Speaking of academically elite, private schools

Stanford just beat Southern Cal 24-23. At USC.

Thats crazy. People thought that Stanford would be one of the four teams that Notre Dame would surely beat this year. I guess that just was cut to three now.

Maybe we'll upset VT next week...with the help of some food poisoning, itch powder and other underhanded tactics. C'mon folks, we should be INDUSTRIOUS and CUNNING, for the good of the team of course.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SCHADENFREUDE!
    Last edited by RelativeWays; 10-06-2007 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RelativeWays View Post
    Thats crazy. People thought that Stanford would be one of the four teams that Notre Dame would surely beat this year. I guess that just was cut to three now.

Maybe we'll upset VT next week...with the help of some food poisoning, itch powder and other underhanded tactics. C'mon folks, we should be INDUSTRIOUS and CUNNING, for the good of the team of course.

EDIT: Oh I forgot. BWAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! SCHADENFREUDE!
    Stanford converts a 4th and 20, then a little fade route in the corner, some good stuff. Great win which opens up the NC race, IMO. Florida's beating LSU 24-14 as I type, IN TIGER COUNTRY!! Crazy!!

Notre dame is winning at UCLA in the 4th , 20-6

Wisconsin lost this week too.

If LSU falls, South Florida may get some #1 votes in then national polls. I can feel a slight chill coming up from below.

Seriously, what kind of odds could you have gotten on BC and South Florida both being in the top 5 at some point this year?

-Jason "despite the losses this week, I still think that unless Ohio State goes undefeated, the winner of the SEC (assuming it is FL or LSU) will play the winner of Cal-USC for the national title" Evans

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Wisconsin lost this week too.

If LSU falls, South Florida may get some #1 votes in then national polls. I can feel a slight chill coming up from below.

Seriously, what kind of odds could you have gotten on BC and South Florida both being in the top 5 at some point this year?

-Jason "despite the losses this week, I still think that unless Ohio State goes undefeated, the winner of the SEC (assuming it is FL or LSU) will play the winner of Cal-USC for the national title" Evans
    Well, LSU pulled off quite a win over Florida, solidifying #1. All that being said, that's now Florida's 2nd SEC loss, so we do not have any idea as to which team will win the SEC East.

South Florida was VERY fortunate to beat FAU, so I wouldn't count on them in the top 5 ... just yet.

Look out for Missouri!
    Cheers,
    Lavabe

As posted in the earlier Notre Dame-oriented thread, the Irish will lose to Duke, Navy, Air Force or Stanford -- perhaps to twice.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Florida may well win the SEC (they still have no losses to SEC East teams), but no way would they get into the BCS title game with two losses.
    Also, no way BC runs the table...their second-half schedule is pretty tough: at Notre Dame, at VA Tech, Florida State, at Maryland, at Clemson, Miami. If they did somehow sneak through unscathed, they'd deserve a title-game berth.
    I also think it's a distinct possibility that Cal falls to USC (or, for that matter, at suddenly relevant Arizona State on Oct. 27).
    Folks, we could honestly be looking at South Florida in the title game. They close with a very manageable at Rutgers, at UConn, Cincinnati, at Syracuse, Louisville, Pittsburgh. A couple of toughies in there, to be sure, but not as tough as BC's sked imo (that said, I think both teams will lose at least one game).
    If I were a betting man, I'm looking for LSU-Ohio State in the title game. Regardless of the matchup, I think LSU is the clear class of the nation, although if this season has taught us anything, it's that such pronouncements are dangerous.