Page 50 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Thumbs up Schlafly Raspberry Hefeweizen

Yes, I was supposed to wait for the gold medal game before sampling this, but well...

Nice seasonal from the St.Louis folks. Definitely light on the raspberry taste, paired nicely with the high quality wheat beer. I believe that the ABV is a slim 3.9, but tasted higher than what is printed. Delicate malt. Pretty, light color, good head.

Ymmm...

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by ohioguy2 View Post
    Yea for Fat Tire in a can. I have 6 more in the fridge. Well, 5 after tonight. I really think it is as good in a can or even better than it is in the bottle.
    Send some to NC!

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by Lavabe View Post
    Yes, I was supposed to wait for the gold medal game before sampling this, but well...

Nice seasonal from the St.Louis folks. Definitely light on the raspberry taste, paired nicely with the high quality wheat beer. I believe that the ABV is a slim 3.9, but tasted higher than what is printed. Delicate malt. Pretty, light color, good head.

Ymmm...
    Try the Leinie's Summer Wheat. If you liked this, I think you will be pleasantly surprised...

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Try the Leinie's Summer Wheat. If you liked this, I think you will be pleasantly surprised...
    Leinie's summer is fine on draught; to me it's alright in bottle. I find that a lot with wheat beers.

Found the Breckinridge Vanilla Porter. Tonight it's the Honker's Ale!

Any Clevelanders familiar with the Burning River Pale Ale?
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

ymm, beer

Leinie's summer is fine on draught; to me it's alright in bottle. I find that a lot with wheat beers.

Found the Breckinridge Vanilla Porter. Tonight it's the Honker's Ale!

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Why are you asking Clevelanders?

Seriously, I've had several of the Great Lakes products but probably about 10 years ago. That was a really good PA. The Commodore Perry IPA and the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter are also excellent.

ymm, beer

I know it's 5 AM and I know I'm "on call", but a fine hand crafted ale now would sure taste good and probably help me get back to sleep

Thumbs up Goose Island Honker's Ale

I know it's 5 AM and I know I'm "on call", but a fine hand crafted ale now would sure taste good and probably help me get back to sleep
    Well, this brew didn't put me to sleep. Then again, I was more concerned about a certain basketball game.

Nice hoppy bitterness, but the bitterness did not last long. The bitterness was followed quickly by a crisp, almost sweet brown ale taste. 5% ABV. Brown color out of the bottle.

A very nice, easy-to-drink ale for a summer night.

Weird note: the bottle cap said it was brewed in Chicago FL!

Ymmm, beer:

Cheers,
    Lavabe

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    Not a Clevelander (a Columbuser) but I love Burning River. Very hoppy pale ale (always a plus) and it has one of the funnier names of any beer. Great Lakes makes some fine beers.

ymm, beer

Well, this brew didn't put me to sleep. Then again, I was more concerned about a certain basketball game.

Nice hoppy bitterness, but the bitterness did not last long. The bitterness was followed quickly by a crisp, almost sweet brown ale taste. 5% ABV. Brown color out of the bottle.

A very nice, easy-to-drink ale for a summer night.

Weird note: the bottle cap said it was brewed in Chicago FL!

Ymmm, beer:

Cheers,
    Lavabe
    So, what was the beer? Honkers Ale or the Burning River Pale Ale? Inquiring taste buds want to know?

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by rockymtn devil View Post
    Not a Clevelander (a Columbuser) but I love Burning River. Very hoppy pale ale (always a plus) and it has one of the funnier names of any beer. Great Lakes makes some fine beers.
    See #985, too. It's good to hear that brewery is still around and producing quality ales. The Edmund Fitzgerald Porter is a cool name in addition to tasting great, too.

Smile

See #985, too. It's good to hear that brewery is still around and producing quality ales. The Edmund Fitzgerald Porter is a cool name in addition to tasting great, too.
    As I stated in my post title, I reviewed the Honkers. I will try Burning River next week, along with a chocolate brew by the Bison folks ... unless I run across another intriguing one at the rival brew location in town.

ymm, beer

As I stated in my post title, I reviewed the Honkers. I will try Burning River next week, along with a chocolate brew by the Bison folks ... unless I run across another intriguing one at the rival brew location in town.
    Never had any Bison brews though I have seen them around. Looking forward to your samplings and reviews.

ymm, beer

I have a special brew I would like to review for #1000 here and will try to do so tomorrow night. Any (serious) guesses?

I have a special brew I would like to review for #1000 here and will try to do so tomorrow night. Any (serious) guesses?
    Sorry devildeac, I couldn't possibly begin to think about trying to get ready to consider maybe taking a serious guess. But I did enjoy the Nová Paka Broucek at a co-ed baby shower this weekend. We were out in Lemon Grove and it was nasty hot with no shade, the Broucek went down really smooth and was a pleasant surprise at the bottom of the beer tub, especially for a baby shower!

Smile Guess

Any of the Millenium Ales out there by countless breweries? Did you really save one for just this situation?

I'm coming back into this thread, though I've missed the last 25 pages or so. I don't care to read through the whole thread, so forgive me a few repeats. Plus, this way, I can have the last post in something like 8 threads in a row.

Beer thought: My girlfriend brought me some Fat Tire back from Texas a few weeks ago and my brother drank most of it. Curses upon him.

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by 2535Miles View Post
    Sorry devildeac, I couldn't possibly begin to think about trying to get ready to consider maybe taking a serious guess. But I did enjoy the Nová Paka Broucek at a co-ed baby shower this weekend. We were out in Lemon Grove and it was nasty hot with no shade, the Broucek went down really smooth and was a pleasant surprise at the bottom of the beer tub, especially for a baby shower!
    No, that's not the one but it sounds tasty. I don't think I have ever heard of it before.

ymm, beer

Any of the Millenium Ales out there by countless breweries? Did you really save one for just this situation?
    That would have been one of my choices but I have never seen the Sam Adams Millenium. I believe it was a VERY limited release. I have had the Dominion Millenium Ale which is a barleywine but it has been several years and I don't remember that much about it. I don't recall any others.

Thumbs up

That would have been one of my choices but I have never seen the Sam Adams Millenium. I believe it was a VERY limited release. I have had the Dominion Millenium Ale which is a barleywine but it has been several years and I don't remember that much about it. I don't recall any others.
    When you come out to the new home in bluegrass country, bring credit card to burn. The geographical location of this place means the two big chains of beer stores offer diverse selections. I found a Kona Brewery product while investigating its neighbor, the Burning River brew.

Ymm...

ymm, beer

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    I'm coming back into this thread, though I've missed the last 25 pages or so. I don't care to read through the whole thread, so forgive me a few repeats. Plus, this way, I can have the last post in something like 8 threads in a row.

Beer thought: My girlfriend brought me some Fat Tire back from Texas a few weeks ago and my brother drank most of it. Curses upon him.
    No, it's not Fat Tire but that's a good thought. I believe rockymtn devil and/or ohioguy have reviewed that product both from the bottle AND in cans.