Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

unc Files its Response

UNC has filed its response to the NCAA. It appears that UNC is digging in to fight EVERYTHING. If there were negotiations with the NCAA over this, they failed completely.
    Last edited by hallcity; 08-02-2016 at 01:49 PM.

In a nutshell upon first review:

We're bus-tossing Boxill, Nyang'oro and Crowder, all of whom are deplorable characters that refused to cooperate but nevertheless violated no NCAA rules and aren't here anymore regardless, and we have shored everything up in the meantime so there's nothing here to see, please move along, and pretend none of this ever happened.

^ that's right, once again, "we are no longer doing the things we claimed we never did."

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 6m6 minutes ago

UNC AD Bubba Cunningham says in response to Q on self-imposed penalties:"in this case we're not there yet on self imposing any penalties."

"Not there yet." What could that mean? Still negotiating?

I hate them so much.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    UNC has filed its response to the NCAA. It appears that UNC is digging in to fight EVERYTHING. If there were negotiations with the NCAA over this, they failed completely.
    Money quote:

For these reasons, the University believes that any administrative failure with respect to the AFRI-AFAM
    Department is not a violation of NCAA rules.
    The Department is an academic unit of the larger
    University and the appropriate review of such an academic unit is properly under the jurisdiction of the
    University and its academic accrediting agency, SACSCOC, and not for scrutiny by way of the NCAA
    infractions process.
    In other words, we set up a cheating scam for 18+ years for the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible but you have no say. Further, we are not in a position self administer any penalties.(see section IV, conclusion)
    So the question is will the infractions committee takes umbrage with arrogance and dishonesty of the response or roll over and simply penalize women's basketball?

Well, I guess the fact that over span of three decades UNC really didn't have thousands of athletes enrolled in fake classes so they could remain eligilbe and/or spend more time on their sport.

Glad that's cleared up.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    "Not there yet." What could that mean? Still negotiating?
    Haha, hardly. It means that they refuse, REFUSE, to go stand in the corner with their face to the wall, not even for a second!
    No, no, no and now they are escalating to the tantrum stage.

Such lowlife, unwashed, dishonorable, classless sludgesuckers...
    And this, from above

"For these reasons, the University believes that any administrative failure with respect to the AFRI-AFAM
    Department is not a violation of NCAA rules. The Department is an academic unit of the larger
    University and the appropriate review of such an academic unit is properly under the jurisdiction of the
    University and its academic accrediting agency, SACSCOC, and not for scrutiny by way of the NCAA
    infractions process."

is a hot steaming load of humina,humina, whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Money quote:

In other words, we set up a cheating scam for 18+ years for the sole purpose of keeping athletes eligible but you have no say. Further, we are not in a position self administer any penalties.(see section IV, conclusion)
    So the question is will the infractions committee takes umbrage with arrogance and dishonesty of the response or roll over and simply penalize women's basketball?
    Not to mention that it occurred in philosophy, exercise and sports science, geology and maybe one or 2 other "departments."

What a bunch of lying, cheating, dishonest, dismissive, despicable arrogant bastards.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    Haha, hardly. It means that they refuse, REFUSE, to go stand in the corner with their face to the wall, not even for a second!
    No, no, no and now they are escalating to the tantrum stage.

Such lowlife, unwashed, dishonorable, classless sludgesuckers...
    And this, from above

"For these reasons, the University believes that any administrative failure with respect to the AFRI-AFAM
    Department is not a violation of NCAA rules. The Department is an academic unit of the larger
    infractions process."

is a hot steaming load of humina,humina, whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop.
    I'm damned proud to share a cherished spot on Mt. Hatemore with this esteemed poster.

could this piss off the infractions committee?....
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I'm damned proud to share a cherished spot on Mt. Hatemore with this esteemed poster.
    Hate offers no rewards. Hate gives no solace. Hate does not make one proud. Hate is the darkness from which light can not escape. You my friend are letting it slip.

When I use to work for a defense contractor in the 80's and 90's we called such a response "shining the turd." We had to employ such responses from time to time and they hardly ever worked.
    Tom Mac

IV. CONCLUSION
    This Response reflects the University’s strong commitment to honor its obligations as an NCAA member institution, and it follows years of close cooperation and productive discussion with the enforcement staff. The University has confidence that the hearing panel will consider this information carefully and looks forward to the opportunity to discuss these issues with the hearing panel.

In the interim, this case’s jurisdictional and procedural issues make it difficult for the University to assign appropriate penalties for the alleged violations. If the hearing panel determines that penalties are to be imposed, the University believes that they must be tied directly to a particular violation of NCAA bylaws and, in all instances, must be applied in a fair and consistent manner. It would be an unprecedented application of NCAA rules to impose a penalty on institutional employees, student-athletes, or sport programs that are not the subject of, or even referenced in, an allegation in the ANOA.

The University acknowledges its ultimate responsibility for the past events on its campus, and it has made enormous investments to address them. A summary of the University’s corrective measures appears in its Response to Supplemental question 3, and comprehensive information about its more than 70 reforms and initiatives may be found at carolinacommitment.unc.edu. It has emerged from this ordeal as a stronger institution.
    The more I read, the more I hate. It is a shame that either of our honorable athletic programs will be sullied by playing in their filth during this upcoming athletics season.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    could this piss off the infractions committee?...
    I certainly hope so. While we all are used to the steaming pile of arrogance emanating from Orange County, the level exhibited in this piece of sophism is so profound that the COI members should feel insulted by it and take retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by moonpie23 View Post
    could this piss off the infractions committee?...
    Or part of a pre-planned, coordinated effort to design a way for both sides to exit the scandal without jumping into the cesspool?

Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    Hate offers no rewards. Hate gives no solace. Hate does not make one proud. Hate is the darkness from which light can not escape. You my friend are letting it slip.
    Quote Originally Posted by PackMan97 View Post
    The more I read, the more I hate. It is a shame that either of our honorable athletic programs will be sullied by playing in their filth during this upcoming athletics season.
    What'd you post about hate?

Weezie and I will wave to you graciously as you pass by this mythical Mt.

Thumbs down

They are the scummiest of scumbags.

they skated almost, if not easier than michael nifong. BOTH are liars and cheaters!
    i guess k-mart will start selling turd heel shirts again.

This response seems more like an industry's denial to The EPA after getting caught dumping hazardous waste into a river.