View Poll Results: Do you beleive Roof is turning the program around?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

95 80.51%
  • No.

23 19.49%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hey - we suck. But we are getting better - after so many coach changes, I think we need to realize its not the coach... We need some continuity, and give Ted the chance to get over the hump -- we are SO close SO many times. Against good teams. A change now will only set us back to the proverbial foot of the mountain.

I, too, am encouraged by the large number of people who want Ted Roof to have a very good chance to improve Duke Football. Like I said in another thread, our "vision" of giving coaches four or 5 years to succeed has not worked.

If we do need to look for another coach down the road, it must be a big name who has proved that he can turn a program around. We can probably find one, but somebody's going to have to cut loose a major amount of cash. Coach K won't be the highest-paid employee at Duke anymore.

Incidentally, if I interpret the data in this study correctly, the mean tenure of D1A football coaches at a single school is 5.29 years, based on a very large statistical sample over time. All that you ever wanted to know and more about the market for coaches and the effect of coaches on team performance can be found at http://www.allbusiness.com/public-ad...4506374-1.html.

Quote Originally Posted by mapei View Post
    Incidentally, if I interpret the data in this study correctly, the mean tenure of D1A football coaches at a single school is 5.29 years, based on a very large statistical sample over time. All that you ever wanted to know and more about the market for coaches and the effect of coaches on team performance can be found at http://www.allbusiness.com/public-ad...4506374-1.html.
    If my math is right the average at duke is 4.428571429.

Bob Fleisher = 817 Career Rebounds

Enough Roof bashing for this week. It's getting too repetitive. This thread is closed.

-jk