Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSDukeFan View Post
    Looks like he hit the broad side of a barn, but less than a third of the time. I agree that his poor 3-point shooting prevented him from being an All-American and potentially having his jersey retired.
    Yeah, his free throw percentage was always solid, too. I think most scouts expected him to develop into a reliable shooter. For whatever reason, that never happened. There is no way it's due to lack of work ethic, though. There are just too many reports out there praising his willingness to practice and improve. Even with all the practice in the world, it doesn't always work out for everyone. Regardless, Kyle had a Duke career to remember. Whether because of his quiet personality or because he was just a little bit shy of the individual heights reached by some other Duke greats, I think he'll always be a little underrated. In addition to his versatile offensive game, he was also a superb defender. And most importantly, he was absolutely IRON. And I totally agree that he was a hot shooting senior season away from having his jersey in the rafters. Lucky for him (and for us), he's got a ring as a consolation prize .
    Who needs a moral victory when you can have a real one?

Quote Originally Posted by COYS View Post
    Yeah, his free throw percentage was always solid, too. I think most scouts expected him to develop into a reliable shooter. For whatever reason, that never happened. There is no way it's due to lack of work ethic, though. There are just too many reports out there praising his willingness to practice and improve. Even with all the practice in the world, it doesn't always work out for everyone. Regardless, Kyle had a Duke career to remember. Whether because of his quiet personality or because he was just a little bit shy of the individual heights reached by some other Duke greats, I think he'll always be a little underrated. In addition to his versatile offensive game, he was also a superb defender. And most importantly, he was absolutely IRON. And I totally agree that he was a hot shooting senior season away from having his jersey in the rafters. Lucky for him (and for us), he's got a ring as a consolation prize .
    I will always consider him to be the player that brought back the championship mettle (Iron is a type of mettle, right? ;^), after the disappointing 2006-07 campaign. His arrival the following year, and his willingness to play out of position in the middle, brought that Maui title and a lot of good memories that followed. I swore he would be an effective pro, especially after his pro career started so well in Detroit, and I thought he'd be a Shane Battier type for the Thunder - it was all right there for him - but he didn't deliver. He had every chance. So it goes.

On the final day I'm calling this a strange (or strange-ish) season for Dukies in the NBA. Serious injuries to Winslow and Parker. Nagging injuries to Hood and Okafor. And certainly not the season any of the OAD's from the 15 Champs would have wanted. Ingram probably did what was expected of him (but I feel that team is headed for some major drama and angst if they don't get a pick this year). Two Plumlees traded (and the Mason deal is shaping up to be a real win for Portland). Curry with the Mavs a major highlight. JJ just fantastic again - but also on a team probably headed towards some off season drama. Oh and Kyrie said the earth is flat.

My favorite NBA story connected to the ACC this year was the great season Malcolm Brogdon had - just a quintessential four year guy getting it done in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    On the final day I'm calling this a strange (or strange-ish) season for Dukies in the NBA. Serious injuries to Winslow and Parker. Nagging injuries to Hood and Okafor. And certainly not the season any of the OAD's from the 15 Champs would have wanted. Ingram probably did what was expected of him (but I feel that team is headed for some major drama and angst if they don't get a pick this year). Two Plumlees traded (and the Mason deal is shaping up to be a real win for Portland). Curry with the Mavs a major highlight. JJ just fantastic again - but also on a team probably headed towards some off season drama. Oh and Kyrie said the earth is flat.

My favorite NBA story connected to the ACC this year was the great season Malcolm Brogdon had - just a quintessential four year guy getting it done in the NBA.
    Where'd he play again?

Marshall w/ 14 and 11 in 25 minutes. I guess no one told him that the Knicks were better off losing this game :P. Not that it would have mattered. He only knows 1 way to play the game.

If you get the chance, check out the highlights. He had a spectacular dunk in the last minute or 2 to put the Knicks ahead.

Again... I think the Knicks would've rather lost the game but... he looked pretty good out there!

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    Marshall w/ 14 and 11 in 25 minutes. I guess no one told him that the Knicks were better off losing this game :P. Not that it would have mattered. He only knows 1 way to play the game.

If you get the chance, check out the highlights. He had a spectacular dunk in the last minute or 2 to put the Knicks ahead.

Again... I think the Knicks would've rather lost the game but... he looked pretty good out there!
    As a season ticket holder of the Knicks (please check my sanity), great game by Marshall, but typical of the Knicks that they won. Better for their draft position to have lost, but the Knicks can't even do that right. With that said, both teams actually played really hard considering it was in both team's interest to lose. Nice job by both teams to play it out. And again, great game by Marshall. Getting lots of props on the post game.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Kyle shot very well his sophomore and junior years. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn his senior year, which cost him beaucoup All-American honors. Here's the table:
    Code:
    Year	        PPG   	2-PT	        3-PT	        FT
    2007-08	13.3  	54.5%	34.0%	77.4%
    2008-09	16.5  	47.6%	38.3%	71.3%
    2009-10	17.7  	42.4%	39.9%	79.8%
    2010-11	16.9      49.7%	32.1%	80.6%
    Totals	16.2  	47.9%	36.3%	77.3%
    I seem to recall it getting painfully worse as the season wore on.
    I'm betting his 3 pt % was much lower during the last 10-15 games of his senior season.

Plumdog Marshall in the NBA

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Avvocato View Post
    As a season ticket holder of the Knicks (please check my sanity), great game by Marshall, but typical of the Knicks that they won. Better for their draft position to have lost, but the Knicks can't even do that right. With that said, both teams actually played really hard considering it was in both team's interest to lose. Nice job by both teams to play it out. And again, great game by Marshall. Getting lots of props on the post game.
    The last time the Knicks won when they should have lost it resulted in them drafting Porzingis instead of possibly Okafor or Russell. All Duke bias aside... I think that one worked out well for the Knicks. Hopefully this one does too!

Selfishly I'd like to see them end up w/ Tatum.

My predictions are Lakers and Knicks both get top 3 picks!

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    Dahntay Jones is trying to make that Duke players on a roster at the end of the season list grow.
    Mission successful. Cavs signed Dahntay.

Quote Originally Posted by InSpades View Post
    The last time the Knicks won when they should have lost it resulted in them drafting Porzingis instead of possibly Okafor or Russell. All Duke bias aside... I think that one worked out well for the Knicks. Hopefully this one does too!

Selfishly I'd like to see them end up w/ Tatum.

My predictions are Lakers and Knicks both get top 3 picks!
    From your lips to God's ears (regarding Knicks getting a top 3 pick at least). Agreed about the rest of the above. It's also better to be lucky than good (and hopefully luck can save this incompetent franchise from itself).

Cook sinks the clinching free throws to seal Pelicans win in a close game. Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by westwall View Post
    Cook sinks the clinching free throws to seal Pelicans win in a close game. Nice!
    those were also his first made FTs in the NBA. He was 0-3 before that.

Quinn Cook: "In the D-League, I never unpacked. I lived out of 3 suitcases. I didn't want to get comfortable." Time to unpack,

https://mobile.twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/851203237088641024
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Brandon throws it down and gets nasty!!

Kyle gets BUCKETS!

career high nite for Tysus...

Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    That guy knows how to play and is fun to watch.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    the comment along withe video seems to indicate that T-Wolves fan have a fever, and the only cure more Tyus!

Tyus finished second in the league in assist-to-turnover ratio at 4.1, among players with 100 or more assists:

https://www.teamrankings.com/nba/pla...turnover-ratio

magic says brandon ingram is the only untouchable laker at the moment. it's wonderful to hear his team so excited about his potential.