Page 704 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 20460465469470270370470570671475480412041704 ... LastLast
Results 14,061 to 14,080 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Schlafly Pumpkin Ale

At my usual watering hole, Short Pump Pour House, on draft. Rarely do I try many pumpkin beers, but was feeling squirrely

Tried it each of the last two Sundays. Excellent brew, IMO. Good mouthfeel, tasty, not overpowering, but plenty of autumn spices. I highly recommend trying this.

Others on ratebeer agree.

https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/schlaf...kin-ale/63411/

Enjoy!! While u can!!

Quote Originally Posted by Devilwin View Post
    I like Corona too. Pound 'em down beer at the beach!
    Ughhh... I can't defend you there. Skunky piss water.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Speaking of yeast...

Ricks68 was at White Labs today for the taproom opening. Hopefully he reports back here.

Georgia Tech football at WW.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I had a Lucky Buddha beer today, so you don’t have to.

Buy it for the bottle and then save yourself the trouble and just pour down the drain.

Not really a Yechh, beer so much as a good impression of a green bottle skunky lager, if you like that sorta beer.

I had a Lucky Buddha beer today, so you don’t have to.

Buy it for the bottle and then save yourself the trouble and just pour down the drain.

Not really a Yechh, beer so much as a good impression of a green bottle skunky lager, if you like that sorta beer.
    IOW, a classic Heineken.

Mirror Pond Pale Ale-Deschutes Brewing

I'll guess it's been 10, maybe 15 years since I had one of these when we regularly visited my parents outside of Portland, OR. Oh, such good memories.

Copper hue out of a 12 ounce bottle that was part of a sampler 12 pack. Modest, foamy head with mixed tropical and citrus scents. Stone fruits along with mild pineapple, grapefruit, rind and hints of pine. I must admit, I was a bit hesitant when I read the label and learned it was a single hop pale ale made with Cascade hops but I was pleasantly surprised. Best by 11/22/17 stamped on the label and the bottle conditioning helps. The Pacific Wonderland Lager I drank earlier in the week was also bottle conditioned, unusual for a lager. The Black Butte Porter I'm sipping now is also bottle conditioned. More on that one later as a tribute to Devil Alumna, the Ymm, Beer thread starter.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Mirror Pond Pale Ale-Deschutes Brewing

I'll guess it's been 10, maybe 15 years since I had one of these when we regularly visited my parents outside of Portland, OR. Oh, such good memories.

Copper hue out of a 12 ounce bottle that was part of a sampler 12 pack. Modest, foamy head with mixed tropical and citrus scents. Stone fruits along with mild pineapple, grapefruit, rind and hints of pine. I must admit, I was a bit hesitant when I read the label and learned it was a single hop pale ale made with Cascade hops but I was pleasantly surprised. Best by 11/22/17 stamped on the label and the bottle conditioning helps. The Pacific Wonderland Lager I drank earlier in the week was also bottle conditioned, unusual for a lager. The Black Butte Porter I'm sipping now is also bottle conditioned. More on that one later as a tribute to Devil Alumna, the Ymm, Beer thread starter.
    Still haven't captured one of these beauties in the wild here in Western NC, but I understand they are around. Thanks for the report. I have lots of fond memories, as I quaffed many a pint of this one in my Seattle days.

The post that got this thread started:

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post
    I know we've got some beer-o-philes on the board, and we're now deep into the drink-beer, watch-sports fall season. So, question to the group --

What's your favorite beer, for what event/food/occasion?

I tried out Moose Drool's brown ale yesterday, at a barbeque where the MLB playoffs were on in the background. It was a nice beer, a bit heavy for the ribs, though. The Black Butte porter went well with the brownies later on.

Fat Tire is our 'household' standard, and tastes great after a day on the slopes while recovering in the hottub.

Busch Light will always hold a special place in my heart (if not my palate) and I usually trend towards the light stuff during Duke bball games.
    Ten years and two weeks later:

Black Butte Porter-Deschutes Brewing Company

Dark brown pour with a creamy, tan head. Tempting aromas of mild chocolate and a bit of java. Tastes to match with some dark caramel, earthy/herbal bitterness and a trace of a smoky finish. IBUs of 30 and ABV of 5.2%. An excellent porter that is also bottle conditioned. DevilAlumna's pairing with brownies would be nice as would sipping with any BBQ/grilled/smokey fare. Ingredients:

Malts: Pale, Carapils, Chocolate, Crystal, Wheat
    Hops: Cascade, Bravo, Tettnang

Lost Province in Boone.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

A pumpkin beer that was DFH-esque.
    A cherry wheat that was outstanding.
    A single hop world class mosaic IPA.

A single Belgian, and apple single Belgian.

A honey brown ale.

A 120 minute-esque half pint of pure gasoline.

There was definitely some pizza involved at some point.

Lost Province in Boone.

Ahhhhhhhhh...

A pumpkin beer that was DFH-esque.
    A cherry wheat that was outstanding.
    A single hop world class mosaic IPA.

A single Belgian, and apple single Belgian.

A honey brown ale.

A 120 minute-esque half pint of pure gasoline.

There was definitely some pizza involved at some point.

Couldn't be. The ABC board doesn't allow that high octane stuff in NC.

Serendipity-New Glarus Brewing

Always worth another review.

750 ml bottle shared about 5 ways. A cherry, cranberry, apple fruit juice blend, err, spontaneously/wildly fermented, oak-aged brown ale/lambic. A wonderful breakfast beverage with a slice of Reese's Peanut Butter Oreo cheesecake. Yes, desserts first.

Many thanks to devildeac for this delicious contribution .

Ninjabread Man (2017)-Asheville Brewing Company (I think)

Thanks to ricks68 for snagging this shortly after its release last week!

Medium to dark brown pour with a tan, foamy head. Sugar and spice and everything nice, especially milk chocolate, ginger, dark bread, caramel and likely some nutmeg and cinnamon tickled my nostrils and palate from my pint glass as we shared this bomber about 5 ways. I think the label quoted IBUs of 26 and the ABV was 5.6%. Liquid gingerbread for breakfast!

After today's showing, Silent Night Day looks a bit more tasty than watching GT dismantle us at WW. But, we'll have some outstanding brews on the beer table so FB still is the likely winner for the devildeacs that day.

At least the beer got better as the tailgate went on .

BBA Sexual Chocolate (2017)-Foothills Brewing Company

Many thanks to dpslaw for procuring this one last month when it was released and sharing it yesterday!

Pour from a bomber shared about 5 ways was almost black with a modest, mocha-colored head. Heavenly nose of dark chocolate and bourbon. Tastes of dark caramels dipped in semi-sweet chocolate with some dark fruits and a long, long, warming boozy finish. I'm guessing (not sure I'd call it remembering) the IBUs about 70 for this imperial stout with the ABV on the painted label at 9.6%. I think it was burgers and Costco foot longs, both with all the toppings, about this time, but I mostly sipped my portion without any food but kick myself for not having one of TNTDevil's dark chocolate/espresso fudge cups.

Return to Lemuria-Fullsteam Brewing

I think this was the correct name as the astute fuse told me he thought Lemuria was a brown ale and beeradvocate called Lemuria a Belgian strong dark ale. This bomber contained an imperial stout brewed with cocoa and vanilla, IIRC.

Many thanks to August West for finding and sharing!

Pour was a dark brown and not black. In fact, it was not very opaque as I thought it would be. Nose of cocoa and vanilla with the same tastes, only stronger. I can't recall if this was a BBA beer or not. Dark caramel and dark fruits were other perceived flavors. I'll guess IBUs of 70 and the ABV was a warming 11%. Another creation that could be sipped by itself at cellar temperature with or without a chocolate and/or caramel dessert.

Return to Lemuria-Fullsteam Brewing

I think this was the correct name as the astute fuse told me he thought Lemuria was a brown ale and beeradvocate called Lemuria a Belgian strong dark ale. This bomber contained an imperial stout brewed with cocoa and vanilla, IIRC.

Many thanks to August West for finding and sharing!

Pour was a dark brown and not black. In fact, it was not very opaque as I thought it would be. Nose of cocoa and vanilla with the same tastes, only stronger. I can't recall if this was a BBA beer or not. Dark caramel and dark fruits were other perceived flavors. I'll guess IBUs of 70 and the ABV was a warming 11%. Another creation that could be sipped by itself at cellar temperature with or without a chocolate and/or caramel dessert.

Not a BBA from what I was able to see on Fullsteam's website. AW

At least the beer got better as the tailgate went on .

BBA Sexual Chocolate (2017)-Foothills Brewing Company

Many thanks to dpslaw for procuring this one last month when it was released and sharing it yesterday!

Pour from a bomber shared about 5 ways was almost black with a modest, mocha-colored head. Heavenly nose of dark chocolate and bourbon. Tastes of dark caramels dipped in semi-sweet chocolate with some dark fruits and a long, long, warming boozy finish. I'm guessing (not sure I'd call it remembering) the IBUs about 70 for this imperial stout with the ABV on the painted label at 9.6%. I think it was burgers and Costco foot longs, both with all the toppings, about this time, but I mostly sipped my portion without any food but kick myself for not having one of TNTDevil's dark chocolate/espresso fudge cups.
    Thanks for the preview. I expect to crack open one of my bottles in the coming days/weeks.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."