Page 672 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 17257262266267067167267367468272277211721672 ... LastLast
Results 13,421 to 13,440 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

From 10/3/2010:

From the way back machine (not even posted here but discovered from my "archives").

60 Minute IPA-DFH

A classic IPA with herbal/cannabis aroma and tastes. Mildly bitter/hoppy and pretty well balanced. This is a yellow pour, modest head and pairs well with mild to moderately spicy dishes. I'd guess the IBU to be 50-60 and the ABV is 6%. I shoulda had this first after the game yesterday and the 75 IBU/7.5% ABV Flower Power IPA 2nd but did not do my research for these facts. You should drink the less bitter/lower alcohol brew 1st so your taste buds are not overpowered if you drink a high IBU/ABV beverage 1st.

From tonight:

60 Minute IPA-Dogfish Head Brewing

A 3 ounce sample from a can (!) at a tasting tonight at Bottle Revolution.

An IPA classic in a very, very crowded field now. I thought this had less herbal/cannabis tastes and aromas and was more citrusy. ABV still at 6% and rep confirmed IBUs of 60. Always worth a can/bottle/draft pint.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    DFH Lupu-Luau
    "Boom ... so the nose is an absolute tropical party." - Sam Calagione. If you haven't tried Lupu-Luau yet, head to the Fish Finder at dogfish.com to help you track some down because nobody wants to miss this party! 🏝 #craftbeer #offcentered

Above quote grabbed from a DFH FB post.

The nose is supremely coconut / coconut cream.

Its an interesting blend of coconut and hops.

I really like coconut in beer. I wonder if a fruitier hop would make it better.
    Its been ages since I have had a DFH 60 minute- this tastes like 60 minute with coconut added.

Mixed opinion. Really wanted to rave about it, and the balance improved as it warmed. Glad I tried it, will likely try again.
    From the DFH tasting tonight:

Lupu Luau-Dogfish Head Brewing

Darn close to pina colada aromas and tastes. The hop variety used is a US experimental type supposed to accentuate/exude(?) pineapple aromas and flavors, hence the pina colada comparison. He claims they used real coconut flesh for the flavoring, along with dehydrated coconut water/milk. IBUs of about 60, just like the 60 Minute fuse astutely references above, with the ABV at 7.3%. I'm not sure I'd spring for a 6er of this at $15 but would split a litter with someone, drink a couple myself and trade one.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Dogfish Head regional sales manager told me this tonight at a tasting he was conducting at Bottle Revolution:

https://www.millercoors.com/News-Cen...enth-and-blake

I guess I had missed or had forgotten this info.

I missed that news. Thanks for the heads up. Terrapin Rye was one of my gateway craft beers. I just had a Sound Czech the other day.

Are we against all smaller brewers selling out to larger monoliths or just to the monoliths that actively use underhanded methods to stomp out their competition? A rhetorical question that is sadly becoming less rhetorical with each passing week
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    I missed that news. Thanks for the heads up. Terrapin Rye was one of my gateway craft beers. I just had a Sound Czech the other day.

Are we against all smaller brewers selling out to larger monoliths or just to the monoliths that actively use underhanded methods to stomp out their competition? A rhetorical question that is sadly becoming less rhetorical with each passing week
    Interesting discussion to have. I still like the Ballast Point brews, despite the fact fuse informed me Constellation Beverages bought them about 18 months ago. Haven't had any Breckenridge (InBev) beers in years and doubt I ever will again. I've never tasted an Elysian product either. Terrapin still makes some very good beers and I tasted a couple new ones to me (Maggie's Farm and Sound Czech) at Bottle Revolution a couple months ago, not knowing millercoors owned them now. There are still about 5000 independent craft brewers I/we can support without the monoliths involved.

http://www.wral.com/police-want-to-i...wery/16881484/

Robbery at Aviator? What is the world coming to?

Dogfish Head regional sales manager told me this tonight at a tasting he was conducting at Bottle Revolution:

https://www.millercoors.com/News-Cen...enth-and-blake

I guess I had missed or had forgotten this info.

I am openly weeping.

It is true it has been a few years since I have had Terrapin beer, they were always brilliant.

Not sure I can even name all the ones I enjoyed.

The limited wake n bake french toast was amazing.

I'm really now in favor of the independent craft label. It is becoming far too hard to figure out what is what.

From 4/20/15:

I'll kinda/sorta recycle this from 4/7/13:

Burton Baton (3/7/10)-Dogfish Head Brewing

Best let the brewers initiate the description:

"This oak-aged gentle giant has been gaining popularity over the past few years and is now available year-round.

For Burton Baton, we brew two "threads," or batches, of beer: an English-style old ale and an imperial IPA.

After fementating the beers separately in our stainless tanks, they're transferred and blended together in one of our large oak tanks. Burton Baton sits on the wood for about a month.

When enjoying the Burton Baton, you'll find an awesome blend of the citrus notes from Northwestern hops melding with woody, vanilla notes from the oak. The wood also tends to mellow the 10% ABV of Burton, so tread cautiously!"

Now I'll take a shot. What a smooth mouthfeel! Poured a golden-bronze with a modest head and gentle scents of grapefruit and dark, brown caramel/sugar. Don't think I've had one of these for a couple years at least and last night's 12 ounce bottle reminded me how good this is. I think the cellaring enhances the oak and vanilla notes and adds some rummy/sherry flavors to the mix. IBU at 70 but the ABV of 10% hides the fairly typical DIPA hop bite very nicely. I'd enjoy this as a nightcap ale. Ahh, yes, another 2010 championship vintage.

Still celebrating!
    From tonight:

Burton Baton (forgot to ask the date or look at the bottle)-Dogfish Head Brewing

Two ounce bottle pour of their 90 Minute IIPA and an old English/stock ale (a beer they don't release), hybrid. Smells and tastes like a caramel or toffee-covered grapefruit slice, juicy and pungent, bitter and sweet. Worth a 4 pack to enjoy now, trade and age a year or three.

http://www.wral.com/police-want-to-i...wery/16881484/

Robbery at Aviator? What is the world coming to?
    At freaking 119 AM?! WTH?

At freaking 119 AM?! WTH?
    There was a time period several lifetimes ago when the party was just getting started around then...

Midas Touch-Dogfish Head Brewing

"Off-centered ales for off-centered people" (I think I have their slogan correct.)

The final 2 ounce pour of the tasting. Color was light amber-yellow with a small head. Sweet, vinous nose and musty/vinous tastes with a hint of spice. Part of their Ancient Ales series from vessels from the 2700 year old Egyptian tomb of King Midas, it's kinda/sorta another hybrid made with muscat grapes, honey and saffron. The DFH rep stated IBUs near 0 (Their website lists 12) as he claims they use some old, dried up, flavorless, aromaless, oil-free hops for legal purposes so they can label it as beer and not have to call/market it as a mead, wine or braggot (). ABV is a dangerously sippable 9%. I think it's been 8-9 years since I've one of these and had almost forgotten how smooth and pleasant it was. Almost. It'd make a nice pairing with soft cheeses and a fruit plate.

Hospitali Tea-Unknown Brewing Company

Drink local/regional (Charlotte)!

My first 12 ounce can from my last beer club month 4 pack (I did re-up for another year. I hope they miscalculate like they did last year and give me 14 months for the price of 12, plus another nice glass just for asking, this time a kinda sexy 250 cl tulip with Golden Carolus on it.)

Pour was a slightly cloudy amber with a moderate beige head. Well, it is an amber ale . Aromas of tea (added), honey (added) and some herbal, earthy tones, too. Tastes are light caramel, very lightly sweetened tea and wheat toast. I'll guess IBUs of 20-30 (minimal bitterness) and ABV listed on the can at 5.6%. Pair with burgers, ribs or a deli sammich. As many of the beer club offerings have been, I'm happy to have tried one, wouldn't buy a litter and certainly worth a single or a draft.

Sun King released their annual Gen Con beer. This year it's Dragon's Delight. Belgian style golden ale. Grabbed a four pack on my way home from the store last night. Beautiful can design and wonderful flavor. Might have to grab a few more packs before it's too late.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Sun King released their annual Gen Con beer. This year it's Dragon's Delight. Belgian style golden ale. Grabbed a four pack on my way home from the store last night. Beautiful can design and wonderful flavor. Might have to grab a few more packs before it's too late.
    I'll PM you my mailing address.

ACC Football Power Rankings

But ranked by the quality of the best local brewery. Foothills and Wake top the list.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    But ranked by the quality of the best local brewery. Foothills and Wake top the list.
    I'll call shenanigans on that one. Duke/Fullsteam 5th with NCSU/Lonerider 4th?!?!

I'll pass on #2 and #3 as I've never tasted a product from either of those 2 breweries.

They have a Hardywood in Hooville and that could (should?) vault them to #1 very easily.

Nice find, sir.

I really like AMB (Appalachian Mountain Brewery) and have never visited before today.

A lot of new to me beers and cider (who knew?).

With the Love Ninja, two flights means 8 beers to try:

Berrylicious ( a well named cider)
    Southern Belle (a peach cider)
    Golden Nugget ( a Belgian Golden Strong style)
    Daniel's Double ( a DIPA)

Bad Motha Pucka ( cucumber berliner weisse?)
    Can I get one of those? (Citra and Simcoe)
    Calypso eclipso (Belgian IPA)
    Dr. Crime (Belgian Tripel style)

All are very tasty.

I think I will be adopting some for take home transport.

I'll call shenanigans on that one. Duke/Fullsteam 5th with NCSU/Lonerider 4th?!?!

I'll pass on #2 and #3 as I've never tasted a product from either of those 2 breweries.

They have a Hardywood in Hooville and that could (should?) vault them to #1 very easily.

Nice find, sir.
    Agree on great find.

I call BS on the whole list.

Ranking Lone Rider ahead of Raleigh Brewing is just one egregious example.

I know I am hugely biased, I'd probably go Raleigh 1, Durham 2.

Not calling out Sam Adams for BC is also a crime.

I really like AMB (Appalachian Mountain Brewery) and have never visited before today.

All are very tasty.

Fair trade. Leave first born, return with large quantity of new beers.

All are very tasty.

A second flight as the Love Ninja chose a full pint of the Southern Belle peach cider.

Mystic Dragon - strawberry rhubarb green tea cider

Holy moly was this cider incredible. Really sweet, which I normally would not like. Finishes like strawberries and cream in a VERY good way.

White Dot - session pale ale. Very nice.

Not an IPA - actually an IPA. In spite of the deliberately misleading name, another hit.

Spoaty Oaty - the beer I'd say AMB is known for, with good reason. Never had on draft before. So smooth!

Met Booneshine's brewer. That was cool.