Page 773 of 822 FirstFirst ... 273673723763771772773774775783 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,460 of 16428

Thread: Ymm, Beer

  1. #15441
    Sadly have consumed my last Westbrook Key Lime gose.

    Wow, it was good while it lasted.
    Salty, sweet and tart without the over the top punch in the face some goses pack.

  2. #15442
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Hint taken.
    We'll be passing through W-S on Friday 4/27 on our way to Columbus, IN via Lexington, KY and returning from Columbus, OH through the same zip code on Monday 4/30. Likely won't have time to play any ten pin but would certainly make time to transact some ale business .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  3. #15443
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Have a Kentucky Breakfast Stout waiting for me whenever I get home

  4. #15444
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Have a Kentucky Breakfast Stout waiting for me whenever I get home
    A rare find. I have one I never drank from several years ago and was lucky enough to get a couple of the 2017 version.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  5. #15445
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    A rare find. I have one I never drank from several years ago and was lucky enough to get a couple of the 2017 version.
    A friend brought me a bottle this weekend. They had some at the liquor store down the street, about $30 for a 4 pack. I didn't spring for it, because I knew I was already getting a bottle.

    Have a friend visiting from Spain next month. Might make a weekend drive to 3 Floyd's so I'm stocked up whenever he arrives.

  6. #15446
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    A friend brought me a bottle this weekend. They had some at the liquor store down the street, about $30 for a 4 pack. I didn't spring for it, because I knew I was already getting a bottle.

    Have a friend visiting from Spain next month. Might make a weekend drive to 3 Floyd's so I'm stocked up whenever he arrives.
    Interesting. The time we stopped at FFF and the several (many?) times I've perused their website, it almost always appears that a good local craft beer store will have a better selection than the brewery. Usually $1-2 more per bomber or 6er but still better selections than they claim at their "to go" shop.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  7. #15447
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    We'll be passing through W-S on Friday 4/27 on our way to Columbus, IN via Lexington, KY and returning from Columbus, OH through the same zip code on Monday 4/30. Likely won't have time to play any ten pin but would certainly make time to transact some ale business .
    Let me know further details & perhaps a drop-off can be arranged, as I now have a bottle of Dead & Berried with your name on it. The kind bartender actually allowed me to have a small taste of the draft, and it is exactly what you would expect from a Foothills imperial stout.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  8. #15448
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Let me know further details & perhaps a drop-off can be arranged, as I now have a bottle of Dead & Berried with your name on it. The kind bartender actually allowed me to have a small taste of the draft, and it is exactly what you would expect from a Foothills imperial stout.
    Further communication forthcoming next couple days. And, of course, many thanks.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  9. #15449
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN.
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Interesting. The time we stopped at FFF and the several (many?) times I've perused their website, it almost always appears that a good local craft beer store will have a better selection than the brewery. Usually $1-2 more per bomber or 6er but still better selections than they claim at their "to go" shop.
    I plan on going to a craft store as well, but there are several beers that you can only get at the brewery. Also doesn't hurt that I've been looking for another reason to make a trip

  10. #15450
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    I plan on going to a craft store as well, but there are several beers that you can only get at the brewery. Also doesn't hurt that I've been looking for another reason to make a trip
    Very sound thinking.

    Good luck.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  11. #15451
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    From 6/27/17:

    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    All Day IPA-Founders Brewing

    Two ounce canned sample from the local Founders beer rep.

    Pour was a yellow-gold with a small head. Simcoe and Amarillo hops impart (some) grapefruit and (more) pine to the aromas and tastes. IBUs of 42 and ABV of 4.7%. Why not label it a pale ale? Not bad, but I prefer the "real thing."
    From last PM:

    All Day IPA (19.2 stovepipe can -dated 2/28/18)-Founders Brewing

    This was beer #2 from my April beer club 4 pack.

    Upon further review, there might be a bit more citrus (grapefruit and orange) and rind in the canned version but there's still a lot of piney/resin tastes for a session IPA. Probably picking nits here, but, I'd still prefer an standard IPA, though one with more tropical and/or citrus-y and juicy tastes than piney/resinous ones. Still a very good beer.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  12. #15452
    RBC NEIPA

    As you’d expect, super hazy, juicy fruity.
    True to style.

    I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Clown Needs the Clown Flanders Red sour

    Oh, so good. Rich, tart, amazing.
    I think my first from this brewery (perhaps not).

    If you like the Flanders Red style, this is a winner.

  13. #15453
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Asheville
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    RBC NEIPA

    As you’d expect, super hazy, juicy fruity.
    True to style.

    I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Clown Needs the Clown Flanders Red sour

    Oh, so good. Rich, tart, amazing.
    I think my first from this brewery (perhaps not).

    If you like the Flanders Red style, this is a winner.
    I had the "wanker" Clown Flanders Red this weekend at a brewpub that shall not be named. I agree, tasty beer.
    2015 DBR Rosterbation Champion

  14. #15454

  15. #15455
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Great find. Now maybe mattman will know what the hype is.

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  16. #15456
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    RBC NEIPA

    As you’d expect, super hazy, juicy fruity.
    True to style.

    I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. Clown Needs the Clown Flanders Red sour

    Oh, so good. Rich, tart, amazing.
    I think my first from this brewery (perhaps not).

    If you like the Flanders Red style, this is a winner.
    LOL. At least my phone didn't wankerize your text.

    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  17. #15457
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    April is NC Beer Month. For the NC visitors/residents/readers/sippers here, name your 5 favorite NC craft breweries.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  18. #15458
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    April is NC Beer Month. For the NC visitors/residents/readers/sippers here, name your 5 favorite NC craft breweries.
    No order:

    Foothills
    Haw River
    Burial
    Mystery
    NoDa
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

  19. #15459
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    April is NC Beer Month. For the NC visitors/residents/readers/sippers here, name your 5 favorite NC craft breweries.
    Just five?????

    Fullsteam
    Raleigh Brewing Company
    Haw River
    Bond Brothers
    Mother Earth

    NoDa
    Burial
    Booneshine
    Lost Province (do brewpubs count?)

    Brueprint and Southern Peak, for hyperlocality.

    I feel like I am short changing so many amazing breweries.

    A special shout out to Weeping Radish and Carolina Brewery for being the first craft brewpubs in the area.

  20. #15460
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    April is NC Beer Month. For the NC visitors/residents/readers/sippers here, name your 5 favorite NC craft breweries.
    Anyone who says Frog Level is permanently cast into the Yechh, Beer thread

Similar Threads

  1. Ycch, Beer!
    By DevilAlumna in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: 12-14-2017, 06:49 PM
  2. Who would you most want to have a beer with?
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-23-2012, 01:22 PM
  3. Beer League
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:43 AM
  4. Beer Question of Yore
    By EarlJam in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-22-2008, 05:07 PM
  5. Best Beer Commerical Ever!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 05:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •