Page 748 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 24864869873874674774874975075879884812481748 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,960 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    Will do...if it's as good as I remember I'll pick one up for football.
    And, if you have any extra space in your cooler, I'd like to place an order for a couple. Please.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

At Rustico in DC (Ballston actually). Tangerine Quad from Avery Brewing Company, Colorado. 10% abv. A Quaddrupel
    obviously, finished with tangerines and aged in bourbon barrels. Smooth, a bit smokey, just a hint of citrus at the finish. Had two 10oz. pours.

I'm a big fan, wondering where I can get Avery products.
    Last edited by accfanfrom1970; 01-18-2018 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Added info

Quote Originally Posted by accfanfrom1970 View Post
    At Rustico in DC (Ballston actually). Tangerine Quad from Avery Brewing Company, Colorado. 10% abv. A Quaddrupel
    obviously, finished with tangerines and aged in bourbon barrels. Smooth, a bit smokey, just a hint of citrus at the finish. Had two 10oz. pours.

I'm a big fan, wondering where I can get Avery products.
    Avery products are pretty widely available at craft beer specialty stores and Total Wine in Raleigh. Don't know if this tidbit will change you mind though:

http://www.westword.com/restaurants/...merate-9734559

So they're no longer an independent craft brewer.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    I guess it's time for another beer fridge.😨😩 (And I think the best one you left off is Griddle, the renamed Piston.)

ricks
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Is that bottled/canned now? I thought it was draft only.
    Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    They told me it was in the process of being canned. They will be having quite a few brews being canned in the future. I can see that one in 12 oz. cans because it is so powerful.

ricks
    Found the Griddle here in Durham at Sam’s. Oh my. One of the best imperial stouts I’ve ever had. Love the aggressive coffee flavors coming thru. Only downside is I had to stop at two due to 10% ABV. On the positive side, that means I get two more tomorrow!
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Found the Griddle here in Durham at Sam’s. Oh my. One of the best imperial stouts I’ve ever had. Love the aggressive coffee flavors coming thru. Only downside is I had to stop at two due to 10% ABV. On the positive side, that means I get two more tomorrow!
    Need any help?

I have been assigned the task of choosing the beer for our ribbon cutting ceremony next week

Bell's HopSlam

Well, it's that time of year again. With the weather moving up into the 40's, I guess it's high time I walk down to the bottle shop and enjoy a HopSlam served out of an Ice Mug (no, it's not an Icy Mug, but a mug made of Ice) . I know, that's much too cold for an IPA and it waters down the beer. Oh well, it's an annual tradition in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I have been assigned the task of choosing the beer for our ribbon cutting ceremony next week
    Not plural?

Quote Originally Posted by Rock-of-Truth View Post
    Well, it's that time of year again. With the weather moving up into the 40's, I guess it's high time I walk down to the bottle shop and enjoy a HopSlam served out of an Ice Mug (no, it's not an Icy Mug, but a mug made of Ice) . I know, that's much too cold for an IPA and it waters down the beer. Oh well, it's an annual tradition in the area.
    Ahh, Hop Slam. Looking forward to finding it in stores this winter. Soon.

Sun King canned up some of their Velvet Fog this week. Grabbed two 2-packs without looking at the price and didn't realize it was going to run me a solid $40. Going to drink these nice and slow.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Sun King canned up some of their Velvet Fog this week. Grabbed two 2-packs without looking at the price and didn't realize it was going to run me a solid $40. Going to drink these nice and slow.
    Ha! That was cheap. My 2 pack of pint cans of Sympathy for the Devil was $25. Luckily, fuse is a nice guy and agreed to having one of these added to his other Sun King assortment.

Fire Coming Out of A Monkey's Red Ale - 5.9% ABV from Crown Brewing Company. Not the greatest option they've had recently, but thought I'd share since I enjoyed the name.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukelamere View Post
    Fire Coming Out of A Monkey's Red Ale - 5.9% ABV from Crown Brewing Company. Not the greatest option they've had recently, but thought I'd share since I enjoyed the name.

Somebody's opinion of best beer names:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/esquire/25-...P4B#.wl86lzwPl

Somebody's opinion of best beer names:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/esquire/25-...P4B#.wl86lzwPl
    Very nice, although the first one was very
    massage-inistic

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Very nice, although the first one was very
    massage-inistic

I see what you did there. But, you ain't seen nuthin' yet:

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/273/19488/

From 9/3/17:

DKML-Founders Brewing Company

Booze bomb alert.

This is their 4th barrel-aged beer of 2017 with Backwoods Bastard to follow in October and a TBA in November or December. The Founders sales rep I chatted with a couple months ago is hoping #6 will be CBS. (Day-umm, I just looked this up and it will indeed be their 6th BA release for 2017, representing a re-release of the 2011 version in bombers and a keg-only release in 2014. Sign me up! http://tenemu.com/news/founders-rere...series/08/2017)

A bourbon barrel-aged malt liquor? WTH? Not sure I've ever heard of that before and I can't recall the last time I had a malt liquor, though I think some states require that on the labels of beers that exceed a certain ABV, likely varying from state to state.

August West kindly contributed this capped bomber as the "finishing" beer of the tailgate, and, at 14.2% (no typo), we were indeed finished. Pour was a honey-straw color with a small head. Nose? Booze, specifically, corn liquor. Tastes? Vanilla, butterscotch, wood, caramel and more liquor. I'll estimate IBUs in the 20 range and didn't I mention the ABV is a stunning 14.2%? I <think> I did already. They're marketing this in 4 packs and bombers and, if you pick up a 22 ounce bottle, be prepared to cork the bottle tightly if you can't finish it in a single sitting (say, 1-2 hours) or share with friends. I got a litter of 4 from Total Wine yesterday AM rather coincidentally and will sure lay 2 of them down for a year or two in order to see what the alcohol burn will be like after some cellaring.
    From the wee hours this am:

DKML-Founders Brewing Company

Still a booze bomb, even after another 4 months in the "cellar."

Same appearance and aromas. Perhaps a bit "softer" on the palate than in September but it still has quite an alcohol "burn." I think the bourbon barrel aging/tastes are a bit more prominent now. Flavors became even more "intense" as it warmed. This took over an hour to sip from a snifter after we finished a drive to the NC coast for the weekend. Two bottles remain. I think one makes a tailgate appearance this year and the other ages until January, 2019. Very potent stuff.

From 6/14/17:

From 4/25/17:

From last PM:

Night Jump-Aviator Brewing Company

I'm pretty sure there's not much to add to this short, succinct and totally on target review. I'd have never thought 125 IBUs. The whiskey and cocoa/chocolate are an amazing combination. I don't care if we're nearing the summer solstice, this was outstanding from my Goose Island Bourbon County Stout snifter, sipped over almost an hour as a nightcap. Quite pleased to have 3 more of these and, at only 500 pennies per 12 ounce can and bought at the Aviator Smokehouse last month, I got quite a deal. I'd have likely never bought this without remembering Tripping William's review.
    From now:

Night Jump (no date on can but likely spring, 2017)-Aviator Brewing Company

Worth re-visiting 7 months later.

Poured from a 12 ounce can into a snifter and sipped over an hour (it's 13% ABV!!) Almost black hue with a small head. Dark chocolate and bourbon scents and tastes with a drop or two of coffee and molasses. A nice way to celebrate tonight's stunning announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ha! I thought it might be about their new kitchen.

Just had another southern tier cinnamon roll - shared a bottle tailgating and shared a bottle Xmas eve - whole bottle like drinking at Cinnabon . If you like beer and like cinnamon rolls, this is the beer for you.