Page 751 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 25165170174174975075175275376180185112511751 ... LastLast
Results 15,001 to 15,020 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Any new offerings coming out of AZ that are worth seeking out? I have a couple of days in the Valley of the Sun early next week.
    I have no personal knowledge of any AZ brews except this one I sipped over 20 years ago:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/677/2213/

I'd stay far, far away from it.

Here's a better list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/state/az/
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Speaking of driving long distances, here's a map for the ultimate beer road trip!
    Oooh, our planned ~6 week cross country drive several years from now might resemble that route .

How many of the listed/suggested breweries have you sampled?

Speaking of driving long distances, here's a map for the ultimate beer road trip!
    That's a great find. Thanks! I'm amazed. A "list" from which I've actually had more than a handful or two of their products. My count is 39. I will call bovine shenanigans on a list however that does not include New Glarus.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I have no personal knowledge of any AZ brews except this one I sipped over 20 years ago:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/677/2213/

I'd stay far, far away from it.

Here's a better list:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/lists/state/az/
    Looks like Arizona Wilderness is the tap to hunt. They're also the brewery on "the map" I just posted, so there's that.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

That's a great find. Thanks! I'm amazed. A "list" from which I've actually had more than a handful or two of their products. My count is 39. I will call bovine shenanigans on a list however that does not include New Glarus.
    I only get to 26. Confirming that I need to travel more and drink more.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

I only get to 26. Confirming that I need to travel more and drink more.
    It's unanimous!

From 9/30/17:

From tailgate last PM:

Backwoods Bastard (11/9/14-IIRC)-Founders Brewing

August West brought this for the finishing beer last PM. A gracious thank you for a great beer!

I have no reservations about another review of this. Nil. Nada. Especially when someone is kind and generous enough to share.

The above review still stands, even with an ale that's almost 3 years old with this stamped on the bottle: BB 11/9/19.

This should be Founders Brewing barrel-aged beer #5 for 2017 and is due for release next month or in November. Find a 4 pack and have one when purchased and save the other 3 for 2018, 2019 and 2020. Worth the wait.
    From this past weekend:

Backwoods Bastard (bottled on 11/9/14; best by 11/9/19)-Founders Brewing

Couldn't wait until 2019 .

Don't have any of the 2017 release .

Bourbon-soaked, liquified dark, dried fruits, including raisins, dates, figs and cherries. Decadent. I think the IBUs are 50 (bottle is gone) and the ABV was either 11.8% or 12.4%. Cellar temperature. Snifter. An amazing beer. Sorry I missed the most recent release but hope some other Ymm, Beer readers bought a 4 pack. Or more.

One writer's opinion:

http://www.newsobserver.com/living/f...195503804.html

I've had the Collaboration 2017 version and have 4 of the 2018 edition currently untasted. I have 2 of the BA Ten Fidy waiting to be sipped. Soon. I must find the Trophy brew, hoping it's readily available.

Modelo? Really?

From 5/12/14:

Expedition Stout-Bell's Brewery

Not sure how/where/when I acquired this but, when in doubt, give fuse the credit and a hearty thank you. There are two sets of numbers on the bottle. One was on the label on the back of the bottle and was: 9384. The other was on a sticker on the cap and was: 81239. Not sure either of those matches a brewing or "enjoy by" date.

I divided the 12 ounce bottle over two nights as a "chaser" for another lighter weight brew. Pour was onyx with a small, beige head. There were a lot of scents and taste happening here including espresso, unsweetened chocolate, molasses, dark fruits and a trace of licorice. Roasted, mildly bitter flavor with estimated IBUs of 50-60 and the ABV was 10.5%. Always check before you sip. I did see this at one of the specialty shops or Total Wine this winter for about $15-16 for the 6er so it was a bit spendy but this was a trader (I guess) and well worth having one this spring as I'm thinking it has been several years since I sipped this brew. Sadly though, there are none left to age a year or three.
    From last PM:

Expedition Stout-Bell's Brewery

Bottle #1 from a 6er bought at Total Wine a couple weeks ago for about $15 after my 10% off coupon . I don't think this has changed much since 2014. Bell's doesn't state their IBUs and the ABV remains 10.5%. Very nice to re-visit after several years and certainly worth a litter to sip now, trade and/or share a couple and then age the leftovers as they clearly state that shelf life of this is indefinite so it'll be very interesting to taste again in a year or two.

From 12/7/16:

On the 7th day of Christmas/Advent/Hanukkah...

Moo Hoo-Terrapin Beer Company

To borrow a phrase from fuse, a "fun beer."

Great label design, interesting name, tasty style, a gift from August West (thanks!) and More Cowbell printed around the top of the 12 ounce can.

It's a chocolate milk stout and and I can (pun intended) almost taste the milk in it . Pour was a bit thin with a small mocha head. Baker's chocolate aromas permeated the nares and flavors of sweet, dark chocolate milk and cocoa tickled the palate along with just a hint of coffee. They claim IBUs at 30 and ABV is 6% (website) or 6.1% (label). This would be an interesting base for a beer float, either with a scoop of vanilla or coffee ice cream. Ingredients:

Malts: 2-Row Pale, Flaked Oat, Crystal 85,Chocolate, DH Carafa III, Roasted Barley

Hops: Nugget, Willamette

Other: Olive & Sinclair Cocoa Nibs, Cocoa Shells, Lactose

Attachment 6925
    From now:

Moo Hoo-Terrapin (miller) Beer (coors) Company

Partial payment from over the weekend as we cared for the grandkiddies. Now available in 12 ounce cans but still no cowbell . I don't think much has changed in the recipe. Really does taste like a chocolate-flavored milk stout, or should that be a (dark) chocolate milk that happens to be a stout. If I ever have another one of these, I'd almost insist that it be served with a long-handled spoon, a straw and a scoop or two of vanilla ice cream.

Desperately trying to resist any viewing/knowledge of the game/scores/stats/updates. Think I'll head back downstairs for another "stout" one.

Desperately trying to resist any viewing/knowledge of the game/scores/stats/updates. Think I'll head back downstairs for another "stout" one.
    I'm not even sure a third beer tonight is going to help.

I'm not even sure a third beer tonight is going to help.
    I suspect it did not.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I suspect it did not.
    Moo Hoo, Expedition Stout and last 1/3 of a Mountain County Stout bomber. All failures.

Cracked open one of my Black Friday beers for the game last night: 2017 Barrel Aged St. Mungo - 7.4% ABV Scotch Ale from Crown Brewing Co. Really tasty beer; fruity nose, smokey, milky, malty flavor.

Bottle was opened at halftime, and thus will always be associated with the 14-2 run that the Cheats went on to start the 2nd half.

Overall - 0.5 out of 5 stars for opening the gates of hell and ruining all of our evenings.

Chocolate (beer) for your valentine?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-seven-to-try

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Chocolate (beer) for your valentine?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...e-seven-to-try
    Sooooo many outstanding choices, but, alas, Mrs dd thinks it all tastes like beer (except for her fondness for New Glarus fruit beers).

Just went to Hardywood on a cold and rainy day, limited release, not even growler fills. Draft only. Bourbon barrel cru with buffalo trace only barrels. 14% abv. Those that liked it from the tailgate...really good. Better than their normal bourbon barrel cru, DukeTaylor, stop on by. Really smooth, oaky, just Hardywood at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Just went to Hardywood on a cold and rainy day, limited release, not even growler fills. Draft only. Bourbon barrel cru with buffalo trace only barrels. 14% abv. Those that liked it from the tailgate...really good. Better than their normal bourbon barrel cru, DukeTaylor, stop on by. Really smooth, oaky, just Hardywood at their best.
    Great find. Amazing beer.