of my fantasy leagues (I own him in 2 leagues). Glad I did and what an awesome game that was...right up until it ended in a tie
    Yes, the Redskins have some issues--but Crowder, thankfully, is not one of them. He is looking great.

Quote Originally Posted by MCFinARL View Post
    Yes, the Redskins have some issues--but Crowder, thankfully, is not one of them. He is looking great.
    Issues, you mean like your left tackle and best O-lineman getting suspended for 4 games? Argh!