Tennessee State on Mon., Dec. 19 at Duke
    Elon on Wed., Dec. 21 at Greensboro

Major conference matches are --
    Kansas (11/15) in NYC
    Penn State (11/19) at Mohegan Sun Arena in CT
    Cincinnati(AAC) or URI (CAA) (11/20) ditto
    Michigan State (11/29) at Duke
    Florida (12/06) in NYC
    UNLV (12/10) in Las Vegas (OK, Mt. West is not "major")
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Outside of Sparty, that home schedule be like "meh."
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Outside of Kansas and Michigan State, the entire schedule seems to be "meh."

Just got this update.

"Please note: after the initial release of this information, we were notified by the Hall of Fame that our opponent on Nov. 12 is not yet confirmed. This release reflects that change."

Adjust accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Outside of Kansas and Michigan State, the entire schedule seems to be "meh."
    When in a charitable mood, I can get past the "meh" (barely) for Florida in MSG and UNLV in Vegas.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Duke has only one game scheduled in December after 12/10. Of course, the exam break and a Christmas break accounts for much of this hiatus but that's still a lot of time without a game. I'm going to take a guess that Duke will have a couple of conference games in the week after Christmas.

And, I agree that this is most most meh home schedule I can remember. It's hard to get excited about any of the home games other than Michigan State and UNC. I'm sure Coach K will say that they're all important games because Duke is playing but the conference schedule is ridiculously unbalanced. Syracuse, Notre Dame, Louisville and U.Va only played on the road.

Duke playing UNLV can only mean one thing: Cleveland State is about to go on probation again.

The Christmas break in the schedule is probably so everyone can go to the Bowl game.

Don't sleep on Rhode Island.

The City of Brotherly Love except when it's cold.
    When in a charitable mood, I can get past the "meh" (barely) for Florida in MSG and UNLV in Vegas.
    Well, UNLV is a true road game for the whiners down 15-501.

Quote Originally Posted by 77devil View Post
    Well, UNLV is a true road game for the whiners down 15-501.
    Eh its not in the Thomas N Mack center so not really...to the whiners of course

Quote Originally Posted by gurufrisbee View Post
    Don't sleep on Rhode Island.
    Agree, they aren't a blue blood but Danny Hurley turned down big offers because he's got a big time team coming back.

CBS had them preseason 15
    http://www.cbssports.com/college-bas...op-25-and-one/

They are expected to win the A10.

SI has them 25th
    http://www.si.com/college-basketball...o-early-top-25

Also, considering the strength of our conference the overall schedule is very strong. Going by SI, we'll be facing...
    Kansas (5th), MSU (6th), UNC (8th), Louisville (10th), UVA (13th), Syracuse (15th), FSU (23rd)

I guess we'd have liked at least one more against either Kentucky, Villanova, Oregon, Wisconsin, Xavier, Indiana, Texas, Arizona, UCLA, USC, Gonzaga, etc.

Last year's was like that too - Siena, Bryant, Yale, Utah State, Indiana, Buffalo, Georgia Southern.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Duke has only one game scheduled in December after 12/10. Of course, the exam break and a Christmas break accounts for much of this hiatus but that's still a lot of time without a game. I'm going to take a guess that Duke will have a couple of conference games in the week after Christmas.

And, I agree that this is most most meh home schedule I can remember. It's hard to get excited about any of the home games other than Michigan State and UNC. I'm sure Coach K will say that they're all important games because Duke is playing but the conference schedule is ridiculously unbalanced. Syracuse, Notre Dame, Louisville and U.Va only played on the road.
    I see two games - 12/19 against Tennessee State and 12/21 against Elon. But, in any event, because the Final Four is on the early side this year, to fit in a 10-week conference season conference play has to start the week of 12/26, so your suspicion is almost certainly correct.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

And just like that, NBC sports has published an article trashing our non-conference schedule.

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.c...for-the-sport/

Very weak IMO. They offer no comparisons to other programs' schedules and knock us for Florida and UNLV having down years, despite admitting that that's not our fault. Anyway, the early season games are partly for figuring out our rotation and schematics for conference play.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ballboy View Post
    And just like that, NBC sports has published an article trashing our non-conference schedule.

Very weak IMO. They offer no comparisons to other programs' schedules and knock us for Florida and UNLV having down years, despite admitting that that's not our fault. Anyway, the early season games are partly for figuring out our rotation and schematics for conference play.
    I have no idea what this guy is talking about. There are ACC games in December, January, and February. You know, that conference that has 4 hall of fame coaches and Tony Bennett and Jim Larranaga teams? There will be plenty of awesome games to watch outside of March. He just sounds like a Duke hater trying to get clicks and get more people to hate on Duke. He's trying so hard to imply that Duke is bad for college basketball. Give me a break. 100% garbage article.
    Last edited by kAzE; 07-13-2016 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1999ballboy View Post

Not sure what they want. We are in the ACC-B#? Challenge and get a top draw, and in the deal with KY/Kansas/Sparty. So that's two marquee top ten games (usually) in the first few weeks of the season. Then into the heart of the conference schedule, a conference which happens to be pretty damn good.

K schedules to get his teams ready for the tournament, and with an eye towards recruiting. Five National Championships and 52 NBA Draft selections later (31 in the first round), I'd say our scheduling under Coach K is just about perfect.

But hey, I'm sure some guy over at NBC Sports probably knows better.

Dauster feeling the heat

Rob Dauster ‏@RobDauster 13m13 minutes ago
    People seem to be reading this as a shot at Duke. It's not. Duke's 'meh' schedule is a sympton, not the problem.

Based on this feedback, Dauster beefed up the explanation as to why this is a college basketball wide problem and he makes a lot of sense in doing so. It doesn't mean there is a good solution. Football is different because there are so few games and each outcome is huge. As a college basketball writer, he bemoans the fact that after the initial spate of great games to start the season, there is little to command the attention of the casual fan between Thanksgiving and the start of league play. But, I'd argue that football is so popular that DIII games, if nationally televised, might outdraw meh college basketball games.

None of that erases the fact that he chose to call out Duke over dozens of other programs with the same "problem" because anti-Duke articles are effective clickbait.

How much, if any, BB games does NBC televise ? I think this guy is just trying to make a name for himself.