Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: UNC Recruiting

McAdoo's decision to stay at UNC was also likely sweetened by the Mercedes he tweeted about and that got several tickets on UNC's campus over the next several months and was shown to have been rented by Fats Thomas (who also gave PJ Hairston at least two rental cars).

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Not used to you being this condescending, Mr. Wheat. As an FYI, you may be on the edge of using up the entirety of the goodwill DBR posters have extended to you over the years. Tread lightly, son.
    I ignore a lot of stuff. Sort of like water boarding here sometimes for me 🙂

But I don't particularly like to check the board in the am and be labeled "disingenuous" and "completely naive" from a poster who is obviously not very informed.

I tend to get caught up responding to the tone I'm spoken to, right or wrong.

Mess with the bull...so to speak.

But, that said, I get it, and I know nobody around here should take the bait, especially me.

Movin' on...

Quote Originally Posted by El_Diablo View Post
    McAdoo's decision to stay at UNC was also likely sweetened by the Mercedes he tweeted about and that got several tickets on UNC's campus over the next several months and was shown to have been rented by Fats Thomas (who also gave PJ Hairston at least two rental cars).
    Do you really think a "friend" trying to be cool and loaning him a car would have had any impact on his multi million dollar decision?

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Here again, let's look at a Duke analog in that same high school class. Barnes was RSCI #1 and would have been taken in the lottery. His stock did not improve by staying another year at UNC. Kyrie Irving (RSCI #3) apparently wasn't worried about the NBA owners lockout because he decided to enter the draft and was the #1 overall pick.
    I think Barnes was drafted about where he would have gone as a freshman, but either way, it was his call and in hindsight it doesn't matter, he's making lots of money in the NBA, actually more than Kyrie I think?

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Can we? Would love to see this thread return to news about the 2017 recruiting class.
    I'm good with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat/"/"/" View Post
    I think Barnes was drafted about where he would have gone as a freshman, but either way, it was his call and in hindsight it doesn't matter, he's making lots of money in the NBA, actually more than Kyrie I think?
    Actually, the next several years it is pretty danged close, but technically you are correct.

Let's not run Wheat out. The offseasons would feel even longer if all we had was our echo chamber of ideas.

And without Wheat, I wouldn't know if Roy was a terrible coach because he can't recruit top notch talent, or because he can't win championships with the top notch talent (that he can't get).

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Actually, the next several years it is pretty danged close, but technically you are correct.

Let's not run Wheat out. The offseasons would feel even longer if all we had was our echo chamber of ideas.

And without Wheat, I wouldn't know if Roy was a terrible coach because he can't recruit top notch talent, or because he can't win championships with the top notch talent (that he can't get).
    Good points, all. I like having Wheat around. Sometimes I even agree with a little bit of what he has to say. Regardless, it's entertaining.

Have you guys not heard the expression "don't feed the troll"? Leave him alone and he wont completely derail the thread for 5 pages. He's an unapologetic UNC homer, and what do we do with those folks? Ignore them.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyJ View Post
    Have you guys not heard the expression "don't feed the troll"? Leave him alone and he wont completely derail the thread for 5 pages. He's an unapologetic UNC homer, and what do we do with those folks? Ignore them.
    All this discussion and baiting of Wheat is so infantile. It's insane. You all sound like middle school kids who say my Dad is bigger than your Dad!
    If this DBR board is so great, so much better than any other Internet forum why can't there just be a decent conversation? Why call him a troll?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    All this discussion and baiting of Wheat is so infantile. It's insane. You all sound like middle school kids who say my Dad is bigger than your Dad!
    If this DBR board is so great, so much better than any other Internet forum why can't there just be a decent conversation? Why call him a troll?
    Some of us sincerely think he is a troll, but I'm not suggesting banning him. I know there is the ignore function, but the thread itself is hijacked. Perhaps, there could be a separate thread for Wheat debates. That could come in handy, for example, after any Duke loss, Duke utter failure to develop the big man skills of the National Big Man of the Year award winner, or isolated academic irregularities that had absolutely nothing to do with revenue sports. The previous 2-3 pages of this thread could be relocated, and one could then click on the thread to read about 2017 Duke Basketball Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Perhaps your message should have been sent privately to the poster you wished to address. And to use terms like "infantile" and "insane" seems a bit much. Also, I'm not sure who goes around claiming DBR is better than any other message board, though it might well be.

Relax, Furn, we're just having fun with ol' Wheat. He can take it. And yes, this message probably should have been sent privately as well. I apologize to the board for thread derailment.

Now I'm ready for some good recruiting news. Anybody out there have some?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Also, I'm not sure who goes around claiming DBR is better than any other message board, though it might well be.
    That would be me. The signal to noise ratio here and expectations of civil discussion go a long ways. I'm sure there are other well moderated boards as well but I like this one. If you really want a contrast visit IC or even some unmoderated Duke boards.