Everyone, Meet...Hurley

The latest addition to the EarlJam household - Hurley the Iguana. He is (or will be) an avid Duke fan, and a poster to this board. Hurley, DBR. DBR, Hurley...

Attachment 127

-Earljam

Welcome Hurley!

Is his screen name going to be: Iguana B. Hurley.

Hurley confusion

It saddens me that my first thought was, "Earljam's a fan of Lost?" That show has ruined my love of the name Hurley.

Don't get me wrong, I heart the big guy on the show (at least as of the end of Season 2 -- haven't seen 3 yet), but somehow his existence just denigrates the goodness that is otherwise invoked by the name/person known to us Duke fans.

But yay for new pets! (An iguana, Earljam? Why?)

Quote Originally Posted by DevilAlumna View Post

But yay for new pets! (An iguana, Earljam? Why?)
    I've always wanted an Iguana - always thought they were facinating, interesting. Just never got one. Well, the place I live in now is too small for dogs, cats or ponies, but I've been wanting a pet of some sorts. A few weeks ago, I got to thinking about it and thought that now would be the perfect time to get the Iguana.

Why Hurley? Well, Iguanas are small, yet intimidating, fiesty and lovable - all traits shared by my favorite Dukie of all-time, Bobby Hurley.

Now, if I can only teach him to dribble the basketball, pass and shoot the "three" we'll be in business.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by EarlJam View Post
    I've always wanted an Iguana - always thought they were facinating, interesting. Just never got one. Well, the place I live in now is too small for dogs, cats or ponies, but I've been wanting a pet of some sorts. A few weeks ago, I got to thinking about it and thought that now would be the perfect time to get the Iguana.

Why Hurley? Well, Iguanas are small, yet intimidating, fiesty and lovable - all traits shared by my favorite Dukie of all-time, Bobby Hurley.

Now, if I can only teach him to dribble the basketball, pass and shoot the "three" we'll be in business.

-EarlJam
    Uhm... if properly cared for they can reach 6 feet long from nose to tail in less than 8 years. It'll be bigger than most cats in about 2.5-3 years.

Still, I'm a fan of lizards. I had a bearded dragon for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post
    Uhm... if properly cared for they can reach 6 feet long from nose to tail in less than 8 years. It'll be bigger than most cats in about 2.5-3 years.
    So much the better for offing a neighbor!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

I'm sure some other folks around here have been to the Keys and seen the feral iguanas down there, but man, those things are flippin' everywhere. Also chickens. Really. Feral chickens?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavlaw View Post

Still, I'm a fan of lizards. I had a bearded dragon for quite a while.
    Yeah, I'm prepared for that and will build bigger cages for him as necessary. I've read a lot and talked to some people that own them. Eventually he'll get to the point where he'll have his own room...bed, television, Playstation and all that.

I'm just waiting 'til he gets to the size where he can wear a Hurley Duke jersey, sit on the couch with me, have a cold beer and watch Duke basketball.

Seriously, from all I've read and from people I've talked to, they really do, in time, warm up to their owners. If anyone has additional insights, though, please do share. Lot's to learn here.

-EarlJam

Seriously, from all I've read and from people I've talked to, they really do, in time, warm up to their owners.

-EarlJam
    A friend of mine had a chameleon (kind of the same as an iguana...Right? Maybe?) named Greedo (excellent choice) who definitely recognized him and related to him as "affectionately" as I suppose a reptile can. Plus it was really cool to watch her eat bugs with her absurdly long tongue (yes, Greedo is a she, but there seems to be a dearth of female reptilian Star Wars characters)(sometimes I use parentheses too much).

I'm just waiting 'til he gets to the size where he can wear a Hurley Duke jersey, sit on the couch with me, have a cold beer and watch Duke basketball.

Seriously, from all I've read and from people I've talked to, they really do, in time, warm up to their owners. If anyone has additional insights, though, please do share. Lot's to learn here.
    Remember, it's okay to love your pets, just don't *love* your pets.

-EarlJam
    Hopefully he won't start thinking of you as his lunch...
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Hurley

Hurley didn't eat much his first two days here. During the last two days, he has been one collard green, carrot, green bean eating mo flicker!

Hurley's appetite is kicking in full gear.

Also, Hurley says to tell all of you, "What's up" and "How's it going soon to be fellow DBR posters?"

He's a well-spoken Iguana. Really.

-EarlJam

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Hopefully he won't start thinking of you as his lunch...
    Feed him King Rice. Or Eric Anthony.