Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Unhappy And Blue Devil Alley Wept...

No re-entry at Wallace Wade for 2016:

http://today.duke.edu/2016/08/footballsafety

And no bags of any kind, not even the clear-plastic policy that many schools have adopted. That is ridiculous. I know Duke really can't be trying to suppress attendance, but it sure feels like we don't want people to attend games.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    And no bags of any kind, not even the clear-plastic policy that many schools have adopted. That is ridiculous. I know Duke really can't be trying to suppress attendance, but it sure feels like we don't want people to attend games.
    This policy looks like it was conceived by someone only worried about their own responsibilities and/or liabilities.

The no bags policy isn't going to make the wife and daughter happy. There are legitimate items brought into the stadium in bags such as rain gear when inclement weather is forecast and blankets on cold days in October and November.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    The no bags policy isn't going to make the wife and daughter happy. There are legitimate items brought into the stadium in bags such as rain gear when inclement weather is forecast and blankets on cold days in October and November.
    Exactly. Even the Baltimore Ravens allow clear bags into M&T Bank Stadium. I say this because the NFL is about as uptight of an organization as you will ever find.

I wonder if enough folks contact the admin office if they will reconsider this?

I'll drop them an email today....

You thought Wallace Wade was empty before... Used to go out at halftime to grab a few more beers and leftovers and gather with family to discuss the first half. Kids always looked forward to the stamp on the hand (or face.) Many more did the same. I guarantee you people still will, leaving the stadium even more deserted.

I'm guessing our tailgate group, collectively or individually, will send emails to the AD voicing our displeasure and disapproval of these somewhat ridiculous policies. Certainly not measures to enhance the game day experience and boost attendance.

SMH
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Remind me again, because we've talked about this before -- does Duke have the ability to sell beer at games, but chooses not to do so? Beer is always available at NCAA basketball sites and bowl games, so I assume there is not an NCAA ban.

I could arguably see the no in/out rule if you sold beer and did not want the competition. And my guess is, beer is one of the main reasons folks slip out at half.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    here's my ultra secret way of dealing with this: I'll carry in my stuff by hand without a bag, but i'll have a bag (kitchen trash bag) folded up in my back pocket, and once I get inside, I'll put
    my stuff (sun lotion, towel, raincoat, etc) in the bag. I often like to use a plastic bag so I can put stuff under my seat and it is protected from the nitwits who always seem
    to spill Cokes about five minutes into the game...

So for the early-season games when we are bringing in several bottles of sunscreen, hats, cooler towels, etc, do those count as medical supplies? This is so ridiculous, it will have to change.

My wife sometimes thinks that I act like a child. So, does a flask then qualify as meeting medicinal "childcare" needs for me?

I cannot figure out the no re-entry thing. In what scenario is that keeping anyone safer? It feels like a ploy to force people to remain in the stadium for the second half.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

20 Minutes From The Heaven That Is Cameron Indoor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    My wife sometimes thinks that I act like a child. So, does a flask then qualify as meeting medicinal "childcare" needs for me?

I cannot figure out the no re-entry thing. In what scenario is that keeping anyone safer? It feels like a ploy to force people to remain in the stadium for the second half.
    My uniformed guess is that they don't want the hassle of having to go through the Metal Detector/Pat Down process again. Could be wrong but so far that is the only thing that comes to my mind...

Can someone please post the relevant email addresses for sane people to respond to this?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Remind me again, because we've talked about this before -- does Duke have the ability to sell beer at games, but chooses not to do so? Beer is always available at NCAA basketball sites and bowl games, so I assume there is not an NCAA ban.

I could arguably see the no in/out rule if you sold beer and did not want the competition. And my guess is, beer is one of the main reasons folks slip out at half.
    I like to slip out for 15-20 minutes to make sure I get one of the specialty desserts that get put out then and a bottle of water/can of soda. Believe it or not, I rarely have another beer at half-time.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    I like to slip out for 15-20 minutes to make sure I get one of the specialty desserts that get put out then and a bottle of water/can of soda. Believe it or not, I rarely have another beer at half-time.
    Put me down for "not."

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    here's my ultra secret way of dealing with this: I'll carry in my stuff by hand without a bag, but i'll have a bag (kitchen trash bag) folded up in my back pocket, and once I get inside, I'll put
    my stuff (sun lotion, towel, raincoat, etc) in the bag. I often like to use a plastic bag so I can put stuff under my seat and it is protected from the nitwits who always seem
    to spill Cokes about five minutes into the game...
    The website says you cannot even bring in a plastic bag even if it is folded up.

ricks

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post

Yes, Duke can sell beer and wine at games, but chooses not to do so.

NC State and UNCheat cannot sell beer and wine at games, due to state laws that apply to state schools but not private schools. So it would be even more of a gameday-experience advantage over the competition. Yet we do not do it.

How about getting people to contact Coach Cut? Why should attendance suffer considering all he has done?

ricks

I will walk softly and carry a big purse.
    Love, Ima

Quote Originally Posted by Newton_14 View Post
    My uniformed guess is that they don't want the hassle of having to go through the Metal Detector/Pat Down process again. Could be wrong but so far that is the only thing that comes to my mind...
    I think this is a good guess. I am already of the opinion that Duke's underinvestment in the numbers and training (and possibly pay, but I do not have that data) of the personnel hired to facilitate stadium security entry checks and ticket scans is severe, even before effectively operating metal-detector scans and efficiently disposing of every bag that is forced to be discarded are tasks to be added to their list.