Page 295 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1952452852932942952962973053453957951295 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

I just received some heart breaking news. Asheville Brewing and Pizza does not deliver to the place I'm about to move to. No more delicious Ninja Porter or Shiva IPA deliveries with my pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    HA!

And have you two forgotten your long lost cousin in Asheville, Mattman? I've sadly never been to a game at Wally Wade...maybe Ricks and or Mountaindevil and I can drive down for a game and bring a nice bounty of Asheville ales!
    Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Never been to Wally Wade? Huh?? Let's set a date to get together, need to include TruBluBBQ! I'll bring an assortment and get there early (this time)
    About a half a dozen of us routinely gather at the TrueBlueCueCrew tent (at our own beer tasting table I might add) for 2-3 hours before each home game for a beer tasting. Rules are simple: bring a couple 12 ounce bottles or a bomber you can share with the others and no crap, just craft. PM me for a few other thoughts/ideas/principles.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I haven't been there for a game yet.

I'm definitely down for that! I have a cooler that is JUST big enough to hold all of the Green Man, Asheville Brewing, Highland, Hiwire, and perhaps some Wicked Weed?

Will there be an exhibition basketball game before or after one of the home October games?
    You wouldn't need to bring all those unless you had some trading in mind. Let me know and I can PM you the names of several of us who trade on a regular basis.

Road Warrior-Green Flash Brewing

For duketaylor:

"Our Imperial Rye IPA is brewed in the name of our Road Warriors—the sales team who tirelessly hit the streets, traveling from town to town and pub to pub sharing the Green Flash experience. Road Warrior™ charges full flavor forward. Columbus and Mosaic hops, rich crystal and spicy rye malts pave the way for Mosaic and Amarillo dry-hopping to boldly shine through in the finish. Raise a glass to those who never settle!"

My musings:

Surprisingly, this was an amber pour with a foamy, light cream-colored head. Aromas of orange peel, papaya, mango and pine with tastes of toasted rye bread, dark cherries and dark caramel. I generally am not a big fan of rye but I found this fascinating and flavorful and more complex as it warmed a bit during my 30 minute sipping of the 12 ounce portion from a pint glass. Rather hoppy at 80 IBUs but nicely balanced with 9% ABV. I generally would prefer a red wine with a brisket or steak but this might make a very nice combination. Worth another 12 ounce bottle (purchased as part of a mixed 6er with some birthday cash I received last month) but not sure I'd spend $3.50 for it.

Balashi Beer

In a 22cL green glass bottle that fooled no one (less than 8oz? C'mon!), what I would describe as a nice Heineken clone (Aruba/Dutch beer, green glass bottle- power of suggestion, anyone?).

It's best qualities were cold and in hand. Not a bad beer for the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    In a 22cL green glass bottle that fooled no one (less than 8oz? C'mon!), what I would describe as a nice Heineken clone (Aruba/Dutch beer, green glass bottle- power of suggestion, anyone?).

It's best qualities were cold and in hand. Not a bad beer for the beach.
    What, no lime?

I just received some heart breaking news. Asheville Brewing and Pizza does not deliver to the place I'm about to move to. No more delicious Ninja Porter or Shiva IPA deliveries with my pizza.
    A critical piece of homework prior to a future move. ;-)

Unusual/strange/unique/hard-to-find Belgian beer tonight from the "birthday collection" with our son.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    What, no lime?
    Had Balashi Chill with lunch today. No discernable difference between it and Balashi.

Still refreshing beach beer.

Consider raising a glass in memory of a dear friend and mentor of mine, Henry White, who lost his fight with prostate cancer.

If you feel so moved (tying this back to beer) there is a charity called pints for prostates to win the battle against prostate cancer. Supposedly 100% of men will get prostate cancer if you live long enough. Sometimes, it's slow and your life can run a normal course, other times it can be aggressive and change the course of your life.

Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Consider raising a glass in memory of a dear friend and mentor of mine, Henry White, who lost his fight with prostate cancer.

If you feel so moved (tying this back to beer) there is a charity called pints for prostates to win the battle against prostate cancer. Supposedly 100% of men will get prostate cancer if you live long enough. Sometimes, it's slow and your life can run a normal course, other times it can be aggressive and change the course of your life.

Thanks for reading!
    So sorry for your loss. Henry, this Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale is for you.

So my August Boston trip has turned into a Charleston SC trip...any beer suggestions?

So my August Boston trip has turned into a Charleston SC trip...any beer suggestions?
    Pack a cooler with beers from Buncombe County.

I've heard good things about Westbrook Brewing in Mount Pleasant but haven't had any of their beer yet as they have a pretty small distribution footprint. Their Mexican Cake imperial stout and Thai-style witbier sound really interesting. Since gose is now my new favorite beer style their plainly named Gose is also at the top of my want-to-try list. Appears that they have a tasting room open Tue-Sat.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Further reading on the Westbrook website also suggests that Charleston Beer Exchange might be a pretty awesome bar
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

So sorry for your loss. Henry, this Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale is for you.
    Couldn't spork you- thanks mattman91!

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    Further reading on the Westbrook website also suggests that Charleston Beer Exchange might be a pretty awesome bar
    Thanks!

I couldn't spork you, but I appreciate the suggestions.

Polar Venezuelan Pilsner

Poured from a very cute 8oz can.

So named because I'm pretty sure you want to drink it ice cold to mask the lack of flavour.

4.5%, another beachside brew.

Avoid RJ Rockers and the rest should take care of itself.
    I'm pretty sure SC is fighting hard to establish a beer scene and are a few years behind the rest of the US.

There are two TBonz locations in Charleston. They evidently serve beer that is brewed in either Myrtle Beach, SC or Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery in High Point, NC. I am familiar with the High Point Liberty's which prominently features the beer-making apperatus behind glass in the bar area. Their menu touts Gold, Silver and Bronze medals won by several of their beers entered in the Carolinas Championship of Beer, whatever that is, and for various years, including 2013.

I haven't been to the Liberty Steakhouse and Brewery in several years, but thoroughly enjoyed the Deep River Wheat and Nut Brown Ale when I was a semi-regular. Here is a menu which includes descriptions of their various offerings:

http://www.libertysteakhouseandbrewe..._HighPoint.pdf

I know of the connection of these locations from eating (and drinking!) at the TBonz that was located on Sullivan's Island. That one is apparently not open anymore.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!