New show you may have heard of

Apparently there is this thing called Frank TV on TBS. Maybe you've seen a commercial or two for it.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they have seen the first 4 episodes of that thing in between innings over the past week!?!??!!?

--Jason "the sad thing is, I really like Frank Calliendo and think he is very funny but all these commericals are turning me off!" Evans

Talking Better on Radio

He's a lot better to listen to and not be seen.

I like him too, but in heavy doses all of his impressions sound the same to me after a while.

May he burn in Hell.

-Earljam

kidding.

King Kauffman makes a good point in his Salon sports column today: One of the major points for networks in overpaying by large amounts of cash to get marquee sporting events is the free advertising for their other productions. CBS and FOX, of course, have been known to milk this opportunity ad naseum during NCAA tourney and baseball telecasts. So, this is all TBS has got? They paid how much for the baseball playoffs? To give us 14,000 Frank TV ads?

Can I hear a collective groan, also, for the TBS coverage generally? It's aw-ful. Dick Stockton and Ron Darling? Seriously? That's the best you could get? A bunch of local guys and basketball announcers? Ernie Johnson with Frank Thomas in the studio. What, Sir Charles wasn't available? Ted Robinson is great. For tennis. I don't want him broadcasting the BoSox/Angels. Steve Stone (the one bright spot in this whole lineup) would be just as good by himself. I half expect McEnroe to chime in every time Robinson asks a question.

Don't get me wrong - it's better than having to listen to three weeks of McCarver and Brenneman, but geez.

Also, what color, exactly, is Dick Stockton's hair?