Page 719 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 21961966970971771871972072172976981912191719 ... LastLast
Results 14,361 to 14,380 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Hiwire Sour Pumpkin Ale

A very generous gift from grad_devil with an assist on delivery from devildeac.

What a label- brewed with local Rayburn farm roasted delicata pumpkins, connamon basil, and blue ginger.

Pours really dark, rich head.
    Super pungent sour nose, with other scents I pick up and cannot name.

Packs a sour wallop up front, followed by a thick wave of pumpkin mid palate, with a sour and spicy ginger finish.

I find myself wishing I knew what cinnamon basil and blue ginger tasted like independent of ingredients in this amazing beer.

Thank you grad_devil and devildeac!!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Hoppy Hoppy Night IPA a 7.0 percent hazy IPA by Belching Beaver out of Oceanside, CA.

Known for its peanut butter stout, Belching Beaver had fallen behind its in town rivals in IPAs. I’ve noticed that they are pushing out new IPAs in waves, and this is a good one. It catches the thick sweet that gives a backbone to these hazy IPAs, and keeps a bright clear hop hammer.

The Starry Night can is a plus.

If you see this beer, drink it!

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Highland Cold Mountain 2017, 12oz bottle

Smells a bit like raspberry with a sharpness I’d associate with the biting notes of Fat Tire. Maybe a bit of roasty chocolate and biscuit aromas as well.

Perhaps the power of suggestion from the nose, it does taste like a fruited Fat Tire.

I post this almost every year now. The memory of my first two years of Cold Mountain keeps me irrationally coming back for more.

I have a huge interest in being in Asheville and trying variants as I think it would be fun.

Beyond that, I’ve lost the taste for Cold Mountain, which is a shame for me (and for the remaining 2017 12 pack bottles and a few 22oz bombers in the fridge).

Regretful that present Cold Mountain doesn’t match the memory. Cheers!
    I haven't bought any yet but am available for trading a few...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Was it better right side up or upside down?

I don't recognize the beer so you'll have to tell us more about it.

(Edit: Oops, I didn't read far enough ahead and see you posted a review. Sounds highly tasty. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Belching Beaver=LOL.)

Hiwire Sour Pumpkin Ale

A very generous gift from grad_devil with an assist on delivery from devildeac.

What a label- brewed with local Rayburn farm roasted delicata pumpkins, connamon basil, and blue ginger.

Pours really dark, rich head.
    Super pungent sour nose, with other scents I pick up and cannot name.

Packs a sour wallop up front, followed by a thick wave of pumpkin mid palate, with a sour and spicy ginger finish.

I find myself wishing I knew what cinnamon basil and blue ginger tasted like independent of ingredients in this amazing beer.

Thank you grad_devil and devildeac!!

Cheers!
    I'll be saving mine to share with family over the Christmas or New Year holidays as we'll be out of town In The Annapolis the weekend after Thanksgiving for a niece's wedding. I'm thinking Sun King, St. Joseph's and Metazoa on Friday afternoon when we arrive in town.

Accfanfrom1970 and his wife are joining us at tailgate tomorrow bringing Hardywood goodies (wipes saliva from chin ).

Obviously, we're looking forward to welcoming guests to our tent, too.

Looking for a big day on this thread tomorrow as some selections from Hardywood and Alaska will be brought for sharing/tasting...

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Looking for a big day on this thread tomorrow as some selections from Hardywood and Alaska will be brought for sharing/tasting...
    There's a time for talking beer, and a time for talking who's replacing #34Ben H's productivity at LB ... this is the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    There's a time for talking beer, and a time for talking who's replacing #34Ben H's productivity at LB ... this is the latter.
    And here ya go:

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...185011733.html

Cut has you covered:

"Duke could also turn to reserve linebackers Brandon Hill, Xander Gagnon and Zavier Carmichael to help replace Humphreys.

“We’re going to start with Marquis Waters,” Cutcliffe said. “We are fortunate we have some athletes back there who can run and they are versatile. Marquis is of course a safety replacing a linebacker. We have that option. We’ve got some people that can play there. Obviously they are not quite Ben Humphreys but they are excited about the challenge.”

Back to beer time, which is the time our tailgate group figures out what plays/formations to call before (and after) the game.

And, posting more about words that end in -ough (or something like that):

6th Borough Pilsner-Captain Lawrence Brewing Company

This 12 ounce can was included in my November beer club 4 pack and I must admit, I had low expectations for a pilsner in November that was brewed at a brewery I knew little about. Color me pleasantly surprised.

Pour into a standard pint glass (I know, shoulda been a pilsner glass-woulda made it taste better ), its appearance was a brilliant, light yellow-gold with a modest, foamy head. Nose was floral with a bit of citrus. Tastes had mild floral bitterness with IBUs at 30. Other palate-pleasing sensations were splashes of pineapple and tangerine, guessing from the dry-hopping with Citra and especially the Mosaic hops. There was a bit of light brown sugar/caramel sweetness. I paired this with a large garden salad. I wouldn't buy a 6er of this but would be quite happy to have a draft or another can of this and would certainly try another product from this NY brewery.

Too funny not to share:

http://www.arrogantbrewing.com/amnesty#ageGatePassed

When did Stone spin out Arrogant as its own company?

Per their website:

Massively successful and arrogant as ever, Arrogant Bastard officially split from Stone Brewing in 2015 under his own brewing moniker, Arrogant Brewing, to accelerate his assault on those guilty of macro-industry deceit by perpetrating their heinous crimes against ales and lagers of true quality and depth.

Guess I missed that trick.

Too funny not to share:

http://www.arrogantbrewing.com/amnesty#ageGatePassed

When did Stone spin out Arrogant as its own company?

Per their website:

Massively successful and arrogant as ever, Arrogant Bastard officially split from Stone Brewing in 2015 under his own brewing moniker, Arrogant Brewing, to accelerate his assault on those guilty of macro-industry deceit by perpetrating their heinous crimes against ales and lagers of true quality and depth.

Guess I missed that trick.
    I think I learned that about a year ago when I looked at one of the Bastard variants and saw it was Arrogant Bastard Brewing (or something like that) and not Stone Brewing. Not a widely known fact.

Hoping this is still on tap when we visit Metazoa Brewing next week:

Hoppopotamus IPA.

Headed to Oskar Blues. If anyone has any requests shoot me a text and I'll let you know what is available in cans.

Go Catamounts!

Three Floyds Gorch Fock
    German Style Helles Lager

A nose perhaps a little more floral than a big beer lager counterpart.

Honestly, not much to this beer (as a lager, should there be?).

Nothing to complain about, or bad. Nothing to make you go wow, either.

A beer you could pair with anything.

Cheers to the devildeac pipeline for continuing to expand my beer palate.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Belching Beaver=LOL.)
    Right? San Diego county is so crowded with breweries, a memorable name cannot hurt. Good beer helps too, but there sure is a whole lot of that around here.

Good City Brewing Reward Double IPA

Nose of pine and citrus, maybe some pineapple.

Hoppy pineapple juice. Quite tasty.

Well worth “reward”ing yourself with one on any occasion you can find to enjoy one.

Another devildeac connection for the win.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Headed to Oskar Blues. If anyone has any requests shoot me a text and I'll let you know what is available in cans.

Go Catamounts!
    I still haven't been out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I still haven't been out there...
    It is always worth the trip out.

Had a great time. The chubwagon serves up some really good burgers and fries. Aslo took the free tour today, very cool. No free tasting like at Sierra Nevada, but still fun.

They had a few small batch beers, one being a session IPA , can't remember the name but it was 4.7% and quite tasty.

Always nice to have Death by Coconut from the tap.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    It is always worth the trip out.

Had a great time. The chubwagon serves up some really good burgers and fries. Aslo took the free tour today, very cool. No free tasting like at Sierra Nevada, but still fun.

They had a few small batch beers, one being a session IPA , can't remember the name but it was 4.7% and quite tasty.

Always nice to have Death by Coconut from the tap.
    Could be a nice trip