Page 639 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 13953958962963763863964064164968973911391639 ... LastLast
Results 12,761 to 12,780 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Ok, Beer Camp was AMAZING!

Ballpark 45 beers tasted.

Quite a celebration. Great music, great beer, great food trucks.

Cool app which honestly distracted from live engagement.
    Waiting for you to try and overload the DBR server with your reviews.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Was both rewarding and sad to see "fake" craft brewery lines short.

Ballast Point and Wicked Weed just two examples.
    Wait, Ballast Point? Who owns them? I must have missed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for the summary.

I noticed the Big Briar at the grocery store they other day and was intrigued, but my fridge is over capacity and I'm moving in a month.

Ricks68, mountaindevil, and any other Asheville area beer lurkers in need of beer (or a loveseat) hit me up. Looks like I might be giving away some beer (and furniture) soon.
    In the same sentence? Really?

24.gif24.gif

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, Ballast Point? Who owns them? I must have missed that one.
    Constellation.

There is a pretty clear delineation between acquistion and sudden availability of Ballast Point everywhere.

Waiting for you to try and overload the DBR server with your reviews.
    Umm, nope :-)

The Beer Camp was both good and bad- fun to help rate and keep track of what you tried while also being antisocial.

It was a fun and unsurprisingly exhausting event.
    Thank goodness for zantac 150.

Happy Father's Day to the appropriate community members of DBR!

Constellation.

There is a pretty clear delineation between acquistion and sudden availability of Ballast Point everywhere.
    Thanks for the info.

http://www.cbrands.com/news-media/le...llation-brands

"Constellation is the number three beer company in the U.S. with high-end, iconic imported brands including Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo and Pacifico. Constellation is also the world's leader in premium wine, selling great brands that people love including Robert Mondavi, Clos du Bois, Kim Crawford, Rex Goliath, Mark West, Franciscan Estate, Ruffino and Jackson-Triggs."

Mrs. dd likes several of the wines mentioned and I like many of the Ballast Point products. Another dilemma.

Fullsteam Humidity was a very tasty accompaniment to Q Shack BBQ in Durham today. Nice after 18 holes at WaDuke in the morning.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Thanks for the info.

http://www.cbrands.com/news-media/le...llation-brands

"Constellation is the number three beer company in the U.S. with high-end, iconic imported brands including Corona Extra, Corona Light, Modelo Especial, Negra Modelo and Pacifico. Constellation is also the world's leader in premium wine, selling great brands that people love including Robert Mondavi, Clos du Bois, Kim Crawford, Rex Goliath, Mark West, Franciscan Estate, Ruffino and Jackson-Triggs."

Mrs. dd likes several of the wines mentioned and I like many of the Ballast Point products. Another dilemma.
    Speaking firmly out of both sides of my mouth (and showing some ignorance) I find my wine purchases less driven by what company owns what. An interesting revelation to ponder. 🤔

Some additional proof the PR folks in the craft beer industry earn their paychecks (or are rather wacky; or both):

Space Mistress-Big Boss Brewing Company

Off She Gose-Southern Pines Brewing Company

Another distraction/temptation for those living in the same/adjacent zip codes, not mentioning any names :

http://bottlerev.com/bottle-rev-apex.../grand-opening

India Pale Ale-Avery Brewing Company

No clever name .

This was a single 12 ounce bottle brewed on 12-29-16 gifted to me last week as part of a mixed 6er for my birthday by our part-time office nurse (N-77, classmate of Mrs. dd ). Pour was a slightly cloudy yellow-orange with a moderate, foamy head. Mixed bouquet of citrus, tropical and piney aromas with matching tastes of mango, grapefruit and a bit of resin. Mild to moderate bitterness with IBUs estimated at 60 with a stated ABV of 6.5%. I'll guess it's been a decade since I had one of these and it paired nicely with a fancy garden salad for dinner tonight.

7 Hop IPA-Rogue Ales

Another 12 ounce gift from our part-time office nurse for my birthday last week.

This was disappointing. I enjoyed Rogue products for 10-15 years, starting in about 1995 and greatly appreciate their role in helping to promote/develop the US craft beer industry, but, as fuse has stated several times before, there are a lot of old/new brews on the market and Rogue is really no longer worth the price point (or something like that ).

Pour was cloudy and a light orange-amber color with a moderate, foamy head. Aromas were off-piney and wet cardboardy?. Maybe stale (no bottling/enjoy by date that I could find on the bottle), maybe the combination of hops just didn't work. Tastes were even more off, soapy and orange Pine Sol-like. Not good. There were some pine, resin and citrus rind flavors, too. I even let it warm a bit over 30 minutes and still found it almost unpleasant, but, being the beer trooper that I am (beer fool ?), I did finish the glass. Checked in at 78 IBUs and 7.77% ABV. Not worth trying another. Not worthy to pair with anything, unless it was an aliquot of Scope mouthwash afterwards as a palate cleanser. Guess I really shoulda put this in Ycch, Beer.

Here are the ingredients (if anyone really would care ):

Rogue Farms Dare™, Risk™, Maier Munich & Dare™ R-3 Malts; Rogue Farms Liberty, Newport, Revolution, Rebel, Independent, Freedom & Alluvial Hops; Pacman Yeast & Free-Range Coastal Water

Dry-Hopped Berliner-Style Weisse-Sierra Nevada and Saint Arnold Brewing Company

Beer Camp beer #1 (in no particular order)

Germany meets California/North Carolina meets Texas.

This was a very pleasant collaboration/variant of the old German style. Pour was a light straw with a modest, fizzy head that disappeared somewhat quickly. Lemon-lime soda first came to mind with the scents but the tastes were more lemon-limeade, meaning a bit sweet but more sour and puckery, like a Warhead Light with a twist and squeeze of an orange slice. Low IBUs at 10 to accompany a low ABV at 4.2%. I've never had this style with a shot of fruit syrup or woodruff syrup but would certainly give it a try. A schnitzel and some spaetzle pairing woudl be nice, too. Ingredients below:

Yeast: hefeweizen from SN's Kellerweiss beer
    Bittering Hops: Saaz
    Finishing Hops: Saaz and Amarillo
    Malts: Two-row Pale, Wheat, Munich

Prosit!

Dry-Hopped Barleywine Style Ale-Sierra Nevada Brewing and Avery Brewing

Bigfoot meets Hog Heaven!

As they explain on the Beer Camp website, it's not actually a collaboration but a blending of the usual Bigfoot recipe with the standard Hog Heaven brew and also dry-hopping the concoction, followed by bottle conditioning. The result? Big Hog. Or would that be Hog Foot?

Pour was a slightly cloudy, dark amber with a generous, foamy head. Aromas of leather, tobacco and resin. Tastes of the same with some toffee. This remains a fairly bitter beer (yea, I'm looking at you, Bigfoot), but the balance is reasonable with IBUs of 90 and the ABV at 9.4%. This is a sip over an hour from a snifter almost time for bed ale. Still doesn't convince me to like barleywines but a quality offering. Ingredients below:

Yeast: Ale
    Bittering Hops: Zeus and Chinook
    Finishing Hops: Zeus, Cascade, Centennial and Chinook
    Malts: Two-row Pale and Caramel

More From Wise Man Brewing

We held a client event at Wise Man Brewing last night. That place was <ahem> hopping at 6:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night. It was great to see, especially since the location is a little off-the-beaten-path (but not a lot).

I had the Strike Fire German IPA. I liked it quite a lot. Really nice citrus notes, and very well balanced. Here are the particulars from the brewer:

Strike Fire German IPA
    6.1% ABV 64 IBU
    A stylistic fusion of IPAs from the East and West coasts, our “German IPA” features an innovative symphony of flavors provided by all-German malts and hops, including Mandarina Bavaria, Huell Melon, and Hallertau Blanc. A smooth and round citrus character is supported by herbal and fruity accents with a touch of dank
    I also had the Mountain Calling West Coast Style IPA on draft. I say "on draft" because Wise Man recently started releasing this beer in cans. I haven't had it from the cans yet, though. It was also a very good IPA. More hoppy than the Strike Fire, and more malty as well. Here are the details:

Mountain Calling West Coast Style IPA
    6.6% ABV 82 IBU
    Dry-hopped with a pound and a half per barrel of Citra, this clean and crisp IPA resonates with strong citrus and floral qualities.

I also brought home a crowler of their Thousand Chords Grisette. I look forward to drinking that in the next few days.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    We held a client event at Wise Man Brewing last night. That place was <ahem> hopping at 6:00 p.m. on a Wednesday night. It was great to see, especially since the location is a little off-the-beaten-path (but not a lot).

I had the Strike Fire German IPA. I liked it quite a lot. Really nice citrus notes, and very well balanced. Here are the particulars from the brewer:

I also had the Mountain Calling West Coast Style IPA on draft. I say "on draft" because Wise Man recently started releasing this beer in cans. I haven't had it from the cans yet, though. It was also a very good IPA. More hoppy than the Strike Fire, and more malty as well. Here are the details:

I also brought home a crowler of their Thousand Chords Grisette. I look forward to drinking that in the next few days.
    Already deleted the SN Beer Camp app.

Wise Man was there, pretty sure I tried both their offerings. Without a prompt, can't say much more.

Love Ninja to the rescue!

A Brett Saison as a rare beer was our first tasting and it was a great start.

Rebel Funk we also tried, no lingering impressions from that beer.

Panic Water-Appalachian Mountain Brewery

Anyone here sampled any of their products?

Dang, these folks brew a lot of flavors and my 16 ounce can from my gift birthday 6er last week isn't even listed:

https://amb.beer/beer

AKA, Hoppy Pilsner, meaning, they took a fairly standard pils recipe and added a couple new hop varieties (not named) and turned a German/European favorite into a liquid Juicy Fruit adult beverage. Well, not really but it sure tastes like a pineapple-mango-orange juice blend after you get by the moderately foamy head and floral aromas. Mildly bitter floral hops and a bit of light caramel sweetness, too. I'll guess IBUs of 30 (not listed) and the ABV is 5.4% on the can so a lighter, refreshing late spring/early summer offering. I'd pair this with a mixed green salad with assorted berries, pecans, some Feta cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.

Panic Water-Appalachian Mountain Brewery

Anyone here sampled any of their products?

Dang, these folks brew a lot of flavors and my 16 ounce can from my gift birthday 6er last week isn't even listed:

https://amb.beer/beer

AKA, Hoppy Pilsner, meaning, they took a fairly standard pils recipe and added a couple new hop varieties (not named) and turned a German/European favorite into a liquid Juicy Fruit adult beverage. Well, not really but it sure tastes like a pineapple-mango-orange juice blend after you get by the moderately foamy head and floral aromas. Mildly bitter floral hops and a bit of light caramel sweetness, too. I'll guess IBUs of 30 (not listed) and the ABV is 5.4% on the can so a lighter, refreshing late spring/early summer offering. I'd pair this with a mixed green salad with assorted berries, pecans, some Feta cheese and a raspberry vinaigrette dressing.
    Could have sworn I'd passed some AMB beers your way. Guess not. Good brewery, may be making a vist along with Lost Province soon.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...anked.html?p=2

Ymmm, saisons. Spoiler alert- Burial #1.