Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    Don't fret...you'll get to see plenty of those sort of dunks this season from Berry to Hicks.😜
    Stop making me laugh so hard.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Coach K today at press conference..

"We're pleased with Harry Giles' situation. It was a scope to clean up scar tissue in his left knee"

Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post

"We're pleased with Harry Giles' situation. It was a scope to clean up scar tissue in his left knee"
    Is it weird that I'm more worried about Grayson's injury than Giles's knee tune-up?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Is it weird that I'm more worried about Grayson's injury than Giles's knee tune-up?
    It is weird, yeah--to this guy, at least. I don't even think it's weird because of some hidden it's-worse-than-they're-leading-on kind of pessimism*. It's just that Giles is likely to miss six weeks for a commonplace scope, and Grayson may have nothing more than a sore muscle.

K said today that they (coaching staff, training team) were just resting Grayson, because his style of play dictates that they need to give him rest sometimes. If you take that at face value, it sounds essentially like a veteran day off. Of course, you may not take what's said at a coach's presser at face value, and I wouldn't blame you.

* Not to mention the add'l missed time for Giles learning the system, especially the defensive system.
    Last edited by English; 10-04-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Small addition.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    It is weird, yeah--to this guy, at least. I don't even think it's weird because of some hidden it's-worse-than-they're-leading-on kind of pessimism*. It's just that Giles is likely to miss six weeks for a commonplace scope, and Grayson may have nothing more than a sore muscle.

K said today that they (coaching staff, training team) were just resting Grayson, because his style of play dictates that they need to give him rest sometimes. If you take that at face value, it sounds essentially like a veteran day off. Of course, you may not take what's said at a coach's presser at face value, and I wouldn't blame you.

* Not to mention the add'l missed time for Giles learning the system, especially the defensive system.
    As you mentioned, Duke had a Media Day this afternoon. Coach K had a presser and then the players were made available to the media.

According to Grayson via ABC11 sports anchor Joe Mazur, it's a hamstring.

Joe Mazur@joemazurabc11 28m28 minutes ago
    Greyson [sic] Allen has been out "about a week" nursing a hamstring. Plan is to give him breaks throughout the year

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichabod Drain View Post

Hey I was right about something! Woot!

Stephen Wiseman Tweet

Stephen Wiseman‏ @stevewisemanNC
    Harry Giles enjoying a dinner with family at Washington Duke Inn tonight. Crutches nearby. Recovery underway
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Stephen Wiseman‏ @stevewisemanNC
    Harry Giles enjoying a dinner with family at Washington Duke Inn tonight. Crutches nearby. Recovery underway
    That WaDuke burger may set rehab back a few days...

Well given that Grayson is a proven leading scorer, the likely best ball handler and has a tendency to throw his body around- no.

Ugh . . . now there's a Grayson injury? Does anyone know the severity? If they think it will linger throughout the year, that worries me quite a bit. Bad hamstring injuries are no joke

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    Ugh . . . now there's a Grayson injury? Does anyone know the severity? If they think it will linger throughout the year, that worries me quite a bit. Bad hamstring injuries are no joke
    I think the implication is that it's very minor. Grayson was not a fan of sitting out these practices.

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Actually no. Grayson is fine. He may or may not be nursing a minor injury, but nothing to lose sleep over.

Supposedly the staff is intentionally resting him on certain practice days to save his body for the regular season. As K put it "We already know what Grayson can do on the court"...

You can relax...

Especially ones caused by the semitendinosus muscle, which kind of have a tendency to linger(sorry for the pun but it's a slow day so far on EK).

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    Especially ones caused by the semitendinosus muscle, which kind of have a tendency to linger(sorry for the pun but it's a slow day so far on EK).
    That was a bit of a stretch ...

More info on Giles's knee and progress

Dana O'Neil with an update: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l-start-season

Supposed to be about Tatum, but it turned into a Giles piece. Bottomline, Giles isn't engaging in contact but focusing on elastic bands. Nice.

Dana O'Neil with an update: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l-start-season

Supposed to be about Tatum, but it turned into a Giles piece. Bottomline, Giles isn't engaging in contact but focusing on elastic bands. Nice.
    Can never be too focused on elastic band work.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Can never be too focused on elastic band work.
    Does that make Giles a stretch 4?

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Does that make Giles a stretch 4?
    Only when the rubber meets the road.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."