Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gocanes0506 View Post
    ECU beat State yesterday 33-30. Everyone is calling for DD's head.
    Well, not everyone. The ECU folks would love to keep him around.

BYU-Utah game, which is the Rocky Mountain version of Duke-UNC, was predictably crazy. Utah scored a defensive touchdown on the first play of the game with a pick six. They turned the ball over six times!
    The BYU safety was ejected on a dubious targeting call and on the very next play, his backup was ejected for the same thing. Mike Pereira said that neither play was really targeting.
    In the end, it was 20-13 Utah with about 2.5 minutes to play. BYU finally puts together a decent drive and scores a touchdown.
    Inexplicably, they go for two. With a planned quarterback draw and no plan b. Utah runs a blitz and the game is over. Final score Utah 20 BYU 19.
    First time since 1994 that a team turned it over six times and still managed to win a game. Crazy game, as always.

My Huskies (the good ones, north WEST, not north EAST version) are still looking good - and still have played no one. BIG circle on Friday the 30th when Stanford comes to town.

Louisville up early on FSU in a very big game for ACC Championship hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Louisville up early on FSU in a very big game for ACC Championship hopes.
    Now 25. Louisville is pretty good. Jackson is fearless.0

After all the hype in Boone, Yosef be like

**Posting that here because I didn't see an ACC Week 3 thread.
    Last edited by Tripping William; 09-17-2016 at 02:12 PM.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    After all the hype in Boone, Yosef be like

**Posting that here because I didn't see an ACC Week 3 thread.
    My fault ... I forgot to do the ACC Week 3 thread.

While Miami is taking care of business in Boone (31-10 last I looked), it's nothing compared to the whipping Louisville is putting on Florida State -- 42-10 a few minutes ago and the Cards are not letting up.

Clemson cruising as expected over SC State. I saw something in that game I've never seen before. A SC State player catches a kickoff halfway deep in the end zone. He decides not to bring it out, so he turns and tosses the ball to the ref, standing a few feet away. The ref dodges the ball, Clemson falls on it for a touchdown. Crazy!

BTW: They shortened that game at the half -- two 12 minute quarters. Unlike Cut and his reaction after a 49-0 halftime lead over NCCU, Dabo Swinney did not call off the dogs in the second half with a 45-0 lead. He did sub -- but his second team came out firing, wide open ... it was 59-0 last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Now 25. Louisville is pretty good. Jackson is fearless.0
    FSU getting embarrassed - no coming back from this. Jackson is putting on a show. His last running touchdown was other worldly.
    Last edited by dukelifer; 09-17-2016 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympic Fan View Post
    My fault ... I forgot to do the ACC Week 3 thread.

While Miami is taking care of business in Boone (31-10 last I looked), it's nothing compared to the whipping Louisville is putting on Florida State -- 42-10 a few minutes ago and the Cards are not letting up.

Clemson cruising as expected over SC State. I saw something in that game I've never seen before. A SC State player catches a kickoff halfway deep in the end zone. He decides not to bring it out, so he turns and tosses the ball to the ref, standing a few feet away. The ref dodges the ball, Clemson falls on it for a touchdown. Crazy!

BTW: They shortened that game at the half -- two 12 minute quarters. Unlike Cut and his reaction after a 49-0 halftime lead over NCCU, Dabo Swinney did not call off the dogs in the second half with a 45-0 lead. He did sub -- but his second team came out firing, wide open ... it was 59-0 last time I checked.
    That is mortifying. Don't play the second half at all then.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    FSU getting embarrassed - no coming back from this. Jackson is putting on a show. His last running touchdown was other worldly.
    That was one impressive run by the Louisville QB.
    Wow. Jackson is making a statement.

Duke is going to have its hands full when we play them.

56-10. Wood shedding.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    56-10. Wood shedding.
    Jimbo's face as they hang half-a-hundred = priceless.

Make it 63. 12:30 left.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Make it 63. 12:30 left.
    Cards might get to an actual hundred ...,

According to the ABC announcers, the Showtime documentary crew that is following the FSU football team this season for the cable network's show, "A Season With Florida State Football," was required by Jimbo to leave the FSU sideline when the score was still 49-10. It'll be interesting to see that episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    According to the ABC announcers, the Showtime documentary crew that is following the FSU football team this season for the cable network's show, "A Season With Florida State Football," was required by Jimbo to leave the FSU sideline when the score was still 49-10. It'll be interesting to see that episode.
    Did Jameis give a halftime pep talk this time? If so, will they show it?

Louisville at Clemson in two weeks will be interesting.

Ole Miss 24, Alabama 3 with three minutes left in the 1st half. I missed the Louisville whipping of FSU as I was on the golf course, but this game is starting to get away from the Crimson Tide.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by ipatent View Post
    Louisville at Clemson in two weeks will be interesting.
    With apologies to the Duke football team, which plays at Louisville on a Friday night (Oct. 14), the Cards realistically have just two chances to lose (barring some severe injuries),

The Oct. 1 game at Clemson is obviously a big one. Later, they get Houston in Houston on a Thursday night. Nov. 17.

The rest of their schedule is not imposing -- at Marshall, Duke, NC State, at Virginia, at BC, Wake Forest and Kentucky.

Realistically, they beat Clemson and they are in the ACC title game ... beat Clemson, Houston and win the ACC title game and they are in the playoffs.

Not saying that's easy (especially at Clemson Oct. 1), but it is a remarkably simple path.

BTW: Virginia just lost at UConn to go 0-3. They get Central Michigan at home next week before traveling to Duke Oct. 1.

UNC is going to beat JMU, but their defense looks terrible. Pitt is down a touchdown at Oklahoma State at the half. VPI is killing BC at the half.

Also, very solid win by Georgia Tech over Vanderbilt, improves the ACC to 3-2 vs. the SEC and 5-3 vs. the P5. That could change, depending on the outcome of Pitt at Oklahoma State (and later, Duke at Northwestern)

Quote Originally Posted by fisheyes View Post
    That was one impressive run by the Louisville QB.
    Wow. Jackson is making a statement.

Duke is going to have its hands full when we play them.
    That will not be pretty. He might score every play. He is elusive and once in space- it is over. He could get hurt before the matchup as he will not get down- but Duke will have a very tough game if they come to play.