Thread: Brandon Knight

Brandon Knight

http://www.risemag.com/main.cfm?acti...rticleId=11240

He’s in the top 2 percent of his class at a very competitive academic school, and although his 4.0 GPA excuses him from team-mandated study sessions, Knight is there every day.

“Understand that this kid is very rare,” says Beckerman. “He is not typical. People look at him and may perceive that he is just like a lot of other kids. He is not like other kids. He is a very, very special student-athlete.”
    Last edited by -jk; 10-06-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: unbolded

Quote Originally Posted by gotham devil View Post
    http://www.risemag.com/main.cfm?acti...rticleId=11240

He’s in the top 2 percent of his class at a very competitive academic school, and although his 4.0 GPA excuses him from team-mandated study sessions, Knight is there every day.

“Understand that this kid is very rare,” says Beckerman. “He is not typical. People look at him and may perceive that he is just like a lot of other kids. He is not like other kids. He is a very, very special student-athlete.”
    My members know this little tidbit about Brandon. His Mom made him sit out a game one time for making a B on a test.
    Last edited by -jk; 10-06-2007 at 07:41 PM. Reason: unbolded

Pine Crest Panthers!

The sophomore standout is now considered one of the nation’s top players in the Class of 2010 and has helped turned his Pine Crest (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) team into a state powerhouse in just two years since joining the starting lineup as an eighth-grader.
    I graduated from Pine Crest, class of 1972! Many Crestians have gone to Duke, probably averaging 2 to 3 per year, out of a typical graduating class of ~100.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Music to coach K's ears

Quote: "He is a very, very special student-athlete."

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    I graduated from Pine Crest, class of 1972! Many Crestians have gone to Duke, probably averaging 2 to 3 per year, out of a typical graduating class of ~100.
    I believe Bobby Hurley has two children at Pinecrest at the present time.

Ozzie, I go down either 62nd or 18th or Dixie a couple times a week. I'll wave for you!

Rivals has him as the #2 player in the 2010 class. The list of schools he is said to be considering (it is waay early for this, but still..) is a strange mix considering academics seem to be so important to him. His list is: Duke, Clemson, UConn, Miami, UNC, and Texas A&M. I wonder if that list is old and if the Texas A&M has changed to Kentucky? I have also heard that Florida and Ohio State are on his list.

Still, aside from Duke and (to a lesser extent) UNC and maybe Miami, these are not elite academic schools. One would think a kid really focussing on academics (he is attending an elite prep school that charges like $15k a year to attend) would have schools like Vandy, Stanford, Georgetown, Cal, and Virgina along with Duke on his list.

Then again, it is not like you cannot get a very good education at those other schools. This is a special kid. We'd be quite fortunate to land him. The way Coach K plays the game, you can never have too many PGs!!

--Jason "you can see a bit of Brandon here" Evans
    Last edited by JasonEvans; 10-06-2007 at 11:43 PM.

Thumbs up Dear Brandon

Brandon,

I'm sure you read this website. So... you'd be a fool not to come to Duke and experience the joy of the best education on the planet, as well as the coaching of Coach K, and the exceptional joy, enthusiasm and creativity of the Crazies. Brandon. Welcome aboard. We humbly await your commitment. Keep studying.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I believe Bobby Hurley has two children at Pinecrest at the present time.

Ozzie, I go down either 62nd or 18th or Dixie a couple times a week. I'll wave for you!
    Cool! I didn't know that. I thought PC (Pine Crest) closed the dorms a few years ago (they used to have a sizable boarding school contingent to go along with locals, mostly for world class swimmers who attended to swim under longtime coach Jack Nelson). Bobby doesn't live in Ft. Lauderdale as far as I know, so who do the kids live with?

Pine Crest is at the corner of Cypress Creek Parkway/NE 62nd Street and NE 18th Avenue.

Perusing their web site http://www.pinecrest.edu/Default.asp?bhcp=1 I find no mention of the dorms. Also, tuition for this year ranges from $15,680 for Pre-K and K, to $19,240 to grades 9 - 12. And boy, has it grown in 35 years!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Got to love this kid!

It's so refreshing to read about a "student" athlete. Sounds like Duke material

Everywhere Material

He also sounds like Stanford Material.

As a top 10 player, he will be welcomed anywhere. I expect him to decide based on what would be the best situation for himself. Duke will probably be in the discussion, but the world is this kid's oyster.

Patrick Yates