Page 668 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 16856861865866666766866967067871876811681668 ... LastLast
Results 13,341 to 13,360 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    From Salisbury's finest (only?) brewery. This is the first beer I have had from this brewery, and the "Search Thread" function tells me that this is the first review of a beer from this brewery. New Sarum also distributes an IPA, a "robust" porter, and a blood orange wheat ale. I have a 12-ounce can of each of the first two, but not of the third.

In any case, this red ale is named after nearby High Rock Lake (a frequent kayaking location for us) and is quite tasty. Pours the expected reddish brown, with an off-white head. Nice nose with a hint of caramel, and a spiciness and maltiness that are really well balanced. ABV runs 6.0%, so a medium-gravity offering. I'd put the IBUs at maybe 40. They did a good job on this one, which makes me want to taste the others soon.
    Always enjoy a new beer/brewery review. Thanks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Today is the day my lady allows me a few NOLA brewery visits

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Today is the day my lady allows me a few NOLA brewery visits
    Are you being allowed to take notes?

Burial Keeper's Veil Honey Saison

Has the familiar musty aroma of a well made saison.

Finishes with a bit of a metallic and honeyed tang.

Really refreshing and easily drinkable.
    Some floral flavours mid palate.

Is Burial quietly(?) becoming the best beer in NC?

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    A case could certainly be made ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From Salisbury's finest (only?) brewery. This is the first beer I have had from this brewery, and the "Search Thread" function tells me that this is the first review of a beer from this brewery. New Sarum also distributes an IPA, a "robust" porter, and a blood orange wheat ale. I have a 12-ounce can of each of the first two, but not of the third.

In any case, this red ale is named after nearby High Rock Lake (a frequent kayaking location for us) and is quite tasty. Pours the expected reddish brown, with an off-white head. Nice nose with a hint of caramel, and a spiciness and maltiness that are really well balanced. ABV runs 6.0%, so a medium-gravity offering. I'd put the IBUs at maybe 40. They did a good job on this one, which makes me want to taste the others soon.
    I've read or heard something about New Sarum.
    I thought maybe they were at SN Beer Camp. They were not.

A case could certainly be made ...

Twelve or 22 ounce bottles?

Or courtroom?

Or both?

Doom (bottled on 4/25/17)-Founders Brewing Company

From the weekend.

A tip of the snifter to dpslaw if he's still reading here for this suggestion.

Pour was a 12 ounce bottle into a Founders snifter. Darn near perfect I might add . Two-fingered head and a slightly hazy golden-yellow color. Smells like a barleywine with some orange, zest, leather and a bit of tobacco. Tastes a bit like a barleywine, too, but it's not. There's grapefruit, more orange, oil, and wait, what else is coming through now? Is that vanilla and oak and bourbon? Why, yes, it is! It's not a barleywine. This is a bourbon barrel-aged imperial IPA. In fact, according to the Founder's rep last month at a Bottle Rev tasting, it's the old Double Trouble recipe, which I haven't had since 1/18/10, that's been sitting in booze barrels for a year or so. I'll guess 80 IBUs, superbly balanced with an ABV of 12.4%. Not cheap at about $4/12 ounce bottle but reasonably priced. I've got 3 more from my 4 pack awaiting decisions: aging? trading? tailgating? Hmmm...

We should submit this entire thread...

Burial Keeper's Veil Honey Saison

Has the familiar musty aroma of a well made saison.

Finishes with a bit of a metallic and honeyed tang.

Really refreshing and easily drinkable.
    Some floral flavours mid palate.

Perhaps...

Blade and Sheath-Burial Beer Company

Twelve ounce can from fuse last week. I owe you one. Well, I actually owe you five as I'm not replacing the Pumpkin Pie Porter .

A delicate beer can be delicious and this adds additional proof. Labeled as an American farmhouse ale, the pour was a bit of a hazy, straw color with a one inch, fizzy head. Nose of apples and pears and tastes of peaches, apricots, melons and a pinch of black pepper from Belgian yeasts. There's also a smidgen of funk here, too. IBUs at 30 and ABV at 6%. What a pleasant ale for a warm, humid summer evening. Would pair nicely with some soft cheeses and/or a plate of fresh fruit.

Many thanks for this inclusion!

Judging criteria:

Readability 25%
    Voice and style 25%
    Knowledge of subject/accuracy/factual content 20%
    Creativity/originality 15%
    Interest/newsworthiness 15%

Post #13350 was 6 words/8 syllables. It used the inclusive "we" to indicate friendliness and sociability, and perhaps even democratization, but the poster's output shows a tendency to dominating the conversation. The ambiguous emoticons and ellipses also obscure meaning, to a degree, thereby clouding intent. Nothing new was imparted or gleaned as far as beer knowledge. The style is what is known as late-1990s quick-hitting internet banter, still in vogue among some of a certain age.

Readability: 8/10
    Voice and style: 8/10
    Knowledge/accuracy: 0/10 (purely speculative, and not about the beer)
    Creativity: n/a
    Interest/newsworthiness: TBD based on Twitter retweets

The poster has demonstrated a willingness to give others beer, so the final score computes to, rounding down, 100% (A+).

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Judging criteria:

Readability 25%
    Voice and style 25%

Post #13350 was 6 words/8 syllables. It used the inclusive "we" to indicate friendliness and sociability, and perhaps even democratization, but the poster's output shows a tendency to dominating the conversation. The ambiguous emoticons and ellipses also obscure meaning, to a degree, thereby clouding intent. Nothing new was imparted or gleaned as far as beer knowledge. The style is what is known as late-1990s quick-hitting internet banter, still in vogue among some of a certain age.

The poster has demonstrated a willingness to give others beer, so the final score computes to, rounding down, 100% (A+).
    24.gif

I think.

Raspberry Tart-New Glarus Brewing Company

Always worthy of a review, no matter how often fuse or I consume one of these .

This one is worthy as it has now provoked a dilemma/issue/situation/concern/worry/major marital problem in the devildeac household: Mrs. dd has decided she likes this. A lot. And wanted more than half a champagne flute tonight . I promised her we'd share the remaining 375 ml of the 750 ml bottle tomorrow night. I may have to increase the size of the order to be delivered in early October . Yes, there will still be some room in the delivery vehicle for several varieties for fuse, too.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Raspberry Tart-New Glarus Brewing Company

Always worthy of a review, no matter how often fuse or I consume one of these .

This one is worthy as it has now provoked a dilemma/issue/situation/concern/worry/major marital problem in the devildeac household: Mrs. dd has decided she likes this. A lot. And wanted more than half a champagne flute tonight . I promised her we'd share the remaining 375 ml of the 750 ml bottle tomorrow night. I may have to increase the size of the order to be delivered in early October . Yes, there will still be some room in the delivery vehicle for several varieties for fuse, too.
    You should make your delivery service aware that New Glarus has started selling Raspberry Tart in 4 packs of 12 oz bottles. No need to share the big bombers.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Judging criteria:

Readability 25%
    Voice and style 25%

Outstanding, I read this with a big smile.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    You should make your delivery service aware that New Glarus has started selling Raspberry Tart in 4 packs of 12 oz bottles. No need to share the big bombers.
    They will be notified later today. Many thanks for the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    devildeac, allow me to share with you the story of the Maine vacation and lobster.

When I was around 8, and my younger brother, 4, my family would vacation in Maine.

The co-op would serve both lobster fresh off the boat as well as hot dogs.

Initially, we wanted nothing to do with the "monsters" (say it out loud along with lobster in a kids voice), and my dad kept encouraging us to try it and my mom kept telling him to stop.

Eventually we figured out we liked lobster and graduated from a (guessing) fifty cent hot dog to a two dollar lobster. My mom knew we'd eventually figure out we liked lobster and the per meal cost would go up.

Anyway, on topic, a 12 oz Raspberry Tart or Belgian Red would disappear very rapidly in our house. The two things that make it last is a combination of the large format (we share) and the scarcity.

If I had eight 12oz Raspberry Tarts instead of two large format bottles, they'd likely be gone in 4 days instead of in the fridge for a month or two.

I'm willing to test that theory upon acquiisition of a large shipment of Raspberry Tart in a variety of sizes.

devildeac, I'd empathize with your "problem" except I find drinking beer with company is much more fun. The downside for the Ymm, Beer community is I rarely post/take notes if I am with a group of friends.

Sat on the Sun King patio yesterday evening and had their Dubbel Vision. Outstanding brew, one of their bests. Easiest dubbel I've ever had to drink.

Memories...misty corners of my mind...

http://allaboutbeer.com/icehouse-ice-beer/