Page 823 of 2123 FirstFirst ... 32372377381382182282382482583387392313231823 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,460 of 42448

Thread: Ymm, Beer

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Kreamsicle Kölsch-Morgan Ridge Railwalk Brewery and Eatery

WTH? A flavored Kölsch?

Have I jumped the shark?

Part of my mixed 6er or actually two 6ers a couple weeks ago from a new wine and beer shop near our house and highly recommended by the owner. Still drinking local a few days after NC Beer Month ended.

Pour was a pale, orange-yellow and the nose was all orange cream soda or a frozen creamsicle. Really. Tastes were the same with orange juice (blood orange puree added), a bit of orange rind (peel added) and vanilla ("aged" on vanilla beans) with essentially no bitterness (IBUs were 8-no typo) and ABV was 5%. A rather pleasant beer that set me back less than $3 for the pint can after the 10% mixed 6 pack discount. I'd share another with family/friends with a fruit plate or maybe a sweet and sour entree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Railwalk is listed as having a location in downtown Salisbury (and, as it turns out, they actually do), but it is operated by the folks who run the Morgan Ridge winery (and brewery) at High Rock Lake, deep within Rowan County. I came across a four-pack of 16-ounce cans of their Orange Kreamsicle kolsch at our local Lowe's Foods, and thought I'd give it a whirl. I'm glad I did.

The name is accurate: This refreshing beer is brewed with orange peel, blood oranges, and vanilla beans, so it tastes a great deal like the frozen treat. A hazy yellow color, it pours with a fairly thick white head. The vanilla is not overpowering, but definitely present, and adds nice depth to the orange flavors. 5.0% ABV, so it's a nice summer beer.

So, if you decide to speed down I-85, PJ Hairston style ( ), it's worth a stop in Salisbury to seek this out.
    Looks like great minds think alike...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Looks like great minds think alike...

Indeed. Also looks like I need to be more diligent with the search function.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Indeed. Also looks like I need to be more diligent with the search function.
    I wouldn't think that at all. It was an unusual beer from a little known brewery. I believe you've "caught" fuse and/or me reviewing a beer you had months ago, too . I think you may have even earned bonus points for knowing this brewery AND having sampled one (or more) of their beers before I posted my review back in May, 2018.

http://www.californiacraftbeer.com/s...l-managers-qa/

Anyone in CA who likes sour beer may find this event in September of interest.

Hey, tbyers11,

Have you ever tasted this one?

https://newglarusbrewing.com/beers/O...-wild-sour-ale

Hope it's still available in September when we make another beer, err, Duke football excursion to Chicago...

Hooray for new beer styles!
    I’ve had a tiki beer and I didn’t even know it...
    https://punchdrink.com/articles/ipa-...avery-brewing/

Thank you, Stone.

2017 Highland Cold Mountain

A really nice “Christmas in July” fake it til you believe it way to beat the heat.

So, so clear in the glass- a ruby amber.

Smells like cinnamon and vanilla.

Tastes like a raspberry vanilla cola.

Quite a treat!

Lucy (draft)-Walking Man Brewing

Delayed entry from Monday night.

Final, new local brew.

This was a rather interesting Berliner Weisse beer. Pour was a light amber. I even questioned our server if I received the correct beer and she suggested I taste it and return it if I thought it in error. Nose of a cola-lemonade, meaning a bit sweet but mostly sour. Tasting was mildly sour with similar perceptions to the aromas and a bit hard to discern. Maybe a Sour Patch Kids lemon-cola gummi bear. IBUs in the zone at 6 (no typo) and the ABV listed on the menu at another restaurant in town (this was not consumed at the brewery that is located about 2 blocks away) was 6% but the website claims 5%, both a bit high for the style, generally from 3-4%. A pleasant companion to some beer batter-fried Alaskan salmon, fries (the Washington version of fish and chips) and a large pile of slaw. Overall, it was good but a bit "off" for the style.

That ends the new draft beer odyssey in the Pacific NW. I've got 2 pairs of corked and caged bottled brews from pFriem but I'm not spilling any more info than that as a delivery awaits another denizen of the Ymm, Beer thread...

On draft at Bottle Rev:

One for fuse: Javaberry Stout w/Coffee & Blueberry by Haw River

One not for fuse: Picklemania Dill Gose by Steel String

Hey, tbyers11,

Have you ever tasted this one?

https://newglarusbrewing.com/beers/O...-wild-sour-ale

Hope it's still available in September when we make another beer, err, Duke football excursion to Chicago...

So I was in Wisconsin last week. Yes, I had this beer. As would be expected from New Glarus. It was REALLY good. Great balance between between malty, earthy funk, and tart, acidic sour. A little bit of fruit and oak on the finish. I don't know if I've ever had a better balanced wild fermented ale. Usually the funk or the tart overpowers the other components. But this was really good. The remaining 3 bottles will be delivered by my parental delivery service in October.

So getting the beer was another story. My mission to find this beer is a fun beer hunting tale. It was released right around July 4th. I went to 3 stores on the 8th and 9th and found nothing. On the 10th the family was going to the Cave of the Mounds and I deciding stopping by New Glarus Brewery on the way home wasn't that much out of the way (about 20 min). However, the brewery package store sold out earlier that morning. I drowned my sorrows in a few of their R&D concoctions that I promise I will write up here when I eventually taste them.

End to my long story. On Wednesday night, I had to run up to Bill's Food Center to grab something for my Mom (2 minutes from her house in Oregon, WI). Even though I checked their walk-in beer cooler on Monday I looked again. Huzzah!. 4 packs of NG 2018 Wild Sour Ale for $11. A dollar cheaper than at the brewery too. Guess distribution schedules take some time . Grabbed one for my BIL and one for me.

So my advice if you want to try this beer is to have your NG beer mules (err family) get to the Kenosha Woodmans ASAP. I don't think it will hang around long.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    So I was in Wisconsin last week. Yes, I had this beer. As would be expected from New Glarus. It was REALLY good. Great balance between between malty, earthy funk, and tart, acidic sour. A little bit of fruit and oak on the finish. I don't know if I've ever had a better balanced wild fermented ale. Usually the funk or the tart overpowers the other components. But this was really good. The remaining 3 bottles will be delivered by my parental delivery service in October.

So getting the beer was another story. My mission to find this beer is a fun beer hunting tale. It was released right around July 4th. I went to 3 stores on the 8th and 9th and found nothing. On the 10th the family was going to the Cave of the Mounds and I deciding stopping by New Glarus Brewery on the way home wasn't that much out of the way (about 20 min). However, the brewery package store sold out earlier that morning. I drowned my sorrows in a few of their R&D concoctions that I promise I will write up here when I eventually taste them.

End to my long story. On Wednesday night, I had to run up to Bill's Food Center to grab something for my Mom (2 minutes from her house in Oregon, WI). Even though I checked their walk-in beer cooler on Monday I looked again. Huzzah!. 4 packs of NG 2018 Wild Sour Ale for $11. A dollar cheaper than at the brewery too. Guess distribution schedules take some time . Grabbed one for my BIL and one for me.

So my advice if you want to try this beer is to have your NG beer mules (err family) get to the Kenosha Woodmans ASAP. I don't think it will hang around long.
    Thanks for the response. Nice write-up. Makes me thirsty. I'll send the beer mules, err, daughter and/or son-in-law a message tomorrow. They were in Wisconsin for a business meeting for him and short vacation for her a couple weeks ago and were rumored to be buying some NG stuff but I never received any reports (can't trust those young folks ). I happened to look at the Woodman's list of available NG brews in Kenosha and saw the Wild Sour Ale so I figured I'd inquire. I read somewhere in 2016 on the NG website that they were not going to underprice all their retail stores and I found that to be true when the delivery service made a drop in April this year and we were in Kenosha in June.

On draft at Bottle Rev:

One for fuse: Javaberry Stout w/Coffee & Blueberry by Haw River

One not for fuse: Picklemania Dill Gose by Steel String
    A brilliant beer by Haw River.

That second one may be as bad or worse than Ed’s Cave Creek Chili beer.

Visiting a friend in Michigan this weekend.

Noticed there's a Bell's "Eccentric Cafe" in the area. Had to look it up. Seems like it's about 15 minutes away from the brewery itself. Beer garden/tasting room. Hoping to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Visiting a friend in Michigan this weekend.

Noticed there's a Bell's "Eccentric Cafe" in the area. Had to look it up. Seems like it's about 15 minutes away from the brewery itself. Beer garden/tasting room. Hoping to check it out.
    If I'm remembering correctly from our Midwest Beer Odyssey, err, Duke football tour, from September, 2016, we visited this place. They had 19 Bell's drafts available, about 1/3 of which were brewery only specimens. Their to-go selection was limited to one choice, 750 ml corked and caged bottles of The Wild Sour One at about $25/bottle. Yes, I bought six () with 3 going to fuse and I kept the remainder. The shelf life is printed on the label as "indefinite" and I still have one bottle I'm saving for a fall tailgate. C'mon down.

Jordan Lake Brewing Nova Anglia NEIPA

Clever name, beer is ok.

A light juicy IPA.

Cheers to the weekend!

Jordan Lake Saison

Merely quite ok.

Brueprint Double Dribbue

Another example of Brueprint rising.

Not a NEIPA- a really clear golden DIPA.

Pineapple nose.

A complex balance of bitterness and juicy fruit.

A very nice beer for sure.

https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...r-beer-to-try/

Only four of thirteen. My pride is wounded.

Word to the wise- graham crackers for smores can actually blacken and burn in foil on a gas grill.

Doesn’t take away from how well Smores go with DFH I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.es Brew.

Nose like a damp forest - dark and rotten.

Thin ring of coffee coloured head.

Rich, yet thin mouthfeel.
    A bit of a clanging gong of a finish- maple syrup and Palo Santo wood.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    https://coolmaterial.com/food-drink/...r-beer-to-try/

Only four of thirteen. My pride is wounded.
    Two of thirteen. I no longer have any pride .