Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jamison Crowder

Jamison Crowder

Just saw that Jamison Crowder was trending on Twitter... an 85 yard TD punt return will do that I suppose.
    Let's go Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Just saw that Jamison Crowder was trending on Twitter... an 85 yard TD punt return will do that I suppose.
    As a Redskins fan, I'm so happy that we drafted Jamison. The return was great and he's a great receiver as well.

Not a Skins fan, but loved this play. Go Crowder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Not a Skins fan, but loved this play. Go Crowder!!!!
    I always check their boxscore to see how Crowder did. Saw the return TD and had to google it. I know he credits the blocking but just look how many tackles he broke. He ran right up the middle. I don't think I've seen to many straight up the gut like that.

Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dukie View Post
    I always check their boxscore to see how Crowder did. Saw the return TD and had to google it. I know he credits the blocking but just look how many tackles he broke. He ran right up the middle. I don't think I've seen to many straight up the gut like that.

Amazing!
    After Crowder scored the TD, the game commentator said he was "the best in the league," or something to that effect, so I looked it up. And indeed, Crowder is leading the NFL with 27.7 yards per punt return (that includes yesterday's 85-yard TD return). In fact, he's crushing the field. Second place is Andre Roberts of Detroit, with 19.7 yards per return.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/p...sPerPuntReturn

Crowder also has 21 catches for 231 yards and two touchdowns as a receiver so far this season, which puts him on pace to beat his receiving stats from last year (59 catches for 604 yards and two touchdowns).
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    After Crowder scored the TD, the game commentator said he was "the best in the league," or something to that effect, so I looked it up. And indeed, Crowder is leading the NFL with 27.7 yards per punt return (that includes yesterday's 85-yard TD return). In fact, he's crushing the field. Second place is Andre Roberts of Detroit, with 19.7 yards per return.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/p...sPerPuntReturn

Crowder also has 21 catches for 231 yards and two touchdowns as a receiver so far this season, which puts him on pace to beat his receiving stats from last year (59 catches for 604 yards and two touchdowns).
    I was actually disappointed somewhat in the commentators remarks about Jamison being drafted to return kicks and acting like him being a good receiver was a nice surprise. I don't follow Duke football all that closely and even I know he was a fantastic receiver at Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I was actually disappointed somewhat in the commentators remarks about Jamison being drafted to return kicks and acting like him being a good receiver was a nice surprise. I don't follow Duke football all that closely and even I know he was a fantastic receiver at Duke.
    The announcers were clueless; the Redskins were touting his abilities as a receiver from draft day onward.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Being a Redskin fan and Blue Devil fan, I have enjoyed Jamison's play this season. I was blessed to be able to pick him up off the waiver list in the Fantasy league I'm in. He's been a good pick up so far. GoDuke!

First punt return TD for the Redskins since 2008, love having that guy on my NFL team. My (somewhat muddy and possibly incorrect) recollection of the Redskins' thoughts on drafting Crowder is that they knew he could return kicks right away and believed he could some day make contributions as a wide receiver. He's made a bigger and faster than expected leap and solidified his place among Kirk Cousins' top 4 targets in his second year.

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Being a Redskin fan and Blue Devil fan, I have enjoyed Jamison's play this season. I was blessed to be able to pick him up off the waiver list in the Fantasy league I'm in. He's been a good pick up so far. GoDuke!
    As someone who actually drafted Crowder, I award you zero points.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    As someone who actually drafted Crowder, I award you zero points.
    On Draft night I ended up with these wide receivers: Marvin Jones, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins & the Carolina Panthers wide out that returns punts. His name just left me. Those were 3 pretty good wide outs. So far Jamison has been productive at the flex position. GoDuke and GoRedskins!

The wide receiver for the Panthers Ted Ginn, Jr. GoDuke!
    Last edited by jv001; 10-12-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: memory lapse!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    On Draft night I ended up with these wide receivers: Marvin Jones, Jarvis Landry, Sammy Watkins & the Carolina Panthers wide out that returns punts. His name just left me. Those were 3 pretty good wide outs. So far Jamison has been productive at the flex position. GoDuke and GoRedskins!

The wide receiver for the Panthers Ted Ginn, Jr. GoDuke!
    Yeah, I was just giving you a hard time. I have a rule that i always draft a Duke guy, usually in the 12th round. This year it was Crowder and that has paid off. One year I drafted Thaddeus Lewis, then found out a couple weeks later that he was going to start after the first two stringers for the Bills got hurt. So I went ahead and started him on my fantasy team even though I had Aaron Rodgers who was literally the best player in the league at that point. Lewis wound up outscoring Rodgers that week. It was a proud day to be a Duke grad 8-)

About 150 feet in front of the Duke Chapel doors.
    Jamison was named the NFC's Special Teams Player of the Week:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...r-of-the-week/
    JBDuke

Andre Dawkins: “People ask me if I can still shoot, and I ask them if they can still breathe. That’s kind of the same thing.”

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    As a Redskins fan, I'm so happy that we drafted Jamison. The return was great and he's a great receiver as well.
    As an Eagles fan, Jamison makes me sad. He catches everything! Of course, that catching everything act would get old and cause strife with his fellow WRs on the Eagles.

Crowder with a 16 yard touchdown reception against the Eagles.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/787710563749011456
    Last edited by Bob Green; 10-16-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Add link to video clip
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Crowder with a 16 yard touchdown reception against the Eagles.

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/787710563749011456
    Perfect route, perfect pass. Crowder set his man up and got open -- then it was just a matter of holding out his hands and letting the ball fall into them.
    "I swear Roy must redeem extra timeouts at McDonald's the day after the game for free hamburgers." --Posted on InsideCarolina, 2/18/2015

Quote Originally Posted by Tom B. View Post
    Perfect route, perfect pass. Crowder set his man up and got open -- then it was just a matter of holding out his hands and letting the ball fall into them.
    I also liked that later on, after a ten-yard loss on an end-around play by Jamison, Kirk Cousins threw him a pass for a first down on the very next play. Good move, Kirk.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

On the telecast of the 'skins-Eagles game, one of the announcers was pointing out the "clear emergence of Crowder" (as a go-to receiver) on the Redskins this season. Making key TD plays in two successive games will do that for you!

Jamison Crowder with four catches for 55 yards in the 1st half as the Redskins and Lions are tied 3-3 at the half.
    Bob Green

Jamison Crowder was leading receiver in the Washington loss. 108 yards on 7 catches!