Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Marshall Plumlee signs with Knicks

Don't have a link but he signed with Miami.

I can think of much worse things to do than hang out in Miami and play basketball for the summer...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Don't have a link but he signed with Miami.
    For summer league?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Didn't Winslow send a tweet saying he told the office folks to "take Duke guys"?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Nice! Good job!

alteran is offline All-American, Honorable Mention
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I can think of much worse things to do than hang out in Miami and play basketball for the summer...
    How about hanging out in Chapel Hill and playing basketball for the summer. For Roy.

Congrats to Marshall.

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 3m3 minutes ago
    Duke's Marshall Plumlee has agreed to a guaranteed undrafted free-agent deal with the New York Knicks, league sources tell The Vertical.

Retweeted by Wojo of Vertical

From Shams Charania of the Vertical

"Duke's Marshall Plumlee has agreed to a guaranteed undrafted free-agent deal with the New York Knicks, league sources tell The Verical"

Edit: Should have spent more time with Mavis Beacon.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post
    Duke's Marshall Plumlee has agreed to a guaranteed undrafted free-agent deal with the New York Knicks, league sources tell The Vertical.

Retweeted by Wojo
    well lol i just read the comment section on Mason's IG post.

That tweet has to be incomplete (or inaccurate) information. Plumlee cannot actually sign an NBA contract for next season with the Knicks (or anyone else in the NBA) yet, as the free agent period doesn't begin for another 3 weeks. Most likely he has signed a guaranteed training camp contract (similar to what Zoubek signed back in the summer of 2010). Teams are often pretty quick to identify camp bodies after the draft. Or, perhaps even more likely, it's a summer league contract.

Still, good for him that he is getting a look from the Knicks. I doubt it results in a regular season contract, but it is at least a step towards getting his foot in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Outlaw View Post

Retweeted by Wojo of Vertical
    That's a good landing spot for MP3. The Knicks have like 5 players under contract next year. He will definitely get a chance to make his case for a roster spot.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

So, original post confused or lie?

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    That tweet has to be incomplete (or inaccurate) information. Plumlee cannot actually sign an NBA contract for next season with the Knicks (or anyone else in the NBA) yet, as the free agent period doesn't begin for another 3 weeks. Most likely he has signed a guaranteed training camp contract (similar to what Zoubek signed back in the summer of 2010). Teams are often pretty quick to identify camp bodies after the draft. Or, perhaps even more likely, it's a summer league contract.

Still, good for him that he is getting a look from the Knicks. I doubt it results in a regular season contract, but it is at least a step towards getting his foot in the door.
    Doesn't say he signed yet, just agreed so it doesn't seem inaccurate at all. Doesn't specify what is guaranteed so it is incomplete but it sounds like at least a camp invite. Usually when undrafted FAs start getting put on summer league teams with no contract the tweets are pretty clear that they are getting a summer league deal. Those were the type of tweets about Quinn for his Thunder and Cavs summer league spots. The wording here seems promising for Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by tbyers11 View Post
    That's a good landing spot for MP3. The Knicks have like 5 players under contract next year. He will definitely get a chance to make his case for a roster spot.
    And we just traded Robin Lopez for DRose. Zinger still not strong enough for a true 5. Only true 5 now, Seraphin, is a FA, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    And we just traded Robin Lopez for DRose. Zinger still not strong enough for a true 5. Only true 5 now, Seraphin, is a FA, I think.
    Current Knicks roster includes no true center:

Carmelo Anthony
    Derrick Rose
    Kristaps Porzingas
    Kyle O'Quinn
    Langston Galloway (Qualifying Offer)
    Cleanthony Early (QO)
    Justin Holiday

None of those guys can play the center position. They could go small ball with Melo and Porzingas as the frontcourt. The Knicks are in on another big-time free agent like Kevin Durant, Dwight Howard, or Joakim Noah. I think there will be plenty of interest in having a cheap player like Plumlee on the roster or easily accessible via the D-League.

According to Amile

Amile Jefferson‏ @AmileJefferson
    PLUMDOZER TO THE KNICKS
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Marshall has some similarities to the big centers from Jackson's Bulls team.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Marshall has some similarities to the big centers from Jackson's Bulls team.
    Wennington or Cartwright? Cartwright was a good offensive center with the Knicks if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Wennington or Cartwright? Cartwright was a good offensive center with the Knicks if I remember correctly.
    Don't forget about Luc "skywalker" Longely...

Congrats to Marshall...

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Don't forget about Luc "skywalker" Longely...

Congrats to Marshall...
    I'm a Knicks fan. Thus I try to forget about all Bulls...(Bill W was a St. John's guy - I'm a Queens guy and it's where I am a professor post-Deloitte; Bill C was a Knick. Those are exceptions. )