Page 212 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 1121622022102112122132142222623127121212 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

As a now moderate beer-drinking person, I haven't posted to this venerable thread.

But outrage abides. Since when do Miller and Coors sponsor a craft beer night at a major league baseball game? The concept is just so wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    As a now moderate beer-drinking person, I haven't posted to this venerable thread.

But outrage abides. Since when do Miller and Coors sponsor a craft beer night at a major league baseball game? The concept is just so wrong.
    Did you mean crap beer night?

Venerable? You must have this confused with The Longest Thread Ever.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

DFH Punk'n

On draft at Tyler's. If there is a finer pumpkin beer, I've yet to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Being on draft makes it even more enticing (or should that be enspicing)?

I like Cottonwood from Foothills pretty good. O
    r if you wanna get schwasted Pumking by Southern Tier will do the trick

Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin Ale from Uinta is pretty tasty.

As is the Imperial Pumpkin from Weyerbacher.

From December, 2012:

Oak Jacked Imperial Pumpkin-Uinta Brewing

This is another for fuse to add to his "great pumpkin " list along with Punk'n, Pumpking and the Weyerbacher brew. I split a caged and corked 750 ml bottle of this with my son this afternoon during a lunch of half a mixed green/raisin/craisin/feta/walnut/pumpkin seed salad, butternut squash soup and 1/2 a club sandwich and it was a very nice combination. Poured a clear, medium brown with a burst of nutmeg on first scent and taste, followed by a bit of cinnamon, clove and vanilla, most likely from the oak aging. I swear I tasted hints of bourbon, too, but no mention made on the bottle or on the web site about this. Somewhat sweet brew but not surprising given the pumpkin and high gravity with an ABV of a stunning 10.31%. Little hop presence with an IBU of 39. Could be a breakfast brew on Christmas day with some pastries or served with your lunch or dinner or as a dessert beer. Not sure of the cost as this was his treat but I'd guess at least $10 and perhaps closer to $15 considering the ABV and oak aging. Worth a splurge/tasting and certainly one I'd add to my list of top tier pumpkin brews.

And, from November, 2012, I doubt you have forgotten this one:

Imperial Pumpkin Ale-Weyerbacher Brewing

From the brewer: "It is heartier, spicier, and more “caramelly” and “pumpkiny” than its faint brethren!" Apt description. This is what sets it apart from the cornucopia of other pumpkin brews on the market. I can understand why all the spices added could dissuade one from drinking this brew, but that's why the "imperial" title. More malt for a richer, smoother beverage. Poured a slightly cloudy pumpkin color (d'oh!) with a modest head. The aromas of your family's leftover pumpkin pie during the fall/winter holidays tempt your olfactory lobes and tantalize your taste buds. Low on the IBU, guessing about 30 and high on the ABV at 8%, this would be a nice liquid dessert or accompany your slice of pie on a cool autumn evening. Heck, skip the whipped cream on your pie and serve it on top of your beer!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I like Cottonwood from Foothills pretty good. O
    r if you wanna get schwasted Pumking by Southern Tier will do the trick
    Funny - I saw this thread toward the top today, and thought "I wonder if anyone's talking pumpkin beer in there yet?" I just had my first Southern Tier Pumking last weekend, and it lives up to the considerable hype, in my opinion. 8% ABV is pretty heavy, so a 22 oz. bottle is plenty for an evening, but there is some serious complexity to the flavor, and the fresh baked pumpkin bread aroma is amazing.

Also, if ever you find yourselves in KC or St. Louis in the fall, look for O'Fallon's Pumpkin Ale on tap. I stumbled across it last October while down there, and, while my impressions may have been colored by all the 'cue and previous beers in my belly (perhaps Throaty's got a more clearheaded opinion on this), it struck me as the best I'd had to date. Actually pumpkin-y, rather than tasting overly sweet or just like a regular ale with a bunch of nutmeg and cloves thrown in, like a lot of the bigger production pumpkin beers tend to be. Don't think they sell outside of Mizzou.

Hoppy Bunny ABA-Duck Rabbit Brewing

Black IPA meet stout. These folks from Farmville, NC, who brew some very good session ales and some excellent high gravity ales, seriously need to update their website. They have four session brews listed and described and none of their specialty beverages. Had to go snooping around ratebeer for some info. Apparently this has 8 hops and the Chinook variety are largest entry into the brew. Poured as black as a stout with a smallish tan head with a very roasty and piney nose. Tastes are a bit of citrus, a pinch of resin and a whole lot of cocoa and coffee. Very smooth mouthfeel and finish. I'd guess this is about 50 IBU and the ABV on the bottle is 7.3%, both of which are fairly standard for an IPA but on the hefty sides for a standard stout. I have one left from my 6er from 2-3 weeks ago and I'm putting fuse's name on it for a upcoming trading session.

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    Funny - I saw this thread toward the top today, and thought "I wonder if anyone's talking pumpkin beer in there yet?" I just had my first Southern Tier Pumking last weekend, and it lives up to the considerable hype, in my opinion. 8% ABV is pretty heavy, so a 22 oz. bottle is plenty for an evening, but there is some serious complexity to the flavor, and the fresh baked pumpkin bread aroma is amazing.

Also, if ever you find yourselves in KC or St. Louis in the fall, look for O'Fallon's Pumpkin Ale on tap. I stumbled across it last October while down there, and, while my impressions may have been colored by all the 'cue and previous beers in my belly (perhaps Throaty's got a more clearheaded opinion on this), it struck me as the best I'd had to date. Actually pumpkin-y, rather than tasting overly sweet or just like a regular ale with a bunch of nutmeg and cloves thrown in, like a lot of the bigger production pumpkin beers tend to be. Don't think they sell outside of Mizzou.
    I've had several of the bottled O'Fallon products like Wheach and Hemp, Hop and Rye but never their pumpkin brew. And, IIRC, found them at The Liquor Barn in Lexington, Kentucky a couple years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    From December, 2012:

This is another for fuse to add to his "great pumpkin " list along with Punk'n, Pumpking and the Weyerbacher brew. I split a caged and corked 750 ml bottle of this with my son this afternoon during a lunch of half a mixed green/raisin/craisin/feta/walnut/pumpkin seed salad, butternut squash soup and 1/2 a club sandwich and it was a very nice combination. Poured a clear, medium brown with a burst of nutmeg on first scent and taste, followed by a bit of cinnamon, clove and vanilla, most likely from the oak aging. I swear I tasted hints of bourbon, too, but no mention made on the bottle or on the web site about this. Somewhat sweet brew but not surprising given the pumpkin and high gravity with an ABV of a stunning 10.31%. Little hop presence with an IBU of 39. Could be a breakfast brew on Christmas day with some pastries or served with your lunch or dinner or as a dessert beer. Not sure of the cost as this was his treat but I'd guess at least $10 and perhaps closer to $15 considering the ABV and oak aging. Worth a splurge/tasting and certainly one I'd add to my list of top tier pumpkin brews.
    I'll have to keep my eyes open for this one, I don't think I've ever seen it but Uinta makes nice beers.
    Weyerbacher is a perennial favorite. Southern Tier is a great beer but too much for me- I need 2-4 people to split it with, very intense.

Hoppy Bunny ABA-Duck Rabbit Brewing

Black IPA meet stout. These folks from Farmville, NC, who brew some very good session ales and some excellent high gravity ales, seriously need to update their website. They have four session brews listed and described and none of their specialty beverages. Had to go snooping around ratebeer for some info. Apparently this has 8 hops and the Chinook variety are largest entry into the brew. Poured as black as a stout with a smallish tan head with a very roasty and piney nose. Tastes are a bit of citrus, a pinch of resin and a whole lot of cocoa and coffee. Very smooth mouthfeel and finish. I'd guess this is about 50 IBU and the ABV on the bottle is 7.3%, both of which are fairly standard for an IPA but on the hefty sides for a standard stout. I have one left from my 6er from 2-3 weeks ago and I'm putting fuse's name on it for a upcoming trading session.
    This one holds a special place in my heart as the centerpiece pairing with shortribs for a milestone birthday I celebrated a couple years ago. Duck Rabbit is a very underrated brewery, but I think some of that has to do with their focus on dark styles. I think all their beers are pretty approachable and well crafted. I'm about ready to open the Duck Rabbit Dopplebock I have in the fridge.

From December, 2012:

I agree..this is one of the best pumpkin beers I have tried. Haven't seen it yet this year but will definitely grab a bottle when I do. A family member also picked up a 6 pack of Schlafly pumpkin in his travels which they don't distribute around here but I'm looking forward to trying..

This one holds a special place in my heart as the centerpiece pairing with shortribs for a milestone birthday I celebrated a couple years ago. Duck Rabbit is a very underrated brewery, but I think some of that has to do with their focus on dark styles. I think all their beers are pretty approachable and well crafted. I'm about ready to open the Duck Rabbit Dopplebock I have in the fridge.
    My son claimed the last Dopplebock of the litter last weekend but had too many beers already to carry back with him so I am guarding it until next weekend when he returns for another visit. I'm not sure he trusts me...

what the...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...er-in-your-gut.

auto brewery syndrome... that's a new one. This is incredibly strange.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/201...er-in-your-gut.

auto brewery syndrome... that's a new one. This is incredibly strange.
    Fascinating. Wonder if he was self-fermenting pale ales, IPAs or imperial stouts?

Fascinating. Wonder if he was self-fermenting pale ales, IPAs or imperial stouts?
    There are a lot of college students that would sign up for auto-brewery syndrome during their tenure...

There are a lot of college students that would sign up for auto-brewery syndrome during their tenure...
    Maybe the highlighted should be changed to DID.

Puts new meaning to the term "Beer Gut". HA!