Page 55 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657651051555551055 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

ymm, beer

Need some more beer hits/tasters out there. Who is enjoying any fall specialty brews?

I am always looking at the neon signs in bar windows as I walk or drive by. Last night I saw one for Shock Top beer--it featured a cartoonish guy with his hair standing straight up. Has anyone partaken of this brew? I also like the sign that features a surf board with an obvious shark bite in it. Do not know anything about the beers, but their signs are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    I am always looking at the neon signs in bar windows as I walk or drive by. Last night I saw one for Shock Top beer--it featured a cartoonish guy with his hair standing straight up. Has anyone partaken of this brew? I also like the sign that features a surf board with an obvious shark bite in it. Do not know anything about the beers, but their signs are cool.
    Shock Top is AB's answer to Blue Moon, which has been a great success for Coors. I can't believe its taken them this long to come out with this beer (especially since it didn't take them long to respond to Miller Chill). Haven't had it yet.

ymm, beer

I've not tried it either. I've had some of the AB "micros" over the last few years and have been unimpressed. Most recently , Winter's Cask Ale, IIRC. Weak bourbon and weak vanilla notes in a weak ale. That one belongs in the "ycch, beer" thread.

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    Shock Top is AB's answer to Blue Moon, which has been a great success for Coors. I can't believe its taken them this long to come out with this beer (especially since it didn't take them long to respond to Miller Chill). Haven't had it yet.
    Considering it's an AB product, I'll let you try it 1st

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Considering it's an AB product, I'll let you try it 1st
    They've done a good job with their marketing. I see it advertised in 5280 (Denver's magazine) as "Colorado's new wheat beer" or something to that effect. I had to google it to see that it was an AB product and not a new local micro. Coors, on the other hand, doesn't try to hide its production of Blue Moon. I mean, it was first brewed at the brewery located in Coors Field and they make sure we know that.

ymm, beer

Eagerly awaiting some new tastings by rockymtn devil this weekend

I have 1 or 2 in the cellar that I have not reviewed before either.

My enjoyment of the beers may hinge on the success of the Blue Devils and Buckeyes tomorrow.

I'll probably get have a glass of the Beast tonight and should be able to post on it.

One week from today my wife and I leave for Ireland. Friends tell me I must try the various cider drinks, of course, they have also listed several pubs I must get to. Except for the flight, I am really eager.

Eagerly awaiting some new tastings by rockymtn devil this weekend

I have 1 or 2 in the cellar that I have not reviewed before either.
    I forgot that I also have a bottle of Raison D'Extra in the fridge. Maybe that will come tonight instead of the Beast.

Ohioguy, is cider big in Ireland? Sounds like a great trip. I really enjoyed the short time I spent in Dublin a few years back. Great city. And the countryside in Ireland is beautiful.

I forgot that I also have a bottle of Raison D'Extra in the fridge. Maybe that will come tonight instead of the Beast.

Ohioguy, is cider big in Ireland? Sounds like a great trip. I really enjoyed the short time I spent in Dublin a few years back. Great city. And the countryside in Ireland is beautiful.
    I do not know for certain about the cider, but a few of the people at a party with me tonight seemed to think it was a big thing there. They, of course, were a little under the effects of alcohol.

ymm, beer

I am REALLY interested to see/hear what you think of Raison D'Extra. It is a monster of a beer.

Dogfish Head--Raison D'Extra

I am REALLY interested to see/hear what you think of Raison D'Extra. It is a monster of a beer.
    Just finished a glass of the Raison D'Extra. For starters, let the beer warm up for a few minutes before you take a sip. Drinking it cold really is a waste of a very good beer. The beer is DFH's Raison D'Etre on steroids (both in terms of alcohol and raisins). The nose is full of dried fruit and caramel. Flavor follows suit but includes the strong bite of alcohol. Has a great warming effect that would make this a perfect apres-ski drink. The bottle doesn't give an ABV, but I'd guess between 15-20% with no attempt to hide it. The only complaint I'd have is that the alcohol flavor might be too much, as it gets in the way of the great fruit flavors.

This would actually be really good to drink side-by-side with The Beast, so I think I'll try to sample them together tomorrow.

May only interest me point: As indicated in previous posts, I like cool labels and this beer has one of my favorites. It's a C&W singer sitting on his stool with a guitar. Looks like Gene Autry. Very cool picture.

ymm, beer

Just finished a glass of the Raison D'Extra. For starters, let the beer warm up for a few minutes before you take a sip. Drinking it cold really is a waste of a very good beer. The beer is DFH's Raison D'Etre on steroids (both in terms of alcohol and raisins). The nose is full of dried fruit and caramel. Flavor follows suit but includes the strong bite of alcohol. Has a great warming effect that would make this a perfect apres-ski drink. The bottle doesn't give an ABV, but I'd guess between 15-20% with no attempt to hide it. The only complaint I'd have is that the alcohol flavor might be too much, as it gets in the way of the great fruit flavors.

This would actually be really good to drink side-by-side with The Beast, so I think I'll try to sample them together tomorrow.

May only interest me point: As indicated in previous posts, I like cool labels and this beer has one of my favorites. It's a C&W singer sitting on his stool with a guitar. Looks like Gene Autry. Very cool picture.
    I thought you'd like the D'Extra. I don't think I have had one for several years (ABV limit in NC is 15% after the Pop the Cap campaign several years ago) and I remember similar tastes. I look at their web site occasionally and I think the ABV is indeed about 15-20%.

ymm, beer

Tomorrow's review: Brooklyn Brewery Local 1-Why? 'cuz I'm exhausted after a brunchgate, a wonderful long day in the sun and lots of posting.

I just finished a bottle of Stone's Epic Vertical Ale 08. This is a hoppy American version of a Belgian Ale. Super yummy, hints of citrus and flowers, very fruity. It was really enjoyable after a semi-warm day, and a good companion while grilling out tonight. The bottle's story claims you should wait until December, 2012 (as with the rest in this series - it's supposed to rest for a while), but it was really yummy. Ymm beer!

Thumbs up Great Lakes Nosferatu Stock Ale

A stellar stock ale. Pours red, little if any head, low carbonation, slight smoky/citrus aroma, mild initial bitterness, increasing in bitterness (but not outrageous hoppiness), smooth end taste with slight alcohol end taste.

The taste is complex with its malts and hops; nothing tremendously outpowers another ingredient. This is a relaxing brew. I could imagine it going well with the right cheese, but frankly, this is a beautiful brew by itself.

Ymm, beer:

Would appreciate ohioguy2's review of this brew!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

P.S. devildeac has a few of these waiting for his next visit out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    A stellar stock ale. Pours red, little if any head, low carbonation, slight smoky/citrus aroma, mild initial bitterness, increasing in bitterness (but not outrageous hoppiness), smooth end taste with slight alcohol end taste.

The taste is complex with its malts and hops; nothing tremendously outpowers another ingredient. This is a relaxing brew. I could imagine it going well with the right cheese, but frankly, this is a beautiful brew by itself.

Ymm, beer:

Cheers,
    Lavabe

I will search for this brew after we return from the Emerald Isle. It sounds like something I would enjoy.

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post

Ymm, beer:

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Excellent. Will arrive Friday by 9 PM we hope, petro supplies pending.

ymm, beer

I will search for this brew after we return from the Emerald Isle. It sounds like something I would enjoy.
    What?! You came to NC and did not bring me any Ohio/Midwest/Northeast beer delicacies. (hope you had a wonderful trip)