Page 525 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 2542547551552352452552652753557562510251525 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,500 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    And another response:
    I'll stop now as I've run out of old Alltech/Lexington responses/posts/reviews.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Mountain beer

Appalachian Mountain Brewing's Spoaty Oaty pale ale > Uinta's Hop Nosh

That is all ....
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Any chance this gets released again this year?

beer_243265.jpg

I've got a patient who plays Santa Claus at various functions during the holiday season in the area and he might like some of this. I'd be happy to be his beer reindeer.

Hmmm, it's fall now...

http://www.newbelgium.com/community/...en-jerry's

tl-horizontal_main.jpg

Making my list and checking it twice. Just in case...

Or maybe hoping for a case. Or at least a 6 pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Appalachian Mountain Brewing's Spoaty Oaty pale ale > Uinta's Hop Nosh

That is all ...
    I like AMB beer.
    Not a challenge, intent is curiosity.

What made it better than Uinta Hop Nosh?
    Uinta makes some pretty darn good beer.

Any chance this gets released again this year?

beer_243265.jpg

I've got a patient who plays Santa Claus at various functions during the holiday season in the area and he might like some of this. I'd be happy to be his beer reindeer.
    Tylers Apex is having Stout day on Saturday, which will include Foothills Sexual Chocolate and Wicked Weed French Toast Stout (which I have been wanting to try).

I still want to find a bottle of Wicked Weed Old Fashioned.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Tylers Apex is having Stout day on Saturday, which will include Foothills Sexual Chocolate and Wicked Weed French Toast Stout (which I have been wanting to try).

I still want to find a bottle of Wicked Weed Old Fashioned.
    I saw it at Bottle Rev last month but didn't pull the trigger, Midwest Beer Odyssey and all that . I'll likely visit today to pick up my October beer club assortment and I'll pick up one for you if they have it.

Hmmm, Saturday stout day. Mrs. dd's flight is due in at 440 PM on Saturday. You may have dinner guests if we take a roundabout way home from RDU...

What a great time to be alive

http://www.sfgate.com/business/artic...o-10303218.php
    Road beer!

They've got their priorities straight with their first delivery (nevermind the brand)

I like AMB beer.
    Not a challenge, intent is curiosity.

What made it better than Uinta Hop Nosh?
    Uinta makes some pretty darn good beer.
    You might say I prefer apples to oranges.

Seriously, they are different styles, and my post was not intended to say I disliked the Hop Nosh. But the AMB (which I drank first) struck me as more flavorful, and more likable to my taste preferences, than the Uinta. The Hop Nosh was the "darker" beer, both in color and in taste profile, with the Spoaty being more citrusy in flavor. I was surprised by how much better I liked it in a very random, totally unplanned side-by-side of pale ale/IPA styles.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Fuse, the French Toast Stout from WW is great. I prefer it over the Milk and Cookies.

On the outer banks at Ocracoke - always interested to check their beer selection. Several places with Foothill on tap, lots of New Belguim on tap. Several years ago in December I was elated to find Cold Mountain (Highland) on tap a month after it was impossible to find in Asheville. Mostly Yingluing, Bud, etc... a few places have Bell's and others in bottles. Also of note - a brewery is set to open here in Spring. Not sure if there's enough interest to support it, but I will certainly check it out next go round.
    Last edited by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15; 10-26-2016 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Autocorrect is my kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    On the outer banks at Ocracoke - always interested to check their beer selection. Several places with Foothill on tap, lots of New Belguim on tap. Several years ago in December I was elated to find Cold Mountain (Highland) on tap a month after it was impossible to find in Asheville. Mostly Yingluing, Bud, etc... a few places have Bell's and others in bottles. Also of note - a brewery is set to open here in Spring. Not sure if there's enough interest to support it, but I will certainly check it out next go round.
    Is Weeping Radish still in business?

(not that I'd suggest visiting there )

Is Weeping Radish still in business?

(not that I'd suggest visiting there )
    If it is on Ocracoke, then no.

This is the end of "the season" here, which is why we enjoy it. We get a few days of most things being open, then a few days of empty beaches and awesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    If it is on Ocracoke, then no.

This is the end of "the season" here, which is why we enjoy it. We get a few days of most things being open, then a few days of empty beaches and awesomeness.
    They relocated from Derm to Manteo (perhaps) about 20 years ago, IIRC.

3 Floyds night on deck...

Sampled Blue Mountain Barrel House (?) Spooky, a chocolate pumpkin bourbon barrel aged porter that was incredible.

Started with Avery Kaiser imperial octoberfest (excellent), and tried Nitro Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and White Rabbit Tea Party Bourbon Vanilla porter.

Just a lucky dinner guest tonight. Fun beers worth finding.

Sampled Blue Mountain Barrel House (?) Spooky, a chocolate pumpkin bourbon barrel aged porter that was incredible.

Started with Avery Kaiser imperial octoberfest (excellent), and tried Nitro Breckenridge Vanilla Porter and White Rabbit Tea Party Bourbon Vanilla porter.

Just a lucky dinner guest tonight. Fun beers worth finding.
    Ha! I thought Spooky sounded familiar:

From 9/27/15:

#3 from Thursday night:

Spooky (draft)-Blue Mountain Brewing

From their barrel house in Arrington, VA, this un-spiced (they make it very clear in their draft list), amber ale has a smallish head and a woody, pumpkin-y, whiskey-ish bouquet. Tastes are mild pumpkin with a moderate boozey finish. I'll guess IBUs about 20-30 and the ABV is listed at 8.3%, IIRC as I didnt' pilfer one of their tasting lists. I'd serve this with pumpkin/butternut squash soups or souffles, sweet potato dishes or any pumpkin-based desserts/pastries/breads. I wouldn't buy a $10-15 bomber of this but would gladly try/sample again.

Sounds like they changed the recipe a bit since I sampled it.

Gumballhead-3 Floyds

Not your traditional weizenbier auf Deutschland but an American style wheat beer with their red wheat and proprietary hops blend (from the bottle) but boatloads of Amarillo hops claimed from their website . Poured a chill-hazed golden yellow with a modest, fluffy head. Nose of citrus and tastes of flowers and lemons, not banana, clove and orange like a lot of wheat ales. A bit hoppy for a wheat beer at 35 IBUs, which turned our younger daughter off just a bit, and the ABV perhaps a shade high at 5.6% for the style. I thought this very refreshing and distinctive and would find it very pleasant with a grilled chicken sammich on a Kaiser roll with a slice of mild cheddar, a slice of fresh tomato, a few shreds of lettuce and a side of pasta salad or a fruit cup.

Robert the Bruce-3 Floyds

Their very good version of a Scottish-style ale. Pour was a dark brown, about middling between a brown ale and a porter, and topped with a creamy, light tan head. Earthy, herbal aromas and dark caramel, milk chocolate and toffee tastes with very mild hop presence. Mild on the bitterness scale with only 24 IBUs with a fairly standard ABV of 6.5%. So many entrees would pair well with this including tenderloins of pork or beef off the grill and traditional English/Scottish fare.