Page 125 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 25751151231241251261271351752256251125 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,500 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

County Grill and Smokehouse

And, if you wander up to the Virginia Peninsula, the County Grill has 14 rotating microbrew taps (and, inexplicably, Bub Light) as well as an interesting assortment of bottles. They also have the best wings I've ever had and fantastic ribs, pulled pork and barbecue shrimp. We had our wedding there last May followed by a barbecue buffet. It was the social event of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    And, if you wander up to the Virginia Peninsula, the County Grill has 14 rotating microbrew taps (and, inexplicably, Bub Light) as well as an interesting assortment of bottles. They also have the best wings I've ever had and fantastic ribs, pulled pork and barbecue shrimp. We had our wedding there last May followed by a barbecue buffet. It was the social event of the season!
    They have Bud Light to attract Ozzie and his large entourage and following.

Quote Originally Posted by ArnieMc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    They have Bud Light to attract Ozzie and his large entourage and following.
    And budlite belongs in the Ycch, beer thread.

Shiner?

If previously discussed, please forgive my failure to read the prior 60+ pages, but what's the Board's consensus on the Shiner brews? I've only had the Bock and the Hefeweizen, but I generally grab one when it's available. Curious to hear yall's thoughts...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    If previously discussed, please forgive my failure to read the prior 60+ pages, but what's the Board's consensus on the Shiner brews? I've only had the Bock and the Hefeweizen, but I generally grab one when it's available. Curious to hear yall's thoughts...
    I have only tasted the bock and that was several years ago. There are many other bocks I would enjoy more than Shiner. And Michelob is not one of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt View Post
    Shiner Bock's plenty tasty, but I've never tried any of their others due to lack of availabliity.
    The Gordog

Quote Originally Posted by The Gordog View Post
    Shiner Bock's plenty tasty, but I've never tried any of their others due to lack of availabliity.
    If you go to any of the Total Wine stores in your area in March/April, I'd bet you find several choices from mid-Atlantic brewers and even some from the Midwest and NE brewers. Double/imperial bocks are more commonly found from November thru February.

I like Shiner. My favorite is their Holiday Cheer followed by the Black lager.

Pyramid's seasonal winter ale - Snowcap - has been a personal favorite of mine. I have fond memories of drinking Snowcaps in the cheap seats at Key Arena (when the beer was, in fact, more expensive than the tickets).
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Pyramid's seasonal winter ale - Snowcap - has been a personal favorite of mine. I have fond memories of drinking Snowcaps in the cheap seats at Key Arena (when the beer was, in fact, more expensive than the tickets).
    That along with Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada, Wassail Ale from Full Sail and Ebenezer Ale From Bridgeport, for you west coasters out there. The Celebration is an IPA and the others are rich, dark brown ales or porters that are a tad on the light side.

Used the search tread tool but couldn't find anything on these guys.

I've been drinking waayy to much of the Dark Cloud. It entered my top 10 of all time after the first bottle. Had a chance to sample the bourbon barrel tripel - unreal. Good things are coming from Kinston!

Quote Originally Posted by pamtar View Post

I've been drinking waayy to much of the Dark Cloud. It entered my top 10 of all time after the first bottle. Had a chance to sample the bourbon barrel tripel - unreal. Good things are coming from Kinston!
    Relatively new brewery and this thread has been dormant for about 16 months. Try this review:

Mother Earth Brewing (Kinston, NC)-Sisters of the Moon IPA-draft tasting at The Pit a couple weeks ago. A nicely hopped IPA with a bit of grapefruit and a bit of spruce tastes. Good malty balance in a golden, clean pour. I only had an ounce or so but thought it would be a good choice with the chopped 'cue, the beef brisket and the fried chicken. I'd guess the IBU to be 60-70 and the ABV was 6.1%. Note: CB&B-you may wanna see what this brewery has on your way through Kinston some time when you are heading to the Triangle. Hey, 8-x could stop by on his way to/from G-ville, too.

If you ever find a 4 pack of the bourbon barrel tripel, buy it. I'll get it from you somehow or CB&B will pick it up for me or CathyCA can get it.

Or, try this review:

Tripel Overhead-Mother Earth Brewing

A new brewery in Kinston, NC, and, so far, I have liked what I have sampled. I had a sip or two of their IPA several months ago and then Cathy's reject ( ) Endless River, their kolsch-style ale. This brew is pretty representative of a Belgian style triple/tripel ale. It is a cloudy orange-amber in color with a wonderful nose of orange zest. There is a hint of pepper and I think some coriander, too. I'm guessing the IBU about 30 and the ABV is a fairly standard 9% but not really boozey. I'd have this with a plate of fresh fruit before dinner, with some fish and pineapple salsa for dinner or in a snifter after dinner with or without a fruit tart. CB&B got one of these in his trader so he's up next . :whistle: :-w

On their web site, they also list this as a bourbon barrel aged limited release. I'd love to find a 4 pack of this and share the love with a couple other folks, too.

Or even this review:

Endless River-Mother Earth Brewing

I honestly don't have much to add to Cathy's very well written review. I will quibble with the bitterness description. It is a kolsch and is probably one of the least bitter of all beer styles. I'd guess this has an IBU rating of about 10. Much less and it would be convenience/grocery store beer and approaching budlite status. This is another brew that would be enjoyable with a plate of fruit or a mild grilled fish with a little bit of pineapple or mango salsa. Or, on your porch on a hot summer's eve.

Haven't had the Dark Cloud. That will be next on my list.

Thanks for the all suggestions. I'm looking forward to trying some of these in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by TampaDuke View Post
    Thanks for the all suggestions. I'm looking forward to trying some of these in the next few months.
    I'll have several more suggestions after Brunchgate tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    That along with Celebration Ale from Sierra Nevada, Wassail Ale from Full Sail and Ebenezer Ale From Bridgeport, for you west coasters out there. The Celebration is an IPA and the others are rich, dark brown ales or porters that are a tad on the light side.
    Also thought I'd add Sierra Nevada's Tumbler to this list. Not sure how much longer it will be available/fresh (and I'm not sure how available it is on the other coast), but it is one of my favorite seasonals Sierra has produced in years.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Also thought I'd add Sierra Nevada's Tumbler to this list. Not sure how much longer it will be available/fresh (and I'm not sure how available it is on the other coast), but it is one of my favorite seasonals Sierra has produced in years.
    Good choice, too. I was listing more winter seasonals and not fall seasonals. Toss in a good pumpkin ale or two for the fall. I liked Hoptoberfest this fall, also. I don't drink many Octoberfests. Too many on the shelves and it's actually a Marzen-type lager.