Page 777 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 27767772776777577677777877978782787712771777 ... LastLast
Results 15,521 to 15,540 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    You are correct. Post #9013.
    Since my DBR searching skills are amateur at best, I am going to suggest you either offer a tutorial, or offer beer review search as a service to the community

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Since my DBR searching skills are amateur at best, I am going to suggest you either offer a tutorial, or offer beer review search as a service to the community
    All I did was click on the "Search Thread" button and insert the keyword "kittens." My review was like the fourth or fifth post among those that included that keyword. Of course, you have to search a keyword that's unique enough to avoid pulling-up dozens or even hundreds of posts.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Dragons and YumYums-Dogfish Head Craft Brewery

Strange brew, but intriguing and rather good.

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a standard pint glass. Looks like a light-colored cherry/berry soda. Modest, foamy head. Mrs. dd thought pineapple on the nose and, after I finished chuckling and got the evil stare, she was correct . It was fairly subtle. I'd have never guessed any of the additives (dragon fruit, yumberries, pear juice, passion fruit and black carrot juice ). More evidence of (almost) anything goes in brewing a DFH ale. I thought the flavors were berry-like at first with hints of tropical fruits with a very mild resin finish. Pretty mild for a pale ale with IBUs of 25 with ABV a bit high for the style at 6.5%. I'll have some pork tenderloin with a plum-apple compote, some mashed sweet potatoes and green bean almondine with this if given a choice. I've got several more of these for sharing/trading and will certainly keep 1 or 2 for myself.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

"Something tells us it won’t taste like Heady Topper."

LOL.

High West Barrel Aged Victory at Sea (2017)-Ballast Point (cough, Constellation, cough) Brewing

(Yes, Tripping William, that High West.)

This beer's name is too long .

Highly recommended several months ago by our older son-in-law's father and seen for the first time last week so I bought a $16 four pack of 12 ounce bottles. Nice drop.

It's an imperial porter that has the appearance of an imperial stout, meaning it was a fairly viscous, almost black pour with a generous, medium khaki head. Nose of coffee (added), dark chocolate and booze (aged in bourbon and rye whiskey oak casks). Smooth, almost oily mouthfeel with espresso, semi-sweet chocolate, vanilla (added; also likely intensified by the bourbon/rye/oak whiskey barrel "storage"), burnt caramel and toasted almond flavors. Mildly bitter, likely from both the heavily roasted grains and a modest hop bill, with IBUs at 35. Seductive and dangerous with the ABV at 12%. Sipped from a snifter last PM over an hour and slightly chilled before decanting. Highly recommended.

Up to 777 pages, how long to get to 888?

Been really busy lately and have posted rarely-hope that changes fairly soon. Continue to hear about new breweries in the area and need to visit soon and post on them.
    My hops are growing heartily, already above 4 feet tall, have trained many and more need attention soon.
    Found a Highland variety 12-pack sitting in my garage from 2015. Have a couple of oatmeal porters and IPA's remaining. Tried one of the 12-pack the other night and it hasn't lost any body or quality at all. Will save the rest for a Derm trip.

Thread hijack!

Planet of the Grapes Mead (draft)-Crafted Artisan Meadery (Mogadore, OH)

Two ounce sample from the owner of a relatively new wine and beer shop located only 1.5 (dangerous) miles from our house.

Looked like grape-lemonade. No head. Nose of grape juice and tastes of extra sweet Welch's Grape Juice Light with a peanut-y finish. Yep, almost a liquid PB*J, gluten-free, of course, much as I try to keep most of my posts on DBR . No ABV as meads don't have any hops. ABV was 6%, a bit low, IIRC, for a typical mead.

We now return you to our regularly scheduled beer fest.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Been really busy lately and have posted rarely-hope that changes fairly soon. Continue to hear about new breweries in the area and need to visit soon and post on them.
    My hops are growing heartily, already above 4 feet tall, have trained many and more need attention soon.
    Found a Highland variety 12-pack sitting in my garage from 2015. Have a couple of oatmeal porters and IPA's remaining. Tried one of the 12-pack the other night and it hasn't lost any body or quality at all. Will save the rest for a Derm trip.
    I want to hear more about Ardent Brewery, and, of course, whatever new joints you might visit.

Good to hear from you again!

Forget 888 pages, I wanna see 20K posts here!

Expendable Income (draft)-Bond Brothers Beer Company

Heard of this one, fuse?

Six ounce pour ($2.50) after making my selection of NC singles for the next week or so.

It's a blond barleywine () brewed in collaboration with C.A.R.B.O.Y. homebrew club.

Pour was a clear, gold-yellow with a thin, off-white head. Lots of citrus on the nose along with alcohol. Moderate bitterness appears initially on the palate, but more rind-y than piney/resin-y. Finish is light/medium caramel, honey and orange zest with a lingering alcohol burn. IBUs at 90 but not a hop monster as it's reasonably balanced with the ABV at 12.5%. Took me almost 30 minutes to finish this chatting with the owner. Much better than my barleywine-adverse palate would have expected. I'd taste again but think I'd enjoy the Cherry or Cinnamon Vanilla Variant Imperial Stouts better.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    For once, I came away from a Southern Pines beer with a reaction more favorable than “meh.” This is a Belgian-style dark strong ale, with 16-ounce cans acquired at Stella (Brew, not Artois) while picking up a semi-annual load of Donut Skillet. Pours a nice deep brown color with a fairly sizable tan head. Nice hints of dark fruit and some leather. Not as flavorful as some dark strongs, and there is a hint of bitterness in the aftertaste (even with IBUs at 24), but still nice on the palate. At 10+% ABV, it’s a sipper, not a gulper.
    Bought tonight based on my memory of a favorable review but not "searched" until after purchased. Glad the brain cells still work reasonably well.

Grand Cru-Southern Pines Brewing Company.

I think my can was about $4.50; another nice drop.

Not too much to add to the above dead-on-target review except maybe my perception of some dark caramel and hints of dark rum throughout my extended tasting.

The story of Big Boss Brewing Company:

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/f...e78053562.html

I had no idea who some of the predecessors were.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Expendable Income (draft)-Bond Brothers Beer Company

Heard of this one, fuse?

Six ounce pour ($2.50) after making my selection of NC singles for the next week or so.

It's a blond barleywine () brewed in collaboration with C.A.R.B.O.Y. homebrew club.

Pour was a clear, gold-yellow with a thin, off-white head. Lots of citrus on the nose along with alcohol. Moderate bitterness appears initially on the palate, but more rind-y than piney/resin-y. Finish is light/medium caramel, honey and orange zest with a lingering alcohol burn. IBUs at 90 but not a hop monster as it's reasonably balanced with the ABV at 12.5%. Took me almost 30 minutes to finish this chatting with the owner. Much better than my barleywine-adverse palate would have expected. I'd taste again but think I'd enjoy the Cherry or Cinnamon Vanilla Variant Imperial Stouts better.
    Believe it or not, I have heard of CARBOY, but not this beer. Reads like a hefty brew.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    The story of Big Boss Brewing Company:

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/f...e78053562.html

I had no idea who some of the predecessors were.
    Great read- I am struggling to remember any of the breweries named- maybe Rock Creek and Edenton, pretty sure I have tasted none.

Két hét múlva olcsó sört fogyasztok Magyarországon

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

Ebédidőben találkozunk

Believe it or not, I have heard of CARBOY, but not this beer. Reads like a hefty brew.
    Six ounces was indeed plenty. Hefty, indeed.

Great read- I am struggling to remember any of the breweries named- maybe Rock Creek and Edenton, pretty sure I have tasted none.
    I actually tasted some Tom Cat brews, both bottled and home brewed by the owner/founder, who I met through some good friends of ours. Pretty good products. I remember Edenton Street and think I may have had a few of their ales. Chesapeake sounds vaguely familiar but doubt I tasted any of their ales. I had no idea about the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post

Are you in Europe? Hungary? (thirsty, too?)

(sorry for the last question-couldn't resist )

I'll try a little more research tonight about North State Brewing, another Raleigh brewery I vaguely recall from about 20 years ago.