Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    The Blazers have been on some NBA TV preseason in the last week so I have gotten to see Mason. The bad news, in Game 1 he fouled out in 11 minutes and in Game 2 I saw him pick up his first foul in the first 30 seconds and his second before the end of the first quarter. Take it easy, big fella. The good news is that he continues to play point center for the Blazers, a really interesting roll for him. But, he literally doesn't even look at the basket, so he needs to have a credible dribble drive threat to set up that kick-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    The Blazers have been on some NBA TV preseason in the last week so I have gotten to see Mason. The bad news, in Game 1 he fouled out in 11 minutes and in Game 2 I saw him pick up his first foul in the first 30 seconds and his second before the end of the first quarter. Take it easy, big fella. The good news is that he continues to play point center for the Blazers, a really interesting roll for him. But, he literally doesn't even look at the basket, so he needs to have a credible dribble drive threat to set up that kick-out.
    I saw his game for a few minutes. Just enough to see him take a jumper about 10 foot away. Wow! Straight in it went!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

As pre-season continues, Duke alum played last night.
    JJ Redick- 18 pts, 4 assists, 7-11 FGs
    Austin Rivers - 10pts 4-8 FG, 3/3 a/to
    Kyle Singler - 6 pts 3-8 Fg, off the bench
    Ryan Kelly - 2 pts, 2 rebs, 1-3 FG
    Quinn Cook - DNP
    Josh McRoberts, Justise Winslow - DNP
    Kyrie Irving - 0pts 0fer shooting
    Mike Dunleavy - 4/2/1 pts/rebs/asts 1-2 FG
    Dhantay Jones - DNP

Most starters aren't playing many minutes as coaches try to get a look at who is at the bottom of the pecking order to make the team. As such, it's a bummer Quinn didn't get any minutes. Looks like Justise and McBobs didn't play due to rest. Dhantay is a known commodity by now, and a DNP now has essentially no impact on whether he makes a roster this year.
    Austin started a game at PG while Nutpuncher Paul was resting for a game, and he played well enough, but went back to the bench last night.
    Kyle cooled off considerably after having a couple of insanely good games.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    As pre-season continues, Duke alum played last night.
    JJ Redick- 18 pts, 4 assists, 7-11 FGs
    Austin Rivers - 10pts 4-8 FG, 3/3 a/to
    Kyle Singler - 6 pts 3-8 Fg, off the bench
    Ryan Kelly - 2 pts, 2 rebs, 1-3 FG
    Quinn Cook - DNP
    Josh McRoberts, Justise Winslow - DNP
    Kyrie Irving - 0pts 0fer shooting
    Mike Dunleavy - 4/2/1 pts/rebs/asts 1-2 FG
    Dhantay Jones - DNP

Most starters aren't playing many minutes as coaches try to get a look at who is at the bottom of the pecking order to make the team. As such, it's a bummer Quinn didn't get any minutes. Looks like Justise and McBobs didn't play due to rest. Dhantay is a known commodity by now, and a DNP now has essentially no impact on whether he makes a roster this year.
    Austin started a game at PG while Nutpuncher Paul was resting for a game, and he played well enough, but went back to the bench last night.
    Kyle cooled off considerably after having a couple of insanely good games.
    Haven't seen it posted in this thread yet, but Ryan Kelly was cut by the Hawks after the game last night. Assuming he clears waivers, I'd expect him to be in the D-League for the start of the year. With the way the cap fell this summer, most teams were at or even over the roster limit with guaranteed deals and didn't mind giving out at least partial guarantees to guys who would normally not get them. This has made it comparatively difficult to make a roster without a fully guaranteed deal heading into camp.

Brandon Ingram had himself a game last night.

21 points on 10 shots
    7 reounds
    4 assists
    2 steals

vs. the Warriors.

I didn't see the game but people online were saying that Walton put the ball in his hands and pretty much let him run the offense.

Friendly reminder to bookmark this page for once the season gets rolling again: http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

I assume it will still work.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Friendly reminder to bookmark this page for once the season gets rolling again: http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html

I assume it will still work.
    Thanks for the publicity - I'm assuming it will still work, too! I haven't yet updated it for this season, but it should be ready to go by opening night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post
    Brandon Ingram had himself a game last night.

21 points on 10 shots
    7 reounds
    4 assists
    2 steals

vs. the Warriors.

I didn't see the game but people online were saying that Walton put the ball in his hands and pretty much let him run the offense.
    Some highlights. Looking forward to seeing him play.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUEQrwMG-QM

MP3 officially made the Knicks!
    http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...kept-ron-baker

Despite his guaranteed contract, the team had said they'd still have cut him if it made sense.

Despite his guaranteed contract, the team had said they'd still have cut him if it made sense.
    Yes, They cut Lou Amundson, who actually had more guaranteed money than Marshall. Now, while there's a very high likelihood that Marshall will be on the opening day roster with the Knicks down to 15 and Marshall having significant guaranteed money, it won't be final until Monday as teams can and do keep less than 15 on the opening day roster.

Jeff Goodman just tweeted that the Celtics signed Ryan Kelly. Good for him!

Quote Originally Posted by construe View Post
    Jeff Goodman just tweeted that the Celtics signed Ryan Kelly. Good for him!
    "Come to Duke...we got you for life..."

Thanks, Pags Sr.

"Come to Duke...we got you for life..."

Thanks, Pags Sr.
    Just as an FYI, it's unlikely that Kelly makes the Celtics roster and this move was likely more about controlling where he went in the D-league as the Hawks don't have an affiliate. Boston has 16 players with at least partially guaranteed deals and that was after cutting draft pick Ben Bentil, who had a partial guarantee of his own. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if not, he certainly made a good choice of organization to join in terms of player development

Same article also notes the Celtics cut JP Tokoto. I still feel sorry for that kid. He clearly got some bad advice. I hope he goes back and gets his degree.

Great to see Marshall getting a shot. Hope he makes the most of it and embarks on a long NBA career.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Same article also notes the Celtics cut JP Tokoto. I still feel sorry for that kid. He clearly got some bad advice.
    I know what you mean. Once upon a time someone said to him "Go to UNC". That poor kid.

As I guessed this morning, the Celtics cut Ryan Kelly. He will likely start the season with Boston's D-league alliliate.

The cuts continue with roster deadlines looming. Quinn Cook waived by the Pelicans.

Rasheed waived although it seems it was expected. He's off to The Swarm.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

First NBA game of the season had a lot of Dukies!

The Cavs whupped the Knicks. Kyrie led Cleveland with 29 points. Dunleavy had a decent debut with the Cavs, playing 23 minutes, 6th most on the team. He was in the game for a large part of the decisive 3rd quarter run that powered the Cavs to an easy victory. Dun had 4 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals... he filled up the boxscore.

for the Knicks, Lance came off the bench to play 17 minutes. Marshall did not play but is on the 15-man roster.

-Jason "in other NBA news, the Spurs are beating the Warriors by 20 in the 3rd quarter... in Golden State" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Entertaining game in Portland. Sadly Mason was in foul trouble the entire game and after picking up his 4th early the second half the Blazer never went back to him.

Rodney played an outstanding game. 26 points and the Blazers were throwing everything at him and got away with a lot of holding to stick with him as much as they did. He gets a lot of respect from the Blazer fans in the sections I have sat in. He also had a highlight throw down.

Side note is the two teams shot 38 for 38 on free throws.