Page 787 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 28768773777778578678778878979783788712871787 ... LastLast
Results 15,721 to 15,740 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Speaking of rare beers you have to jump through hoops to get your hands on; after checking the Dark Lord Day website every morning for the last month or so, they FINALLY released the list of Dark Lord variants for this weekend's festivities.

Included in the price of admission is 4 bottles of 2018 Dark Lord and 1 of the 11 rare variants at random. I'm not sure which one I'm hoping for, so I figured I'd engage the group and see which of these sounds the tastiest...

MARSHMALLOW HANDJEE
    Bourbon barrel-aged Dark Lord with vanilla beans

CHEMTRAILMIX
    Dark Lord aged in rye barrels with cinnamon + pink peppercorns

FRENCH VANILLA MILITIA
    Dark Lord aged in Sauternes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs + coffee

SPACEFORCE!
    Dark Lord aged in Pineau Des Charentes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs + coffee

LOUNGE AGAINST THE MACROMACHINE
    Tequila barrel with Mekong cinnamon, cocoa nibs, guajillo peppers + tangerine peel

GREATEST TEACHABLE MOMENTS
    American brandy barrel with verbena, ginger + orange peel

HUNG DRAWN N QUARTERED
    Rye barrel-aged Dark Lord

CAVALEIRO OF VARNOV
    Oloroso sherry aged Dark Lord

BROZERKER
    Ruby port aged Dark Lord

BROTILLA
    Carcavelos aged Dark Lord

TURTLEDOGG
    Scotch barrel-aged Dark Lord
    Anything without peppers, meaning, I'd be delighted to get any of the other 10 variants.

And, if you don't know what to do with a bottle or two of the 2018 Dark Lord, you are cordially invited to join our tailgate at any home FB game in the 2018 or 2019 season and we'll share some of our liquid treats with you for a sip or two of a Dark Lord.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Anything without peppers, meaning, I'd be delighted to get any of the other 10 variants.

And, if you don't know what to do with a bottle or two of the 2018 Dark Lord, you are cordially invited to join our tailgate at any home FB game in the 2018 or 2019 season and we'll share some of our liquid treats with you for a sip or two of a Dark Lord.
    I've got my eye set on April 6-8, 2019 in Minneapolis.

I've got my eye set on April 6-8, 2019 in Minneapolis.
    That'd work, too.

Devildeac, have you reviewed Dark Lord on here before? I faintly recall you doing so.

Not attending Dark Lord Day, but I am going to try and make it up to the brewpub shortly after.

But pepper*corns* are okie-dokie?
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

From 9/27/16:

Ok, I finally decided to make my attempt to post a review of this legendary beer:

Dark Lord 2016 (draft)-3 Floyds Brewing Company

It was on the chalkboard but I still didn't believe it until I asked the beertender and he explained their brewer can/will create a batch of this whenever he damn well pleases and not just for Dark Lord Day in April every year. This occasion was a mini-festival at their brewery on September 17 when folks from the Denmark brewery, Warpigs, came over for a collabeeration and they (amazingly) had several partial kegs left over we visited one week ago. I think it was $7 for my half pint pour. The appearance was black ink. There was no head and the nose was dark chocolate, espresso (included) and dark caramel. Tastes were even more complex with the scents being replicated on the palate along with dark brown sugar (included), black strap molasses, a bit of licorice, dark/dried fruits, vanilla (included) and dark rum. This version was not barrel-aged but their website indicates some are. Mouthfeel was thick, viscous, oily and syrup-y, almost chewy or fudgy. IBUs of 50 and the ABV is a stunning 15% (no typo), causing me to take almost 30 minutes to finish my pour. Pairing? Forget it. This is liquid decadence/dessert/night cap all in one. Well, one of our tailgate chefs makes dark chocolate-espresso fudge cups topped with a coffee bean a couple times a year so I guess I'd consider nibbling on one of those while sipping several ounces of this incredible, world class Russian imperial stout.
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Devildeac, have you reviewed Dark Lord on here before? I faintly recall you doing so.

Not attending Dark Lord Day, but I am going to try and make it up to the brewpub shortly after.
    There ya go. My one and only tasting, found at the brewery the week after they had a "festival" with War Pigs, their "sister" brewery in Denmark and also did a collaboration brew. Pure, blind, dumb, unadulterated luck on my part with a big thank you to Mrs. dd for indulging me and allowing a stop to purchase some to-go brews. The bartender that day told me the brewmaster can whip up a brewing of Dark Lord whenever he damn well pleases. I think it's a sound strategy to show up at the brewery after Dark Lord Day with a reasonable chance of finding some on draft. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    But pepper*corns* are okie-dokie?
    Yes, indeed-y.

I *think* I enjoy them best in a saison, but can't recall any other styles in which I've tasted them .

Will be waiting for a report from fuse's "backyard" brewery on this one:

Lime Coconut Summer Sour-Brüeprint Brewing Company

Oh, I'm interested in this. Will be in Budapest in September.
    I'll give lots of details soon, but check this out. Here is a picture of the beer I'm currently drinking at the beer garden. To the right you can see a few steps that lead right in to our Airbnb. This place is great!

20180516_213111.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I'll give lots of details soon, but check this out. Here is a picture of the beer I'm currently drinking at the beer garden. To the right you can see a few steps that lead right in to our Airbnb. This place is great!

20180516_213111.jpg
    $****. My pictures always show up sideways when I post from my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    $****. My pictures always show up sideways when I post from my phone.
    I'd have blamed too many Hungarian beers.

I'd have blamed too many Hungarian beers.
    Maybe...

Speaking of rare beers you have to jump through hoops to get your hands on; after checking the Dark Lord Day website every morning for the last month or so, they FINALLY released the list of Dark Lord variants for this weekend's festivities.

Included in the price of admission is 4 bottles of 2018 Dark Lord and 1 of the 11 rare variants at random. I'm not sure which one I'm hoping for, so I figured I'd engage the group and see which of these sounds the tastiest...

MARSHMALLOW HANDJEE
    Bourbon barrel-aged Dark Lord with vanilla beans

CHEMTRAILMIX
    Dark Lord aged in rye barrels with cinnamon + pink peppercorns

FRENCH VANILLA MILITIA
    Dark Lord aged in Sauternes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs + coffee

SPACEFORCE!
    Dark Lord aged in Pineau Des Charentes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs + coffee

LOUNGE AGAINST THE MACROMACHINE
    Tequila barrel with Mekong cinnamon, cocoa nibs, guajillo peppers + tangerine peel

GREATEST TEACHABLE MOMENTS
    American brandy barrel with verbena, ginger + orange peel

HUNG DRAWN N QUARTERED
    Rye barrel-aged Dark Lord

CAVALEIRO OF VARNOV
    Oloroso sherry aged Dark Lord

BROZERKER
    Ruby port aged Dark Lord

BROTILLA
    Carcavelos aged Dark Lord

TURTLEDOGG
    Scotch barrel-aged Dark Lord
    I’d happily try them all with the lone exception of the tequila barrel aged pepper version, and I have no idea what Carcavelos is.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    I’d happily try them all with the lone exception of the tequila barrel aged pepper version, and I have no idea what Carcavelos is.
    I have no idea what Pineau Des Charentes is .

I learn something new almost every day on Ymm, Beer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcavelos_DOC

"Carcavelos can be a blend of up to nine different grapes. The principal grapes of the Carcavelos region includes Arinto, Boal, Galego Dourado, Negra Mole, Trincadeira and Torneiro . The wines are usually fermented completely dry with some fermenting must known as the vinho abafado containing some residual sugar set aside prior to the fermentation's completion. The wine is fortified with a distilled grape spirit to bring the wine up to an alcohol level of 18-20% and the vinho abafado is added back in to add sweetness to the wine. Carcavelos wines are then aged in oak barrels for three to five years to give the wines a tawny color and nutty flavor.

Headed to some Hungarian breweries

Had a John Melonbock at The Tap last night. Honey Maibock. Beer wasn't great, but couldn't pass it up because of the name.

Speaking of beer, is there an NBA draft?

Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Speaking of beer, is there an NBA draft?

Just wondering.
    At your service:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NBA_draft

Obviously after playoff saison is completed.

Had a John Melonbock at The Tap last night. Honey Maibock. Beer wasn't great, but couldn't pass it up because of the name.
    That's awesome for the Indiana boy. Shoulda followed it up with a Cherry Busey or variant at Sun King.

At your service:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NBA_draft

Obviously after playoff saison is completed.
    Two puns in one post. That's dubbel-y bad.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."