Page 699 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 19959964968969769869970070170974979911991699 ... LastLast
Results 13,961 to 13,980 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Understood. I think I still have a bottle of Founders Dirty Bastard lying around. Leaning that direction.
    Good choice. I have a 2015 bottle of Backwoods Bastard. If the beer fits...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    My wife and I frequent the Merrimon Ave location - sometimes weekly - but really it depends on what movies are playing. We're (I'm) cheap, and love catching the $3 movie with a pizza and beer. And she calls it a "date night". A win-win, as far as I'm concerned!
    We should coordinate sometime. I am there several times a week, but usually on weekdays when I can get in and out of work early enough to have a mid afternoon pint.

Find Justin who works there. Or, if you wear a Duke shirt, he may find you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    We should coordinate sometime. I am there several times a week, but usually on weekdays when I can get in and out of work early enough to have a mid afternoon pint.

Find Justin who works there. Or, if you wear a Duke shirt, he may find you.
    And I'll invite myself

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Good choice. I have a 2015 bottle of Backwoods Bastard. If the beer fits...
    I have either a '14 or '15 Backwoods Bastard left. Happy to bring it to the Pitt tailgate to share/trade.

Quote Originally Posted by mattman91 View Post
    I have either a '14 or '15 Backwoods Bastard left. Happy to bring it to the Pitt tailgate to share/trade.
    Well, that'll be for you and me but the rest of the crowd won't be too happy.

Another "Mark Your Calendar" Moment

Silent Night Day 2017 is November 18th at Mother Earth in Kinston
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Silent Night Day 2017 is November 18th at Mother Earth in Kinston
    That was a lot of fun last year with Mrs. dd, August West, CB&B, fuse and the Love Ninja. Wonder if we can make it 2 in a row...

Black Mocha Stout and Gourdgeous tonight, first, by themselves in 2 ounce portions then, beer cocktails with varying proportions of each mixed together.

From 10/28/14:

From last PM:

Black Mocha Stout-Highland Brewing Company

Stout night and a beer I actually bought myself that is included in the current Highland variety pack.

I don't think they've changed the recipe much, if any. Dark, dark brown pour with a moderate tan, foamy head. Nose and tastes are more espresso than chocolate. A pleasant lead-off hitter for the line-up three of us shared last PM.
    I'm starting with about 2 ounces of this. No change from last week's review.

Blame Tripping William-he started the pumpkin onslaught.

Or blame fuse for my selection of a cleverly named brew.

Gordgeous-NoDa Brewing

I found a 4 pack of this at Bottle Revolution about 6 weeks ago, contacted fuse who remembered having this a year or three ago on draft and liking it so I bought it. NoDa does not distribute in the Triangle area so any sightings are because that particular bottle shop went to Charlotte and picked up a load of NoDa offerings.

Pour was a dark amber from a 16 ounce can shared with my beer buddy (aka younger daughter) for the next 4 weeks. Small head with aromas from the spice rack on Thanksgiving day. The brewers make a point on the can that they do not use cinnamon or nutmeg and that all their additives (allspice, cardamon, clove and ginger) are fresh-cracked on brew day. Still tastes like grandmama's pumpkin pie (a good thing) with all the spices and prominent pumpkin flavors. IBUs weigh in at 29 and the ABV is 6.4% so not imperial level. I'll have to add this to my very short list of drinkable pumpkin ales along with the Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin as reviewed above and the DFH Punk'n Ale. Happy to have bought the small litter for about $12-13 and shared 2 of them with fuse.
    And...

...following up my Black Mocha Stout with this.

I don't think the recipe has changed much, if any, since 10/16/16 (above) except I noticed this year's can lists brown sugar that I didn't note/mention last year.

Beer cocktail #1:

1 part Black Mocha Stout and 1 part Gordgeous

Pour was an orange-dark brown with a generous head as I combined the 2 ounce portions in a "cocktail" glass. I think the pumpkin ale and its spices dominate here with a few notes of cocoa and coffee. Pairings? Pumpkin pie/bread/cheesecake or brownies.

Anderson Valley Blood Orange Gose

A great way to celebrate a soccer victory.

Crisp, refreshing and not too tart.

Cheers!

Beer cocktail #1:

1 part Black Mocha Stout and 1 part Gordgeous

Pour was an orange-dark brown with a generous head as I combined the 2 ounce portions in a "cocktail" glass. I think the pumpkin ale and its spices dominate here with a few notes of cocoa and coffee. Pairings? Pumpkin pie/bread/cheesecake or brownies.
    Beer cocktail #2:

1 part Black Mocha Stout and 2 parts Gordgeous

About as expected here with more of an orange-dark amber hue. Same head, a bit more spice on the nose and more pumpkin-y with less cocoa and coffee. Same pairings. I'm going to reverse my portions next.

Beer cocktail #2:

1 part Black Mocha Stout and 2 parts Gordgeous

About as expected here with more of an orange-dark amber hue. Same head, a bit more spice on the nose and more pumpkin-y with less cocoa and coffee. Same pairings. I'm going to reverse my portions next.
    Beer cocktail #3:

2 parts Black Mocha Stout and 1 part Gordgeous

Dark brown with tinges of orange. Makes me think about what a Starbucks/Caribou pumpkin latte would be like with a heavy emphasis on the dark roasted part of the brew. Much more unsweetened chocolate and coffee here with the pumpkin pie spices and pure pumpkin flavors taking a back seat.

I think I prefer these proportions better as I'm a fan of dark beers more than pumpkin beers . If you're more inclined toward lighter/flavored/spiced brews, I'd guess you'd like the 1:1 or 1:2 mixings better.

We did something like this at a tailgate 2-3 years ago with Warlock and Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale or was it with Pumking and some imperial stout I can't remember. I think the consensus prefered the 2:1 stout/pumpkin ale blending, but they were also with imperial versions of both and not the standard ABV I used tonight with the Black Mocha Stout at 5% and Gordgeous at 6.4%. I could not have handled this much "imperial" beverage tonight but it would be interesting to try it again with large format bottles with a muuuuuch larger group .

That was a lot of fun last year with Mrs. dd, August West, CB&B, fuse and the Love Ninja. Wonder if we can make it 2 in a row...
    Need to check the calendar.

Dinner at Chef and Farmer along with a stay at the Mother Earth Motor Lodge could be interesting additions to the trip.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    My wife and I frequent the Merrimon Ave location - sometimes weekly - but really it depends on what movies are playing. We're (I'm) cheap, and love catching the $3 movie with a pizza and beer. And she calls it a "date night". A win-win, as far as I'm concerned!
    Why don't you PM all of us when you go so that we can meet up there. Then, I might not have missed Dunkirk. I live 9 minutes away and also like going there for movies.

ricks

This thread will likely increase by 100 pages after that NCAA news.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    This thread will likely increase by 1000 pages after that NCAA news.

Added a zero for you.

Quote Originally Posted by ricks68 View Post
    Why don't you PM all of us when you go so that we can meet up there. Then, I might not have missed Dunkirk. I live 9 minutes away and also like going there for movies.

ricks
    We need a party line.

Er, or whatever kids these days use.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    This thread will likely increase by 100 pages after that NCAA news.
    Added a zero for you.
    After further review, I don't believe there's enough beer in the US, Canada, Belgium and Germany to take of this disaster.